Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    This sale now really forces me to go through all the bundles I bought when I was bored during the Corona lockdown and hand in the keys, to avoid buying stuff I already have. First World Problems.

[e] Some leftover keys. Please drop me a PM if you're interested in any of these (also multiple ones). Some are from older bundles, and I think I've offered them already here with noone interested, but maybe someone's now.
    Most generous, and good thing you didn't drop the keys randomly or they'd be gone in seconds ^_^
    Will drop you a PM for 1-2.
    Suspect most people here already have most of these from the same bundles, heheh.

Bytheway, if anyone wants to add/friend for doing some card trades at any point, let me know - im trying to craft some badges, but there's like no proper way to cross-set trade through any kind of api or website it seems,.
    If you got plenty of cards, toss me an add
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/tstki/

Also, looks like this new point shop is here to stay, forever -permanently and all year around !
    Last edited by bbr; 2020-06-27 at 05:43 PM.

Considering Megaquarium, Little Big Workshop and Planetbase in the Steam sale

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Considering Megaquarium, Little Big Workshop and Planetbase in the Steam sale
    I'll vouch for Megaquarium if you like those sorts of games. Only about two hours played since I purchased it, but I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find this a great sale and i picked up several games, despite my huge backlog. Because i am weak

Titanfall 2
    GTA5 (have it on PS3 but i like pretty graphics)
    Sherlock holmes, crimes and punishment
    We happy few
    Metal gear rising: revengeance

I am also in doubt of picking up doom eternal, but i am only running an I5 2500K with a 1060GTX so...
    TW Warhammer 2 also looks like a good pick up or maybe i should get 1 first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I personally find this a great sale and i picked up several games, despite my huge backlog. Because i am weak

Titanfall 2
    GTA5 (have it on PS3 but i like pretty graphics)
    Sherlock holmes, crimes and punishment
    We happy few
    Metal gear rising: revengeance

I am also in doubt of picking up doom eternal, but i am only running an I5 2500K with a 1060GTX so...
    I picked up Titanfall 2 and it just refused to launch for me. Like, at all. Got stuck on the first-time setup and after a while stopped that and then just wouldn't start at all. Nothing happened when I pressed play on Steam or tried the .exe. Seems like I'm alone in that problem though, can't find anyone else with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I picked up Titanfall 2 and it just refused to launch for me. Like, at all. Got stuck on the first-time setup and after a while stopped that and then just wouldn't start at all. Nothing happened when I pressed play on Steam or tried the .exe. Seems like I'm alone in that problem though, can't find anyone else with it.
    Haven't installed it yet so can't help you there, tried repairing it yet?

Get both parts, reasons is they combine into a mega campaing if you have both games. That map lets you play as any race from 1st and 2nd game on one giant map. - Mortal Empires.

Warhammer 2 campaing may not be your cup of tea, because it has specific mechanics unique to that campaing. Google Vortex campaign to know more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Get both parts, reasons is they combine into a mega campaing if you have both games. That map lets you play as any race from 1st and 2nd game on one giant map. - Mortal Empires.

Warhammer 2 campaing may not be your cup of tea, because it has specific mechanics unique to that campaing. Google Vortex campaign to know more.
    Ah okay thanks, well looking at the 2 campaign it is more story driven so that doesn't bother me at all.

Do wonder what dlc's are worth picking up as buying everything can be rather costly.

Ah okay thanks, well looking at the 2 campaign it is more story driven so that doesn't bother me at all.

Do wonder what dlc's are worth picking up as buying everything can be rather costly.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...for_total_war/

https://www.strategygamer.com/articl...rhammer-2-dlc/

It mostly depends of what race or faction you want to play.

There are completly new races (wh1 - Norsca, Beastmen, Wood Elves, Chaos Warriors / wh2 - Tombs Kings, Vampire Coasts) as well as legendary lord packs for existing races.

The legendary lord packs also features Regiments of Renown for those factions (RoR are elite variants of units, generally better than non elite but you can only have one each) which is something to consider. If so, the first dlc released for x race contains MOST of RoR (further legendary lords pack contains 3 new ror because it also brings 3 new units for each factions). Here is a list for unlocking most of the RoR (each also brings new units for the two factions and one legendary lord for each faction):

Warhammer 1
    - The King and the Warlord (dwarves and greenskins).
    - The Grim and the Grave (empire and vampire counts).

Warhammer 2
    - The Queen and the Crone (high elves and dark elves).
    - The Prophet and the Warlock (lizardmen and skaven).

As for my opinion i suggest playing first, if you like the gameplay then buy the legendary lord packs for race you like to play (While the race mechanics dont change the legendary lords start at different position and most have some special mechanics included). For example the Eshin from Shadow and the Blade dlc is a stealthy rat faction which has expensive recruiting off non stealth rat units while buffing stealthy rat units so it guide for different playstyle, because economy in early game would not sustain the non stealthy rat army.

The Race dlc give 2-4 Legendary Lords and whole new race to play, with unique mechanics, units, etc.

What to avoid - Wood Elves, Chaos Warriors and Beastmen - those are basically the first race packs and it shows. Wait for rework (greenskins were in similar position not so long ago).

