Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Either follow the rules, or be ostracized. Those are the options.
    lmao what are they going to do? hack my wifi? corpse camp? good luck with that. name and shame all day at trade? I simply keep doing my own pvp. provided gear is good enough to keep me occupied. I am rogue. can go anywhere anytime i want and farm. I would like to seem trying to make my game miserable. /who in ever zone. start searching lmao, what a waste of time.

too bad I am not in high school anymore.

If I belong to group/guild I am willing to play by the rules but If I am a solo player, no sir nothing can stop me. I decide how I play. and seriously, getting beaten by a single player vs whole server is simply pathetic. wth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    lmao what are they going to do? hack my wifi? corpse camp? good luck with that. name and shame all day at trade? I simply keep doing my own pvp. provided gear is good enough to keep me occupied. I am rogue. can go anywhere anytime i want and farm. I would like to seem trying to make my game miserable. /who in ever zone. start searching lmao, what a waste of time.

too bad I am not in high school anymore.

If I belong to group/guild I am willing to play by the rules but If I am a solo player, no sir nothing can stop me. I decide how I play. and seriously, getting beaten by a single player vs whole server is simply pathetic. wth.
    I guess if you have fun playing an MMO by yourself.. more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's not what you said. you said they exclude people for "bad gear"
    Feel free to quote me saying that.

- - - Updated - - -

and seriously, getting beaten by a single player vs whole server is simply pathetic. wth.
    see
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Except that brackets are purposefully left low because the community is willing to cooperate and they could easily raise it to a level that a solo queuer would never feasibly reach if they so choose. Yeah, pretty elitist of them to work in a way that allows people who don't do premades to still have a decent standing for the week.
    What is this misconception people keep having that the people organizing premades couldn't raise the brackets to a level solo players couldn't feasibly reach if they wanted to? The only result bracket breaking has is that people who can get honor much faster than solo players by joining premades continue to raise the bracket caps until they are high enough that solo players will never reach it and that all solo players as a result will have much worse standing for the week.

This 'haha fuck organized pvpers' attitude only seems to stem from misinformation and ignorance. This hurts non organized pvpers far more than it hurts the ones in premades.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2020-06-23 at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I dont say they are Penalized by certain Groups who look at some honor Lists/rankings/whatever and decide they dont want him.
    I say apparently judging by the Attitude of many here, and the Quotes of the OP that these people are activly Harrassed.

I mean did you read some of those Responses? Some (Most of the People in this Thread) People who come from these Groups/Organisations think themselves as people who dictate the Server Law.

And I repeat myself: What I think is messed up is less that you "Decide who you take into your Group, but that these Organisations try to control all PVP on the server. Thats what I think is Messed up.
    And as some people pointed out, with (at least how I understand this works) its a form of WinTrading, as the group decides who gets which rank next.

I just stated my Opinion on the whole system. I really really feel it way overboard, and defeating the Point of the entire PVP system.
    Sure, probably if you play the system everyone (Except people not in the Cartel) wins. But as I said, I´m a simple guy:
    I Log on, I play, I have fun. I think its messed up that someone could come up to me and say: "Hey, you killed to much Horde Scum, you need to stop, or well make you Transfer server" (A Bit exaggerated, but that was kinda what was said in the OP)

Its something I came across in a couple of games, where you play and mind your Business, and then you realize that basically everything is run by this one Organisation. I´m not a big fan of that to be Honest.

This is what I´ve been actually wondering, how in the world can a single person actually make a blip to these groups.
    That reinforces my impression that there is actually really a shady cartel like organisation that Bullys/Harasses people, if a single person playing solo can mess up their schedule. If they can keep it that low.

To be fair thats the same amount of Awesome, as its Messed up.
    Well yea, it is awesome and it is messed up to an extent but in the spirit of this thread, the devilsaur mafia is disruptive to the average player because it inflates leather prices at the whim of those partaking in it while the bracket awarding system is actually a collective effort that makes everybody better off eventually.

Plus, that kind of mafia works across factions which can be considered a bannable offense(even though you can't actually prove anything) while the player bracket system works inside your own faction cooperatively.

Oh and btw this is obviously a bait thread but I felt like informing people replying based on things they don't understand about the system because if they ever intend to rank I can assure you they will understand how great the system is.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-06-23 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get Rank 10 Tomorrow and i dont even give a shit about it, Raidloot ftw. I told the "Rankers" to fuck off and leave me be, otherwise i would sacrifice more gnomes for good raidloot

Yeh, I mean, if you want to do 30min BWLs you have to put the effort in. How is this any different? You think they let anyone into the top guilds?
    i mean... i have people in my retail guild who went to classic, joined apes, did the world first MC clear, and then immediately sold their accounts. so yeah? all it took to get into that was sleeping a few hours less for a week.

and that took way more effort than the "effort" you have to put into getting buffs for a fast raid clear.

i mean... i have people in my retail guild who went to classic, joined apes, did the world first MC clear, and then immediately sold their accounts. so yeah? all it took to get into that was sleeping a few hours less for a week.

and that took way more effort than the "effort" you have to put into getting buffs for a fast raid clear.
    Still waiting for that 'bad gear' quote.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I guess if you have fun playing an MMO by yourself.. more power to you.
    that is the thing. it is a competition. I would be god damn proud to take on the whole server pvp group. They must be utter slackers to have such a low bracket. How can you lose to a single guy? and he is aiming for rank8-10. ffs. Glad that I did not experience this kind of bullshit back in the day.

