Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean if you want to pretend he's a droid and just deleted the part of his mind that was effected by toxic fans so you can pretend starwar's doesn't have a toxicity problem you do that i guess. the reality of the situation is that this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum these things compound and lead into each other.
    I'm not saying that the fans had nothing to do with it. I'm saying you claiming thats the sole reason isn't supported by the facts. Had the other article used my quote instead of the ones they did clearly you would say that media in the tweets context actually ment media.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm not saying that the fans had nothing to do with it. I'm saying you claiming thats the sole reason isn't supported by the facts. Had the other article used my quote instead of the ones they did clearly you would say that media in the tweets context actually ment media.
    then it sure is a good thing i didn't say it was the sole reason why and clearly said the media also played a part and that these things compound and lead into each other.

and yes if best had never come out and said that fan toxicity was one of the things that negatively effected him I would have never had said it was related, funny out if you comply change reality that it isn't the same.

then it sure is a good thing i didn't say it was the sole reason why and clearly said the media also played a part and that these things compound and lead into each other.

and yes if best had never come out and said that fan toxicity was one of the things that negatively effected him I would have never had said it was related, funny out if you comply change reality that it isn't the same.
    No its the article that makes you believe it was the fans when his tweet says the media and not internet bullies or what ever. And I'm not saying change reality I'm saying if the suicide article had used a different quote (one thats equally if not more valid) than the ones they did you wouldn't assume that media ment fans, you would assume it ment exactly what he typed out. Show me one article where he himself says it was the fans that caused him to contemplate suicide.

7+ Year Old Account
    No its the article that makes you believe it was the fans when his tweet says the media and not internet bullies or what ever. And I'm not saying change reality I'm saying if the suicide article had used a different quote (one thats equally if not more valid) than the ones they did you wouldn't assume that media ment fans, you would assume it ment exactly what he typed out. Show me one article where he himself says it was the fans that caused him to contemplate suicide.
    check the dates. he came out about fan toxicity and how it effected him a year before he ever mentioned contemplating suicide. I didn't even read the second article you linked as I already knew about the first one and just went into it to grab the quote i already knew existed.

When his tweet came out it wasn't hard to put two and two together and to quote my self.

I mean if you want to pretend he's a droid and just deleted the part of his mind that was effected by toxic fans so you can pretend starwar's doesn't have a toxicity problem you do that i guess. the reality of the situation is that this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum these things compound and lead into each other.

Seems like its a case of if the media bullies an actor to suicide, the fans are toxic because the media agrees with me about 2 very bad movies.

check the dates. he came out about fan toxicity and how it effected him a year before he ever mentioned contemplating suicide. I didn't even read the second article you linked as I already knew about the first one and just went into it to grab the quote i already knew existed.

When his tweet came out it wasn't hard to put two and two together and to quote my self.
    This is my last post on the matter. Just got an infraction for apparently trolling and don't want another because of a continued convo.

In the original article he also mentions the media and yet you focus on the fan thing. And how did you find out about his thought of suicide if you didn't read the second article mentioning it?? Cause if you saw it from the tweet clearly you would have thought media ment media instead of him hiding the true source which would seem silly since he has been open and honest about everything previously. Every actor has to deal with bad fans and at the time they didn't really have any power to destroy your career like the do now. The media sure had the power to though. What makes more sense? A guy wants to kill himself because someone said he ruined their childhood or because of the media a guy loses pretty much all future job opportunities and thinking his life is over contemplates suicide. He even mentions how it wasn't till he started doing his own thing that his life turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I highly doubt we would ever see a retcon, no AAA studio is going to admit they were wrong. Hamil would definitely play Luke again though I think, if he could do what he wanted with the character.

But it won't happen, Star Wars is over - sooner we accept that the better
    You say that but even the worst of the worst of Star Wars earns ludicrous amounts of money

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Star Wars is dead folks. It's been dead for eight years, and it's never coming back. Everything after 2012 is high budget shitty fan fiction. You need to let it go and move on with your life. It's important to look at things that aren't Star Wars. Read books, manga, and watch anime. Books are so cheap and easy to make that there are great reads out there in the sheer amount of books there are, more than you can possibly read. Movies cost so much money to make that by the time they reach the theaters, they've been stripped of all originality in order to play it safe and make their money back. A lot of books take ten hours to read. Five bad movies make you angry. One good book makes you happy.

There are hundreds and hundreds of amazing space opera fiction to read. Read the Combat Frame XSeeD or the Honor Harrington series. Read Dune. Read manga and anime. There are hundreds of space opera anime and mangas. Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes (watch My Conquest is the Sea of Stars, then Overture to the New War, and then watch the 110 episode series) and Gundam. Here, I will even give you a guide to help get you started. I personally recommend either starting with the original show (if you can stand the old animation), Gundam Wing, or Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans).

Here is a fanart to get you enticed to try out the epic, the AMAZING Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans! Hell the very title of the show says that you are in for a wild ride! Watch it subbed or dubbed!
    THe EU books are still out there for sale, whether they are "canon" or not. I still view them as star wars canon, no matter what Disney says. Some of my favorite books are EU Star Wars books. I also read a bunch of other stuff. I View Disneys "product" as the fan fiction, while everything before that as the real Star Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is my last post on the matter. Just got an infraction for apparently trolling and don't want another because of a continued convo.

