Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    About once a month.

Mental health is just as important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I like your thinking. I get paid if I'm sick, so I will use that to my advantage. I can self certify for up to 5 days, so anytime I'm off I will be off for at least 4 to make sure I'm completely ready to go back and recovered.

I do not like to leave my colleagues in the shit, but if I am legitimately ill, I won't go in. Not to mention if you work in an environment where you're close to each other in an office or such, whatever you have (cold/flu symptoms w/e) can spread like wildfire. This happened last year when 4-5 of us got the flu after one person came in with it. I don't understand these people with paid sick leave that come in because they want to be "manly". Congratulations, you're likely to make a lot of your colleagues ill because of your pride, so manly.

I will be honest though, I've been off once just "because I can", but can't say I feel guilty for it xD
    Ditto.

I'm not a machine, if I don't feel well and it's not some silly headache you fix with a single pill - I go home or stay home. Heck people at my workplace expect others to not come working when they are not feeling well - it's absolutely fine, team and all - we all are adult about it and know our health comes before work, not second to work.

All this "bringing team down" and shit is a bunch of baloney, because any sort of decent workplace assigns time for tasks according to the expectation people are not robots and do take sick days and days off. If I have a team colleague not coming to work because her kid is feverish, I don't grind my teeth at that just in the same fashion she won't if I am off at home because I don't feel well.

And that of course is on top of if you have cold signs you have to stay home, because it might be a virus and you will just spread that shit around and fuck up others with your silly outburst of "manliness".

I usually get pretty sick once every two years - taking two week leave.

Waking up and feeling dizzy, stomach pain - happens every two months. I just work from home for a day or two.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Technically every day, I am on disability. Though I'm not sick, i'm ill.

I can call in sick 3 times every 90 days before you get in trouble. I use them up. I hate my job.

never. never been late. never left early. never took a rest. my father died, did not even go to the funeral as he would simply tell me to go back and work from his coffin. (I am living in a different country but If I asked I am sure the company would let me go).

Where I work is pretty lax when it comes to rest and personal stuff. they understand each individual has different things they must handle at different times. I do not hold grudge to people taking a rest when they are sick, or taking a leave for birth, death etc. hate people abusing the system. Like, not coming to work for 2 years straight but still getting paid as it is their right. wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronical migraine means about a dozuen days a year + the odd flu like (1 week). Sick leave is paid by my insurance (to be more specific: day 1 and 2 is paid by the government, the rest by general health insurance).

It doesn't matter too much, because my job is task driven. If i'm sick on friday and the deadline is on monday -> i'll finish on tuesday.

I get sick once a year, and then I’m immune.