Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    And now FinalBossTV also accused.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    That's an insane idea. So what happens if someone who is telling the truth accuses someone and has pretty solid evidence but the accused has money, power and influence is able to convince them everything is false? Now you have real victims terrified to ever say anything or fear not only people just outright dismissing their claims but actually be punished themselves.
    We cant use fingerprints. What if someone has the same. Someone innocent could go to jail

We cant use DNA , what if someone has the same

We cant use X because there is a 0,000001% of Y

You want to stop such things in the big margin , or continue like this because one imaginary rich person?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    We cant use fingerprints. What if someone has the same. Someone innocent could go to jail

You want to stop such things in the big margin , or continue like this because one imaginary rich person?
    You don't seem to understand how fingerprints and DNA works... I highly question you having studied medicine.

No, the low percentage here, is people making false reports vs real victims not getting justice via the legal system. Who the hell can blame them for at least bringing it to the attention of the public...? I sure as hell can't, as a relative of a victim getting zero justice.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-26 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I bet Sco is in a fucked position right now, because if he genuinely tries to throw his co-CEO under a bus and say the brand is moving away from him or cutting him loose (against his wishes) - Sascha could just turn around with (no doubt tons of) evidence of Discord/PMs/Emails between them discussing 'how to handle Josh'.

Sco probably wants to cut Sascha loose, but cant, because he's also probably implicated too and risks being exposed if he tries.

So hes in a fucked if you do, fucked if you dont position. (Of his own making that is).
    its probably not going to matter soon. sponsors all leaving. talent distancing themselves as much as possible. blizzard likely to never mention them again. anyone who stays immediately gets a scarlet letter on them. its going to be a ghosttown.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post

Are you fucking stupid? The probability of someone having the same fingerprints is 1 in 64 billion. The chance of having the same DNA is something absurd like 1 in 70 trillion. Magnitudes higher than the population of the planet. This along with the fact that there would also be circumstantial evidence putting the defendant in the place at the time of whatever crime makes DNA and fingerprints pretty much irrefutable evidence.

One imaginary rich person? Alright, I'm just done with you. You're literally the most idiotic fucking person I've ever come across in my entire life and I've taught at a community college before.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You don't seem to understand how fingerprints and DNA works... I highly question you having studied medicine.
    DNA is unique, however DNA tests and comparisons aren't done through the entire DNA sequence but it takes 17 or 19 segments that have the most variance. That does reduce the chance of finding multiple matches of DNA to acceptable level, however, it is still possible that testing for DNA might give a false match.

So it's not wrong, it's just very unlikely.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-06-26 at 02:21 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    DNA is unique, however DNA tests and comparisons aren't done through the entire DNA sequence but it takes 17 or 19 segments that have the most variance. That does remove the chance of finding multiple matches of DNA really low, however, it is still possible that testing for DNA might give a false match.

I've studied it (research) enough to know that "very unlikely" is actually so unlikely that it's closer to zero than not. There's a reason why it's considered the smoking gun in a court of law.

And the fingerprints claim is blatantly false. Not even identical twins share fingerprints and exact DNA.

DNA is unique, however DNA tests and comparisons aren't done through the entire DNA sequence but it takes 17 or 19 segments that have the most variance. That does remove the chance of finding multiple matches of DNA really low, however, it is still possible that testing for DNA might give a false match.

Very unlikely to the point of being nearly impossible. It's hardly even worth considering. Even then, it isn't an uncommon tactic for a good lawyer to take advantage of a jury's lack of knowledge on basic statistics to induce some reasonable doubt about DNA matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    So many more important things in real life like some people having issues with the Covid-19 and a lot of people dying and econamics which affecting the entire world. Here we have some people care about some random fucks in the internet worrying about guild news in video games and pixel world....again why should we care?
    people still claim the virus is a hoax. ignore simple things like wearing a mask in public. the world is fucked.

