Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    I like to think of him as some kind of Titan like being, and that he's been around for soo long no one really knows where he came from.

Blizzard did say he's supposed to be an entirely new character though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My guess, he is some kind of proto-titan.
    But there is literally no way to know or even remotely senisblly speculate about this stuff anymore, since Blizzard will just flat out lie to us or retcon things later. In this case the whole beginning of time and older than the titans tidbit that they told us last Blizzconn. For all we know he is Ammanthul's father and twin at the same time or some random shit like that. The arbiter being artificial and the maw being a ruin kind of hints at there being a battle that destroyed the realm that was previously the maw, probably the one that caused the jailer to be jailed and likely have his ball(s) orb taken. That in turn hints at an ancient civilisation that crafted the arbiter, clearly not the current clown posse that thinks she is divine and worship her.
    I like this theory too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    When you look at his appearance, he seems to be also similar in appearance to a dreadlord before becoming demonic. Maybe there is an evolution here.

1. Dreadlords as we know them are the final form.
    2 The intermediate stage is what Denathrius, Lord of Dread, looks like.
    3. The *original* look of the species is what the Jailer, Lord of Death, looks like.

That just means that the Jailer is extremely ancient, then eons pass and Denathrius enters the Shadowlands, then many more eons pass and you reach today with the dreadlords.
    This would be cool, and if you look at his skull, he is vampireish.

Clearly he and the Arbiter have history.

What if... this is crazy but: What if the Jailer and the Arbiter were lovers, and their children are the Titans? His humanly form, her tech-alien look, started making baby world souls.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    This would be cool, and if you look at his skull, he is vampireish.

Clearly he and the Arbiter have history.

What if... this is crazy but: What if the Jailer and the Arbiter were lovers, and their children are the Titans? His humanly form, her tech-alien look, started making baby world souls.
    My guess is he decided at one point he wanted out of this endless process and was imprisoned for it possibly with the help of the titans. Maybe he found the maw and planned to use it and she somehow forged our Pantheon to imprison him and stop his plans. It would make sense since they all seem to be able to harness their own private part of the Shadowlands.

The jailer is a titan that was either formed in the shadowlands or is the dreadlords Titan which could explain how they learned to travel to and from the shadowlands, sire denathrius looking like a Nathrezim and working with him, etc..

The OP is a well-known troll here whos been banned from these forums before for continuously posting terrible, low quality threads. Best thing to do is ignore the threads.

The Jailer, as Blizzard has gone on record to say already, is a completely new character.

Take your meds Pyro

Don't you have another dollhouse to beg for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Argus was the planet's name Zovaal a new character is his Titan's name.

He knows only torment. What lies beneath behind Argus' mask is yet to be removed and reveal the true face, the Titan of death freed from Sargeras' influence.
    Except the penultimate Legion cinematic literally has Sargeras refer to the Argus worldsoul by name when he says "Rise Argus. Rise, my broken world." Argus was twisted and tortured into the state he was in when we fought him. He was not inherently malevolent as Zovaal has been framed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the Nathrezim supposedly had stolen necromantic knowledge that contributed to the creation of Frostmourne, the Helm of Domination, and the Lich King, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that they used the same knowledge to twist the Argus worldsoul into a faux "Jailer" for the Twisting Nether to supercharge the reincarnation cycle of the Burning Legion's demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Either a titan or titan construct, since he looks like a human. Unless this is nog his true form and an illusion otherwise he should have a titan connection.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-06-29 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Either a titan or titan construct, since he looks like a human. Unless this is nog his true form and an illusion otherwise he should have a titan connection.
    Looks human != Titan connection.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Looks human != Titan connection.
    Well did the titans not create the dwarves, Gnomes and humans in there image? Would be wierd if the jailor took the human look far before any of these races would be created.

The Jailer's name is Zovaal and he's been a part of the Maw and the Shadowlands forever, where is the speculation that he is somehow Argus, who only recently died, even coming from? Dude has a name, there's locations in the Maw like Zovaal's Cauldron that are named after him.

Titans, being Order-based beings, should theoretically return to the plane Aluneth got pulled from.

looks sick cant wait for release

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    True life and death is orderly but not in the way Argus was born in.

- - - Updated - - -

The jailer existed before the dragons climbed out of whatever primordial muck that formed them
    Time works differently in <insert realm name> yada yada

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Well did the titans not create the dwarves, Gnomes and humans in there image? Would be wierd if the jailor took the human look far before any of these races would be created.
    Humans aren't even the original Titan design anymore, and Dwarves and Gnomes also look a good bit different from the original design.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How do those two look at all the same?
    They're bald muscular guys that don't wear a lot, i suppose.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What is more orderly than death?
    Looks like a veritable Warcraft version of Malthael
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It doesn't matter who he is because Blizzard doesn't know how to write coherent lore anymore. They're retconning lore that was established in BfA for Shadowlands amongst other shit they're retconning. So I wouldn't put it past blizzard to say Zovaal is a fucking Void Lord or some shit.
    lmao so true.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    lmao so true.
    This would be the line uttered by those who don't give a f* but to others I believe they are curious or would demand to know who really is it.

I'm going to guess he's a Titan. Maybe one of the first Titans alongside Aman'thul and Sargeras. I assume he was either appointed to be the Jailer by Aman'thul or was killed by his fellow Titans early on for some cosmic crime, trapping him in the Maw.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

I'll be honest from the little we know he seems a bit generic but i'm sure they will flesh out his character more. Hopefully we'll find out his real name. Not really a fan of "jailer" who seems more of a prisoner than a jailer.