Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Your logic is flawed when #1 yes there are servers and #2 your choice is on choosing the pvp server or not lol..

Difference between pvp server and warmode is pvp server is where the big boys play, even when they don't particularly feel like wpvp at the time. Wm aka regular pve servers with opt-in pvp who no one plays is just a safespace for the sissies.
    Lulz..All the past PVP servers were glorified PvE servers with one faction completely dominating it.

You are only complaining because you are unable to gang up on opposite faction 50 to 1.

Only yesterday I came from this WM shard of Naj which was so overloaded with players that entire zone was lagging.

Stop being this pathetic.
    Last edited by jdbond; 2020-06-25 at 12:39 PM.

War Mode is great. In fact I want to see them use it as the catalyst to allow cross-faction PVE.

3+ Year Old Account
    If War Mode existed a certain virtual funeral crash likely would not have happened, since people on that PvP server would have been able to turn off world pvp so they could have said funeral in peace, something that wasn't possible back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Lulz..All the past PVP servers were glorified PvE servers with one faction completely dominating it.
    Not all of them. EU rp-pvp servers had balanced populations and had very vibrant world PvP communities. They still do have a balanced population but sadly since they only shard with each other they lack the necessary player density to really provide good opportunities for world PvP skirmishes to really spontaneously happen anymore.

It wasn't so much of an issue during past expansion packs were endgame open world activity was concentrated at a few daily questing hubs, as opposed to the world quests system that spreads people out. The fact that most expansion pack before wod used to make a point of having one daily quest hub where flying wasn't allowed also helped.

Can't wait for classic to circle back to the isle of quel danas.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-06-23 at 02:17 PM.

The biggest thing of WM imo are the spells that come with it.

Like oh wow, I get 10% more gold which equates to like 8 extra gold? Lmao. 10% war resources that have zero use now? Wowwwwwww

The rewards are absolutely pitiful.

I love Warmode. I moved from a PvP realm on which I played for 10 years to Draenor (EU) back in Legion for raiding purposes. I missed having WPvP as an option, so I feel like exactly the person WM was designed for.

Never had any sort of issue with it.

War Mode was just a test for Unison Mode where we can partner with the opposite faction, this is coming it is just a matter of time but expect it to come.

As long as they remove any rewards from having it on, then i'm fine with it staying.

Rather give people 10% bonus for turning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    As long as they remove any rewards from having it on, then i'm fine with it staying.

Rather give people 10% bonus for turning it off.
    That would effectively be the same as removing it so it's not going to happen.
    "In fine with it as long as they remove it" lol

Why a failure? I have been enjoying it leveling my alts. Nice exp boost and occastional pvps here and there for fun.

War mode is one of the few things BfA did right. Being able to turn it off after 15 years on a PvP server feels amazing, now I get to choose if I want to get ganked.

The only failure is tying PvE rewards to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the issue isn't with Warmode, its with the Alliance. Let's face the facts.

Fact 1: Alliance has been behind in Mythic raiding now for the past 3 expansions. There are nearly 5x as many Horde players clearing Mythic raids as Alliance, given that by the time the Horde Hall of Fame is cleared up, Alliance is generally around 20 guilds or less with a full mythic clear under their belt.

With this being said, M+ is roughly equal between Horde and Alliance.

Fact 2: For most of WoWs lifetime, Horde has been the dominating side in BGs with a rough 60:40 win/loss ratio, with the only exceptions being the 40 man BGs in which the Alliance won 80% of the time to Hordes 20%. However, if I recall correctly at either the 2019 or 2018 Blizzcon, this ratio has been a bit.. upended with the seperation of 40 man BGs from 10 man BGs. Now, the 60:40 domination on the small BGs still remains, BUT 40 man BGs had their winratios nearly reveresed, seeing a close-to-65% winrate on Horde Side compared to a ~35% winrate on Alliance Side. Huh.

This leads to the fact that the Alliance ALWAYS has CTA up for their queued PvP, and Merc mode is always available for the Alliance. So, hell, it's quite possible that you go into a 10 man BG and it's not 10 Horde vs 10 Alliance, but rather 10 Horde vs 10 Horde mercs. Hell, didn't they make it to where Horde mercs no longer got the CTA bonus because that was the exact thing happening?

Really, at this point in WoWs lifetime, it's pretty obvious - Players who are hardcore about the game, who enjoy the competitive aspects of it, they play Horde. Players who are casual about the game, who just log in to do a few quests with buddies and then go back to watching Netflix or whatever streaming service they subscribe to, they play Alliance.

So, really, it's that Horde vs Alliance is now outdated. Not just in terms of Lore, Gameplay, but even in terms of player choice. And going forward, the competitive aspects of the game are ONLY going to become more and more Horde dominated - I bet that in late Shadowlands we won't even see 10 Alliance guilds clear Mythic by the time that Horde has filled their Hall of Fame. Eventually, Blizzard will have no other choice but to move away from the Alliance vs Horde theme, and instead move towards Expansion Faction Red vs Expansion Faction Blue for PvP, with Horde/Alliance only having an effect in the old world, as well as choice of capitals, with the PvE side of things being entirely based on Expansion Faction Yellow, the Unified PvE expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post

If people want to do PvP why do they need a carrot on a stick to flip the WM-switch?
    because warmode has no inherent benefits
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Warmode is the single most important addition to the game in BFA, hands off.

Never has daily quests been as much fun in groups.

World pvp is now alive again.

The rediculous differentiation between pve and pvp servers has been removed and people can opt in/out as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    because warmode has no inherent benefits
    Should it though? And if do doesn't it make more sense that the benefits are PvP related?

Having PvE rewards tied to war mode leads to it having a lot of people who don't want to be there. It's frustrating for both parties when one wants to fight and one wants to quest so they just run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Should it though? And if do doesn't it make more sense that the benefits are PvP related?

Having PvE rewards tied to war mode leads to it having a lot of people who don't want to be there. It's frustrating for both parties when one wants to fight and one wants to quest so they just run away.
    I dont know if it should, but blizzard thinks the wpvp engagement is too low, so they they tried to make it more attractive. not by making wpvp more fulfilling, but by attaching unrelated boni. stupid i think, but im not a game dev.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post

the only ones in the wrong are the pve folks who just want free stuff for nothing. the system is fine. it makes sense to add world content related bonuses because it takes place in the open world and if you opt in you risk not being able to do what you set out to do in the time you want.

maybe they could make the bonus a bit beefier with the added requirement of having to participate in pvp but you know people would just find ways to cheat that aswell so it's probably better to leave it as is.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    If people want to do PvP why do they need a carrot on a stick to flip the WM-switch?
    So there are people to PvP with. Unless the mode is turned into a free for all you still need some way to encourage under represented factions to turn it on even if for a little while. It certainly can use improvements as leveling wise it is a little unfair for one faction when PvP is usually non-existent. And it needs to be less than region wide for parts that, like Oceanic I believe, that have less horde but the horde do not get the buff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Warmode just isn't needed. /PvP still exists as a way to separate those who want to WPvP and those who don't. Instead of just promoting this old feature, warmode was made and problems came with it such as phasing.

I think the larger issue is how through the cross realm tech players tend to purposely stack one instance shard with one faction creating massive imbalances.

A rare 40 to 60% faction split is rare usual it's a few players pulled into a realm with an entire enemy faction raid.

It's also clear from naz that world pvp events simply cant function in such a system without making the realm unplayable.

I think we are stuck with it but I have to believe getting rid of pvp servers was a mistake.