Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and Draenei. These two make the most sense lore wise, given their respective histories dealing with the Burning Legion. Their races are more-or-less shaped the way they are now because of the Burning Legion fucking up their lives.

Fel Orcs and Broken make sense... Orcs had clans for almost everything, they followed their traditions and rituals almost blindly not even caring about outcomes, so i could potentially see a fel orc small tribe from outlands who actually followed "illidari traditions" and became demon hunters (and you even have a blinded orc model, though its in a wheelchair).
    On the other hand, draenei people deeply exposed to the twisting nether become broken... they are accepted by the majority of draenei people and potentially the alliance, the explanation about why they used fel could be that they decided to use fel powers to fight the fel (like illidan) back on Argus.

Plus... if there are murlocs demon hunter, there can be anyone... i hardly doubt any illidari bothered training murlocs, so if they learn on their own... anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Zandalari had demoniacs a long time ago, who did the whole "eat demons for power" thing that DHs do. Also they have a skeleton which means they can do backflips without looking silly.
    TIL All other races are just flesh and no bones!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

3+ Year Old Account
    we could easily make Draenei as former Man'ari seeking redemption
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The problem with becoming a DH is that its a really painful process to go through and not everyone lives to see it through. Naturally Elves who were "immortal" or long living lives = 1000's of years can better adjust and consume the fel and use it as their own, but not all survived. The DH's we played were the "elite" that made it through the process. Normal mortal races can't go through that kind of process and would end with them dying which is why we never saw any Fel Orc or Broken demon hunters in BT back in BC. I could see the nightborne / Void elves being able to be demon hunters. Probably won't see this happen though till we see illidan make a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey HS has an orc, naga and sporeling DH
    Where? Cannot find that anywhere.

a human existed in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    HS as in Hearthstone. They are in the new adventure, Sklibb, Karnuk and Shalja.
    oooooh right right. My bad. But even then, those aren't considered canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    While back, someone asked the question if DH will be locked to NE/BE only. Blizzard responded 'if it makes sense, we will introduce more races for DH"

But, I don't know which race would make sense. The only one I had in mind is there broken/naga(coilskar ones)
    I guess everyone one can become a demon-hunter, since we found the instructions in the secret place back in Cataclsym.

thoughts on this?
    Lore has been utterly destroyed. So its no problem.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    Orcs and Draenei. These two make the most sense lore wise, given their respective histories dealing with the Burning Legion. Their races are more-or-less shaped the way they are now because of the Burning Legion fucking up their lives.
    Well... they could actually RP as fel orcs and man'ari respectively. But if would be quite jarring for them to actually be siding with the Alliance/Horde, even more than playable quasi-factions like Illidari and KotEB.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Zandalari and regular trolls.
    Yes.
    Nightborne and void elves.
    No. They weren't trained for that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The draenei were hunted down by demons mercilessly and watched their fellow Eredar descend to corruption into Man'ari. Draenei would make absolutely NO SENSE as demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    All I could picture were Nightborne and Void Elves, though that'd be kinda redundant.
    Because you have never read about demoniacs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    draenei made sense the whole time aöready. There never was a reason why they would not be DHs.
    The reason was that they didn't want to animate three races.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Lore has been utterly destroyed. So its no problem.
    I wish you were wrong but you're not. BfA was the beginning of the end for coherent plot. Shadowlands is absolute garbage with all its stupid retcons and it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Where? Cannot find that anywhere.
    In Ashes of Outland campaign.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The draenei were hunted down by demons mercilessly and watched their fellow Eredar descend to corruption into Man'ari. Draenei would make absolutely NO SENSE as demon hunters.
    you could easily make them different like former Man'ari seeking redemption and reconciliation; just as how the Worgen and "Stormwindian Human" Death Knights were both Lordaeronian
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Draenei/Orc DHs make the most sense and would be well received imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    you could easily make them different like former Man'ari seeking redemption and reconciliation; just as how the Worgen and "Stormwindian Human" Death Knights were both Lordaeronian
    Yeah I really don't see that happening. Sure that one NPC in Legion did it but he was a huge outlier. I just really can't get behind draenei turning to the power of the fel. I can't see new demon hunters happening in general with the Burning Legion defeated.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    While back, someone asked the question if DH will be locked to NE/BE only. Blizzard responded 'if it makes sense, we will introduce more races for DH"

But, I don't know which race would make sense. The only one I had in mind is there broken/naga(coilskar ones)
    I guess everyone one can become a demon-hunter, since we found the instructions in the secret place back in Cataclsym.

thoughts on this?
    Any race can become a demon hunter technically. They just have to be trained, blind themselves, absord the demon soul and all that jazz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    orcs, and dreanei (Velen would probably have a aneurysm after seeing one) maybe tauren or human because humans are wow's version of a swiss army knife.

Both trolls and dwarves have more class options than humans though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

3+ Year Old Account
    another question to add, given that the Legion is undone now - will there still be some sort of a Legion vision needed at the ritual?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Both trolls and dwarves have more class options than humans though.
    if you unionize Kul Tiran and Stormwindian it should be equal