Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Who is the Jailer, Really?

The Shadowlands is a Nexus of gateways. It is a tunnel of venturing from the land of the living and the dead and is the domain of the Jailer, prior from his accusation. Once the Jailer become unchained he would claim his throne and overthrow the seat usurped. A nexus for the traveling souls travelling across the great dark beyond back into the the world of the living.

Who the Jailer? He is no other than Argus, the Unmaker trapped in his own realm of death.

Argus as the planet, Zovaal the member of the dark pantheon.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-06-28 at 07:49 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    The Shadowlands is a Nexus of gateways. It is a tunnel of venturing from the land of the living and the dead and is the domain of the Jailer, prior from his accusation. Once the Jailer become unchained he would claim his throne and overthrow the seat usurped. A nexus for the traveling souls travelling across the great dark beyond back into the the world of the living.

Who the Jailer? He is no other than Argus, the Unmaker trapped in his own realm of death.
    Jailer seems to be way older than our clash with the Burning Legion, and there were others before him - the Maw was something else at some point.

10+ Year Old Account

Would make no sense, plus they confirmed the jailer was an entirely new character.

the shadowlands stopped "working" shortly after ysera's death. Argus didn't die until much longer after.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Would make no sense, plus they confirmed the jailer was an entirely new character.

the shadowlands stopped "working" shortly after ysera's death. Argus didn't die until much longer after.
    Argus was the planet's name Zovaal a new character is his Titan's name.

He knows only torment. What lies beneath behind Argus' mask is yet to be removed and reveal the true face, the Titan of death freed from Sargeras' influence.

Argus was the planet's name Zovaal a new character is his Titan's name.

He knows only torment. What lies beneath behind Argus' mask is yet to be removed and reveal the true face, the Titan of death freed from Sargeras' influence.
    Zovaal noticed Sylvanas when she threw herself off Icecrown shortly after Arthas died. Argus wasn't killed until years later. Your timeline makes no sense.

A Hollow Vasto Lorde Arankar

jailer is the jailer, why is that so hard to grasp?

Arthas

/10char
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account

Argus was a titan and titans are not chaotic beings, had he been born under natural circumstances he would've not been a death titan. Also we used his soul up to ensnare Sargeras. he is not Zovaal Argus has jackshit to do with Azeroth's linked realms of the shadowlands as far as we know.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2020-06-28 at 08:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Zovaal noticed Sylvanas when she threw herself off Icecrown shortly after Arthas died. Argus wasn't killed until years later. Your timeline makes no sense.
    Not unless a titan of death could commune within his own domain and reaches of his own power which is death itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless a titan of death could commune within his own domain and reaches of his own power which is death itself.
    His powers was never death, He was fel corrupted to bring death. Titans are beings of order.

Something like this, I figure.

10+ Year Old Account

No, he isn't. The Jailer was confirmed months ago by Blizzard to be an all-new character that we have not encountered before.

So you're 100% wrong on this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It doesn't matter who he is because Blizzard doesn't know how to write coherent lore anymore. They're retconning lore that was established in BfA for Shadowlands amongst other shit they're retconning. So I wouldn't put it past blizzard to say Zovaal is a fucking Void Lord or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Argus was something like this:

He was something pure that got corrupted.
    Oh look at the little pre- *uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh* *seizures and foams at the mouth*

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like the WoW content creator on YouTube named 'Pyromancer' who is absolutely convinced Argus is keenly involved with the Shadowlands and may or may not be the Jailer (or the Jailer is an extension of Argus) so I have to ask: is this Pyromancer's account on MMO-C?

All of your past threads seem to indicate a very... "vivid" imagination.

It was me! DIO.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    It was me! DIO.
    i love you

My guess, he is some kind of proto-titan.
    But there is literally no way to know or even remotely senisblly speculate about this stuff anymore, since Blizzard will just flat out lie to us or retcon things later. In this case the whole beginning of time and older than the titans tidbit that they told us last Blizzconn. For all we know he is Ammanthul's father and twin at the same time or some random shit like that. The arbiter being artificial and the maw being a ruin kind of hints at there being a battle that destroyed the realm that was previously the maw, probably the one that caused the jailer to be jailed and likely have his ball(s) orb taken. That in turn hints at an ancient civilisation that crafted the arbiter, clearly not the current clown posse that thinks she is divine and worship her.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

He's the Guardian.

I mean, I can't see a difference.