I was playing classic and reached rank 6 but time and work, marriage and retail doesnot allow me to keep up anymore. I would be mad if somebody told me hey you can go rank 8 because reasons. with all the time constraints I would be super pissed and what they do is clearly against ToS. Nobody can say shit about it. You may not invite a player to a guild, group, but calling names on trade for this is against ToS. simple as that.

If he belonged to that pvp group however, he would be better following their rules. I can understand that. Or just leave the group and play however you he wants. A group of neckbeards cannot impose server wide rules on solo players.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    So, I understand that server reputation was/is important, as I played in TBC.

But there is a limit to let's say PVP.

Friend of mine, got into PVP only just for rep and now he wants the rank up, and because he was active pvping whole 2 weeks, he got into the 2-3 brackets and some dude whispered him (that gives caps for honor per week) and told him how long he can pvp for (due to cap) and that if he is 'bracket breaking' he may be banned and he said those who broke brackets always need to transfer servers, I mean wtf? Because some top bracket rankers will be mad, he can't pvp? I mean he really enjoys it.

TLDR: He was told he will be named shamed in the server, because of 'bracket breaking".

who is correct here?
    Due to how the honor system works in classic, its one of those situations where if everyone cooperates and agrees on placements it will mean less effort for everyone involved. Think of it as forming a line to go into the store vs everyone trying to rush and squeeze themselfs in at once. In most social places IRL a line is the expected way of behaving, and if you try to skip ahead theres the risk of someone punching you in the face.

However in this instance one could question wether "forming a line" and attempting to enforce it is really the right thing to do. Because the pvpsystem is meant to be a race or a battle for the top spots. So even thou forming the line is the most convenient and also efficient approach by the players, they are subverting the original intent of the system.

Ofc he can always choose to ignore the social rules of his server and try to skip the line.

The consequences of ingoring the rules is that he will likely find himself not invited to any of the premade groups that community forms.
    There is also the added risk of that community being able to convince other premade groups on the server to not invite him aswell, that would depend on how widespread their community is. If theres a bunch of premades outside of the community that doesnt give a damn about rankings or placement and will play with him regardless of wether hes bracketbreaking or not then he can probobly safely ignore them. Id say thats not very likely thou.

Its a shame that blizz didnt allow xrealm grouping (i mean we got xrealm bgs anyway, mightaswell go the whole way at this point), because with xrealm premades possible, enforcing server brackets becomes pretty much impossible.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Right, Im sure these players were completely unknown entities in Apes and just got in because Apes was desperate to take anybody

that is the thing. it is a competition. I would be god damn proud to take on the whole server pvp group. They must be utter slackers to have such a low bracket.
    Because the brackets are purposefully left low so they have to do less work? And as soon as a solo player breaks it, they raise it so that said players fall back out of it? It sounds more like you have no idea how this system works.
    Enjoy.

Right, Im sure these players were completely unknown entities in Apes and just got in because Apes was desperate to take anybody
    they did take anyone who was lvl 58? it was just about who got there first.

That didn't happen

Please don't try to fool an insider further.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    -snip-
    Amazing, a reasonable response. All it boils down to is people saying 'I won't group with you'. If the person doesn't want to group with them, nothing happens. If the person wants to group with them, they set the rules because they are the ones forming the group. It's meaningless to get mad at the players not wanting to group with that person just because rank14 essentially requires having a premade group.

- - - Updated - - -

So how about that quote of mine where I talked about 'bad gear'? You seem to have a habit of talking out your ass.
    Enjoy.

No, stop making stuff up

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, with solo queueing I don't see how it's feasible, see
    Probably not solo queuing, but if they have people playing with them from guild or whatever outside the bracket groups it is. It's happened on my server. There were some people that had already finished and helped break brackets with their buddies.

that is the thing. it is a competition. I would be god damn proud to take on the whole server pvp group.
    Lol its cute that you think you could queueing solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Probably not solo queuing, but if they have people playing with them from guild or whatever outside the bracket groups it is. It's happened on my server. There were some people that had already finished and helped break brackets with their buddies.
    He specifically said he plays by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Oh sure, if you have a group that you can play with regardless you're free to go wild. I was specifically referring to someone playing solo as the OP suggested though.
    Enjoy.

So how about that quote of mine where I talked about 'bad gear'? You seem to have a habit of talking out your ass.
    it was thunderball.

it was thunderball.
    Right, which returns me to my point that they are capable of raising the brackets as high as they want, and them not doing so not only benefits them, but also the people solo queueing. I'd hardly call them elitist just because they comprehend that a solo player reaching their bracket means that they have to raise the brackets higher to maintain their standing. It's just an understanding of how the system works.
    Bracket breaking hurts solo players far more than premades. The latter are easily capable of making the brackets higher. It's not elitist for them to not want solo players to essentially force their hand in making the brackets worse for the whole server.
    Enjoy.