Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

bubba Wallace noose was a garage door opener

well not used for racist reasons anyway, it's been there for years and on other doors. He better have a good explanation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/na...ace/index.html
    Last edited by jediknight12; 2020-06-24 at 01:05 AM.

Not even going to link anything for context?

Do we have another Justice for Juicy situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    He better have a good explanation.
    His explanation is that he only moved into that garage last week.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    His explanation is that he only moved into that garage last week.
    ya ok not good enough these are intelligent people and a very secure facility they should of known right away but they choose to do interviews about it.

eh progressives should wait a while to be outraged at things in the future.
    although i dont think this was a jussie smollet case, i think he may have genuinely thought it was a noose given the amount of hate hes been getting from nascar fans... i dont know. I mean i think he genuinely did theres no waay he KNEW it was a door handle and had the fbi investigate it just to look like an idiot in 3 days
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-06-24 at 01:36 AM.

well not used for racist reasons anyway, it's been there for years and on other doors. He better have a good explanation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/na...ace/index.html
    What exactly does he have to explain?

Everything pointed it to being a hate-crime:

"The evidence is very clear that the noose that was in that garage had been in the garage previously," Phelps continued. "The last race we had had there in October, that noose was present, and it was -- the fact that it was not found until a member of the 43 team came there is something that is a fact. We had not been back to the garage. It was a quick one-day show. The crew member went back in there. He looked and saw the noose, brought it to the attention of his crew chief, who then went to the NASCAR series director Jay Fabian, and we launched this investigation.

"To be clear, we would do this again. Of the evidence that we had, it was clear that we needed to look into this."

He didn't see it. He didn't report it. He didn't announce it.

One of his crew members saw it, reported it to NASCAR officials, and NASCAR instantly announced it and brought in the FBI to get ahead of the story, seeing as NASCAR is pushing the anti-confederate flag thing pretty hard. If you've seen the pictures, it's tied exactly like a noose, not just a looped rope. Turns out it had been hanging there since at least October.

In other words, it's a mistake, not a hoax.

As one of my twitter follows said, "If your reaction to this is something other than relief that it wasn't a hate crime aimed at the sport's one major driver of color, then examine your motivations."

For what, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    For what, exactly.
    Because it's my opinion i want one simple as that.

You want an explanation for what?

Who needs to give you an explanation? The guy who literally never saw it?

The explanation is in the article you linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looked like a noose. It was the pull handle for the garage door, but that pull handle had been tied to look like a noose.

It was Wallace's first time using that garage. Opening the garage and seeing a noose there, I can see the "WTF" reaction provoking the investigation.

It turns out that noose was tied like over a year ago, though; there's photos of an earlier team's use that show it. So, while it's a noose (and that's a little fuckin' weird), Wallace and his team weren't being targeted. No hate crime.

But it absolutely needed to be looked into, because the team was absolutely in the right to see it and immediately leap to "WTF." It is a noose. A loop at the end of a rope, with the big knotty section above the loop. Even if it's not made to be a noose, it looks like one, and you don't check it for functionality before making that determination. Especially since if the point was to make an implicit hate-based threat, functionality wouldn't even matter.

Everyone acted appropriately, here. It turned out to be nothing, but Wallace's team was right to react this way, and the investigation was warranted.

- - - Updated - - -

Who, Wallace? He didn't report it.

And what would he have to explain? There was a noose in the garage he was assigned this year, when he showed up. It turns out the noose had been there for months, so it wasn't something targeting him, but it was still a noose and his team was right to react as they did to figure out that he wasn't being targeted.

Why the fuck some yahoo was tying noose-like knots on a garage pull is a different story.

he pretty much said on don lemon just now it was still racist. heads I win tails you lose.

he pretty much said on don lemon just now it was still racist. heads I win tails you lose.
    Oh, he "pretty much" said that?

Arrow

It was an overreaction by his crew, but more so by NASCAR who should have just gotten with the crews first too see what the deal was before they just went releasing it to the press. It's a pretty tight community so they probably could have figured it out.

The problem for NASCAR and Wallace is that a large chunk of the fanbase, and even some of people that aren't fans, will now just tune them out. Whether Wallace supported it or not his name is attached to it. NASCAR made a show around it, and for it to turn out to just be a garage pull will leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It was an overreaction by his crew, but more so by NASCAR who should have just gotten with the crews first too see what the deal was before they just went releasing it to the press. It's a pretty tight community so they probably could have figured it out.

The problem for NASCAR and Wallace is that a large chunk of the fanbase, and even some of people that aren't fans, will now just tune them out. Whether Wallace supported it or not his name is attached to it.0 NASCAR made a show around it, and for it to turn out to just be a garage pull will leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.
    A big problem with NASCAR, is a large portion of their fans are actually racist. The fact that black people exist at all leaves a bad taste in their mouths.

10+ Year Old Account
    No he didn’t... he said he never saw it, but everyone else that saw it, called it noose... including the FBI, before their conclusion.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Don Lemon? Don LEMON? Don't you know my father was killed in a skirmish over a lemon tree in the town of Shelbyville? You pretty much just justified homicide.