Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    I suspected for ages that they were going down the route of Mueh'zala being Bwonsamdi's boss, which for a long time I was alright with, though with the flushing out of Mueh'zala through Shadowlands and Traveler, it starts to make a little less sense due to Mueh'zala's motivations compared to what we could make out of Bwonsamdi's prior.

A lot of it is covered in this feedback topic.
    What could they change with him though? Should they give us a bit of backstory on why he's Bwonsamdi's boss? Should they just dump the whole 'Mueh'zala serves the Jailer' thing entirely? I think him being his boss makes much more sense than the Winter Queen, since Mueh'zala is actually considered to be a Loa, and both him and Bwonsamdi are troll-like.

But the fact that De Other Side was supposedly not made by Bwon but Mueh'zala instead is just... wrong. Plus Bwon is known to take trolls to De Other Side when they die too. It's a rather strange retcon

A friend of a friend made that feedback thread. It's pretty accurate on what should be changed imo
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'm more annoyed that they made Mueh'zala really generic...

He's a giant grey troll instead of a shadowy shapeshifter.

And he seems to just be a powerhungry jerk, when all his titles would suggest the guy has... SOMETHING interesting.

If you told me he was an evil warlock who got really strong or another powerhungry priest rather than a death god and changed nothing else about his model or behavior i wouldn't see anything out of place, that's BAD.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    What could they change with him though? Should they give us a bit of backstory on why he's Bwonsamdi's boss? Should they just dump the whole 'Mueh'zala serves the Jailer' thing entirely? I think him being his boss makes much more sense than the Winter Queen, since Mueh'zala is actually considered to be a Loa, and both him and Bwonsamdi are troll-like.

But the fact that De Other Side was supposedly not made by Bwon but Mueh'zala instead is just... wrong. Plus Bwon is known to take trolls to De Other Side when they die too. It's a rather strange retcon

A friend of a friend made that feedback thread. It's pretty accurate on what should be changed imo
    I'm not so opposed to The Winter Queen being Bwonsamdi's boss despite her not being a Trolls at all, after all if we're to believe Bwonsamdi and take what he said in Shadows of the Horde at face value, he predates Trolls existing on Azeroth so I wouldn't mind it as it could feasibly be that Bwonsamdi just takes the form of the race he deals with when it comes to death.

I think in terms of Mueh'zala, it would make more sense if he and Bwonsamdi were rival psychopomps for Troll-kind, as it doesn't make a great deal of sense that Mueh'zala is the big boss, as he arguably has fewer worshipers, given that the only Trolls we have ever really seen acknowledge him are the Farraki trolls, and if memory serves me, there has been mention that Loa gain power from their number of followers, so in theory, Bwonsamdi should be the more powerful of the pair as there are multiple tribes that acknowledge and worship him compared to Mueh'zala.

Perhaps the idea that Mueh'zala defected to serving the Jailer in exchange for the power to gain control of De Other Side, mutually benefitting them both, as Mueh'zala would have his fill of souls, and he could also provide anima to the Jailer. The instance being about the player helping bring it back under Bwonsamdi's control making more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

And he seems to just be a powerhungry jerk, when all his titles would suggest the guy has... SOMETHING interesting.

If you told me he was an evil warlock who got really strong or another powerhungry priest rather than a death god and changed nothing else about his model or behavior i wouldn't see anything out of place, that's BAD.

I agree with you, it was a huge waste. He didn't have to even look like a troll. And if they wanted to use troll looking Loa besides Bwonsamdi, they should've give Zanza some spotlight and properly introduce gentle Lukou - a beautiful troll female avatar.

I'm not so opposed to The Winter Queen being Bwonsamdi's boss despite her not being a Trolls at all, after all if we're to believe Bwonsamdi and take what he said in Shadows of the Horde at face value, he predates Trolls existing on Azeroth so I wouldn't mind it as it could feasibly be that Bwonsamdi just takes the form of the race he deals with when it comes to death.
    Ideally, I'd prefer if Bwon was equal to Tooth Faerie, and he being nice to her would be simple neighbor decency. Especially considering the fact that Loa were supposedly guided troll souls through faerie land to the Other Side. So maybe that is why she was annoyed with him - that he made out of her domain a transit zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you, it was a huge waste. He didn't have to even look like a troll. And if they wanted to use troll looking Loa besides Bwonsamdi, they should've give Zanza some spotlight and properly introduce gentle Lukou - a beautiful troll female avatar.