Also, watch (it is long video but really go into details and specifics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_iXKhoujA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Do the Summer Sale games change or is this the selection for the whole duration? I can't for the life of me remember
    They dont change now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't installed it yet so can't help you there, tried repairing it yet?
    Tried repairing, tried a full reinstall, nothing worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Do the Summer Sale games change or is this the selection for the whole duration? I can't for the life of me remember
    No more flash sales these deals last till the end. Some hate it some prefer it, it makes it less hunting for deals but also means it is harder to miss something and you are less pressured into buying something because it's on a clock.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried repairing, tried a full reinstall, nothing worked.
    Hope you figure out what's wrong the campaign is suppose to be good for a shooter.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...for_total_war/

https://www.strategygamer.com/articl...rhammer-2-dlc/

It mostly depends of what race or faction you want to play.

There are completly new races (wh1 - Norsca, Beastmen, Wood Elves, Chaos Warriors / wh2 - Tombs Kings, Vampire Coasts) as well as legendary lord packs for existing races.

The legendary lord packs also features Regiments of Renown for those factions (RoR are elite variants of units, generally better than non elite but you can only have one each) which is something to consider. If so, the first dlc released for x race contains MOST of RoR (further legendary lords pack contains 3 new ror because it also brings 3 new units for each factions). Here is a list for unlocking most of the RoR (each also brings new units for the two factions and one legendary lord for each faction):

Warhammer 1
    - The King and the Warlord (dwarves and greenskins).
    - The Grim and the Grave (empire and vampire counts).

Warhammer 2
    - The Queen and the Crone (high elves and dark elves).
    - The Prophet and the Warlock (lizardmen and skaven).

As for my opinion i suggest playing first, if you like the gameplay then buy the legendary lord packs for race you like to play (While the race mechanics dont change the legendary lords start at different position and most have some special mechanics included). For example the Eshin from Shadow and the Blade dlc is a stealthy rat faction which has expensive recruiting off non stealth rat units while buffing stealthy rat units so it guide for different playstyle, because economy in early game would not sustain the non stealthy rat army.

The Race dlc give 2-4 Legendary Lords and whole new race to play, with unique mechanics, units, etc.

What to avoid - Wood Elves, Chaos Warriors and Beastmen - those are basically the first race packs and it shows. Wait for rework (greenskins were in similar position not so long ago).

Also, watch (it is long video but really go into details and specifics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_iXKhoujA

- - - Updated - - -

They dont change now.
    Thanks for the information will look into all of that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope you figure out what's wrong the campaign is suppose to be good for a shooter.
    I gave up after an hour of trying and refunded it. Shame, was actually looking forward to the campaign.

I gave up after an hour of trying and refunded it. Shame, was actually looking forward to the campaign.
    That sucks, ti was a really good game. Played it through orgin access.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...trategy-bundle

Gemcraft chasing shadows in a fanatical bundle - good game, very cheap. HOURS of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...trategy-bundle

Gemcraft chasing shadows in a fanatical bundle - good game, very cheap. HOURS of fun.
    Echoing this, Absolute gem of a Classic Tower Defense game. Literally one of the best still out there, too bad they never made a second one...

As I wrote this, I actually looked it up. There is a new one; can't endorse that yet but if it's anything like Chasing Shadows, incredible news.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Echoing this, Absolute gem of a Classic Tower Defense game. Literally one of the best still out there, too bad they never made a second one...

As I wrote this, I actually looked it up. There is a new one; can't endorse that yet but if it's anything like Chasing Shadows, incredible news.
    They made about 4-5 in total. the most recent one came out this year.
    It used to be flash games only - the last 2 are on steam.

chasing shadows is great,
    and frostborne wraith is still in need of some updates/fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided on the total Warhammer purchase.

Going to pick up only the first instalment and all its DLC's minus the beastmen and Chaos warriors looking how poorly received they were. My pc is over 4 years old with the exception of the graphic card, so i doubt i will be able to run the second instalment in all its glory anyway. Still puts me at 42 euros almost for just the oldest game and its addons.

Read somewhere that they intend to also bring things over from the first and second game over into a third one whenever that comes? Is there any truth to this or is that just wishful thinking of fans?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Fun facts.
    Both MOBAs and Tower Defense genres originated from the map editor of a single game. Warcraft 3.

Decided on the total Warhammer purchase.

Going to pick up only the first instalment and all its DLC's minus the beastmen and Chaos warriors looking how poorly received they were. My pc is over 4 years old with the exception of the graphic card, so i doubt i will be able to run the second instalment in all its glory anyway. Still puts me at 42 euros almost for just the oldest game and its addons.

Read somewhere that they intend to also bring things over from the first and second game over into a third one whenever that comes? Is there any truth to this or is that just wishful thinking of fans?
    There will propably be a another grand campaing map when you own all 3 games - but i would STRONGLY suggest to buy first and second game before any DLC because the Mortal Empires in wh 2 (grand campaign) is in every way, shape and form better than warhammer 1, it is just a upgrade. You can also play all the races from the first game and have all second game races. But you need to have both games.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will propably be a another grand campaing map when you own all 3 games - but i would STRONGLY suggest to buy first and second game before any DLC because the Mortal Empires in wh 2 (grand campaign) is in every way, shape and form better than warhammer 1, it is just a upgrade. You can also play all the races from the first game and have all second game races. But you need to have both games.
    Hmm okay considering dropping wood elves and getting the second game instead.