Very unlikely to the point of being nearly impossible. It's hardly even worth considering. Even then, it isn't an uncommon tactic for a good lawyer to take advantage of a jury's lack of knowledge on basic statistics to induce some reasonable doubt about DNA matches.
    I studied such a case once, and it was amazing since the prosecutor slammed the defense on the topic. A real Freddie Mercury fist-in-the-air-kind of moment, really which didn't only educate the jury, but also discredited the defense team and their basic knowledge of what they're discussing.

Well, keeping real victims afraid of coming forth is sort of what these people want. Nevermind statistics on false accusations vs real ones that never go anywhere and such, this is about protecting the predators!!

There's already punishments for false reports to Police too. People should watch Unbelieavable on Netflix to get a fucking clue.
    And now many people actually get punished for false reports? Having punishments doesn't mean they are being used 100% of the time. IN fact, it rarely happens because it is hard to prove that they intentionally lied and didn't just simply see things a different way.

I've studied it (research) enough to know that "very unlikely" is actually so unlikely that it's closer to zero than not. There's a reason why it's considered the smoking gun in a court of law.

And the fingerprints claim is blatantly false. Not even identical twins share fingerprints and exact DNA.
    Yes, but saying someone hasn't studied medicine because they know that it's a possibility is odd. In fact, I would say someone who actually knows about it knows more about medicine / biology than someone who think there can't be false matches. Fairly sure that most people think DNA is foolproof and doesn't know the entire sequence isn't tested. Someone who would claim there are no possibility for false matches would probably be the common person who isn't well versed into the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people still claim the virus is a hoax. ignore simple things like wearing a mask in public. the world is fucked.
    Asinine. The world will get through this as they have gotten through everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    There is more than enough evidence to infer something happened. This idea that you need to be convicted in court to lose a job is ridiculous.

Method management making no effort to investigate further is enough for them to face consequences as well.
    This is the company that literally kicked Jokerd for ninja looting a staff of dominance.
    Nobody said you ahve to be convicted in court. What we are saying is that one should not be convicted based on the word of one person. That is reckless and irresponsible

Interesting; we are living in a time when video games are quickly turning into viable business enterprises and real career options. So, we are starting to face the need to implement some kind of regulations that make gaming culture and environments closer to a healthy workplace. Soon, we will have more robust tools to demand fair and respectful treatment from our GMs and RLs, akin to what we expect from a boss or manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Davaca View Post
    Interesting; we are living in a time when video games are quickly turning into viable business enterprises and real career options. So, we are starting to face the need to implement some kind of regulations that make gaming culture and environments closer to a healthy workplace. Soon, we will have more robust tools to demand fair and respectful treatment from our GMs and RLs, akin to what we expect from a boss or manager.
    I demand overtimepay when I raid evening and weekends

I wouldn't bet to much on that.
    This is happening to Method because they are a large company across a dozen games.
    Your guild, even if its the server or world #1 wouldn't suffer anywhere remotely as bad from this if a story similar to Josh came out so long as it was 'just a guild'.

For streamers, yes they are discovering they live in the real world where there are real consequences.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

God, please just destroy the entire playing games as a business notion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    God, please just destroy the entire playing games as a business notion.
    Two late for that. We live in a world where Ninja got payed 30 mil for Mixer exclusivety. And now he can go w/e he wants to.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Yes, but saying someone hasn't studied medicine because they know that it's a possibility is odd. In fact, I would say someone who actually knows about it knows more about medicine / biology than someone who think there can't be false matches. Fairly sure that most people think DNA is foolproof and doesn't know the entire sequence isn't tested. Someone who would claim there are no possibility for false matches would probably be the common person who isn't well versed into the specifics.
    This is why multiple tests are done almost always. I don't give a fuck if he studied medicine or not. It was a stupid fucking comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the irony is that 3/4 of accusers would do exackly the same thing if they were in his place
    Do you have anything to support that ridiculous proposition?