Ideally, I'd prefer if Bwon was equal to Tooth Faerie, and he being nice to her would be simple neighbor decency. Especially considering the fact that Loa were supposedly guided troll souls through faerie land to the Other Side. So maybe that is why she was annoyed with him - that he made out of her domain a transit zone.

Making Mueh'zala rival of Bwonsamdi would save developers lots of explanations and additional retcons.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not bothered by Mueh'zala's appearance to be honest.

He looks like a troll but with alien qualities
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

My people.
    (Yes we need beards)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im not bothered by Mueh'zala's appearance to be honest.

He looks like a troll but with alien qualities
    Same. But it would be cool if he could shapeshift into other forms when we fight him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    My people.
    (Yes we need beards)

Troll males would look even more handsome with beards

7+ Year Old Account
    Same. But it would be cool if he could shapeshift into other forms when we fight him
    Agreed but that would require a model each time and Blizzard wouldn't like so much effort in a mere dungeon boss

- - - Updated - - -

You know what else we need? A unique model for Rokhan.
    Poor guy is the only core Horde leader without one
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    So I just realized, with all the retconning in De Other Side that's been done it completely invalidates the deal Bwonsamdi made with Rastakhan. Also, where the hell is Rastakhan? Did Mueh'zala eat his soul/send him to the Maw? Does everyone who makes a deal with him get away from Mueh'zala 100%? Has Blizzard finally ruined a character I like? (ok maybe not, but still I'm pretty PO'd)

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, where the hell is Rastakhan?
    The Other Side was a wasted opportunity for players to meet old troll characters again
    Rastakhan, Zul'jin, Sen'jin...

They could've easily fit them each on a boss encounter mechanic

I hate being so pessimistic, but I think they needed a dungeon that had a differing theme and someone said Troll and here we are.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I hate being so pessimistic, but I think they needed a dungeon that had a differing theme and someone said Troll and here we are.
    Well, every Expansion has a 'Troll Dungeon/Raid', right?

- - - Updated - - -

The Other Side was a wasted opportunity for players to meet old troll characters again

That was suggested on a feedback thread for De Other Side. I think I'd be nice to see them again even if it's just during the fight with Mueh'Zala

It really is a tremendously wasted opportunity, I can't believe they shoved those dang gnomes in just so they could reuse the mechagon assets.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    It really is a tremendously wasted opportunity, I can't believe they shoved those dang gnomes in just so they could reuse the mechagon assets.
    Having gnomes making deals with a loa is so random

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaaand... No troll beards so far

5+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaand... No troll beards so far
    Seriously, every troll fan should spam the in game suggestion box requesting beards. :-/

(And green "Revantusk" skins)

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    Seriously, every troll fan should spam the in game suggestion box requesting beards. :-/

(And green "Revantusk" skins)
    And ear types!

3+ Year Old Account
    Having gnomes making deals with a loa is so random
    He did make a deal with us (the Player character). I guess they're just trying to show that race doesn't matter when it comes to deals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And ear types!
    I'd love for my Zandalari to have cute floppy ears :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope this is just the first pass on new additions to Troll customization, else that is very disappointing. Three of the four hairstyles on males are those we were showed at Blizzcon and look like very slight modifications on hair options currently available plus the palmtree hairstyle that has been in the game since WoD, what took so long for these to get added to the Alpha?

Beards? Different ears? I feel like Void Elf has received more impactful of an update so far when they said Allied Races weren't getting updated.
    Last edited by Kufell; 2020-06-25 at 08:22 AM.

I'm annoyed, but not surprised that this appears to be bare minimum. Ears and Beards. Beards and Ears.

7+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope this is just the first pass on new additions to Troll customization, else that is very disappointing.
    Seems that only elves will get in depth customizations

Regarding the new ones Im very... dissapointed on how limited they are

-There's still no beards
    -Let's assume hairstyles are "ok"... why the highlights tho? I seriously hope they are optional because I don't want a random blue streak on my red hair
    -How come humans have dreadlocks but not TROLLS
    -Tusk jewelry should be its own separate option
    -There are no beards
    -There's still no black tattoo option, black being the most common color for a tattoo
    -The blind eye should be applied to either side not just one depending on its color
    -Beards are missing