In the original article he also mentions the media and yet you focus on the fan thing. And how did you find out about his thought of suicide if you didn't read the second article mentioning it?? Cause if you saw it from the tweet clearly you would have thought media ment media instead of him hiding the true source which would seem silly since he has been open and honest about everything previously. Every actor has to deal with bad fans and at the time they didn't really have any power to destroy your career like the do now. The media sure had the power to though. What makes more sense? A guy wants to kill himself because someone said he ruined their childhood or because of the media a guy loses pretty much all future job opportunities and thinking his life is over contemplates suicide. He even mentions how it wasn't till he started doing his own thing that his life turned around.
    again check the dates. the wired interview came out before his tweet and connecting the two isn't hard. he also doesn't need to hide any true source as again these don't work in a vaccum you don't just section parts of your brain off and delete the effects of one thing and then start over with a new problem they all compound on each other. this works for media and the fans as well fans hate on something the media picks up on that and spreads the hate wider fan/media back last was one of the reasons jar jar's role was minimized after the phantom menace.

your trying to minimize it down to one thing or the other when in reality the world and people don't work that way.

Why would anyone trust the people who willfully released Rise of Skywalker to try again?
    People need to stop rewarding Disney for buying and ruining all the franchises.

I dont understand why you'd even want it retconned at this point. If it was retconned, we're still never seeing Leia nor likely Han Solo again (at least not played by the original actors and good fucking luck getting people to be ok with that). I guess the point I'd have is that the only thing you get by saying it's retconned is giving the extremely toxic fans of this franchise a moment to say "ha, gottem" and then move on making a completely new movies or TV shows that have nothing to do with the original trilogies characters (which is seemingly the plan now anyways).

They were what they were. Some people liked them, some people didn't, some people hated them so much that they bullied an actor off twitter. It's time to move on.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2020-07-04 at 02:02 AM.

Ugh. This again. No, Disney isn't going to make them not canon, nor should they. The sequel trilogy was fine. It wasn't the best, it wasn't the worst (Episode 2 was the worst, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise). The problem with the movies was that they decided to hire three people to write and direct what was meant to be one cohesive trilogy. Sure, the third guy got fired, and they brought back the first guy in the end. Damage was done at that point. Individually they were fine. Honestly, I vehemently hated most of what the fans say "should" have happened in the sequels. So at least one person is really glad they didn't listen to internet folk, because those would have been some garbage movies.

They already said what the next phase of all this is going to be. Already laying the groundwork with a novel too. It's High Republic, totally different era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Ugh. This again. No, Disney isn't going to make them not canon, nor should they. The sequel trilogy was fine. It wasn't the best, it wasn't the worst (Episode 2 was the worst, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise). The problem with the movies was that they decided to hire three people to write and direct what was meant to be one cohesive trilogy. Sure, the third guy got fired, and they brought back the first guy in the end. Damage was done at that point. Individually they were fine. Honestly, I vehemently hated most of what the fans say "should" have happened in the sequels. So at least one person is really glad they didn't listen to internet folk, because those would have been some garbage movies.

They already said what the next phase of all this is going to be. Already laying the groundwork with a novel too. It's High Republic, totally different era.
    Was a lot of stuff silly, in the ST? Sure.

Was it as fucking terrible as "I'm a die because I'm like super sad and literally no other reason other than my kids need to be orphans and the writers are lazy as fuck"? No? Then I don't really see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Was a lot of stuff silly, in the ST? Sure.

Was it as fucking terrible as "I'm a die because I'm like super sad and literally no other reason other than my kids need to be orphans and the writers are lazy as fuck"? No? Then I don't really see the problem.
    No. We just got "I survived the explosion of a moon sized space station because force lol. Also, I'm telling everyone about my secret plan so they can stop me instead of me winning because of the retarded amount of star destroyers I'm sitting on."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Could we please get a revamped version of Shadows of the Empire? Something that canonically makes sense between ESB and RotJ but without the mid-90's awkwardness?

I'd much rather have the Shadows explanation of how Leia gets her costume rather than the post-new trilogy Maz Kanada explanation.
    Somewhere I still have the Shadows of the Empire novel. Haven't read it in a good long time. It definitely had some marks missed but was a solid story otherwise.

I don’t see it happening. It’s a slap in the face to everyone that worked on the other 3 and they all made an insane amount of money. Not saying they didn’t suck (they did) and ruin Star Wars for me and many others (they did), but there was also a lot that was great (music, cgi, production, etc).

This sounds like fan fiction. I can’t in a million years see them redoing 3 movies and pretending the other 3 that just came out don’t exist in the universe. They’ll just focus on the greater universe now. Sky walker saga is done for better or worse.

It's actually really easy to ignore all the time and hard work spent on telling the post-OT storyline.

They already did it once already when they pushed all the New Jedi Order lore into 'Legends', they could easily do the same with the latest trilogy. I don't think anyone will lose sleep over that.

If the rumor is true I think you don't get a squeal to the original trilogy that is connected to it. I also don't think it makes a ton of sense to just throw it away. Just move on. That is all they have to do (I won't cry if they do though). I won't sit here and say these movies were good or bad. At this point it doesn't matter. Fairly obvious they were divisive as hell and that isn't great for a franchise to deal with. But they should just move on. For the next trilogy just have a plan that gives a road map of the whole thing. Don't let each director just do their own thing and toss and keep what they want for each movie. Like 2/3rds the problems the squeal trilogy would have disappeared really quick if they just did that. I doubt they make this mistake again.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2020-07-04 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinSum View Post
    No. We just got "I survived the explosion of a moon sized space station because force lol.
    I mean, the nature of cloning was well set in canon decades prior to the OT, in the timeline.

And the idea of a Dark Side Force wielder possessing others is similarly not something RoS came up with.

It really just combined the two; Palpatine's soul possessing a chain of hosts, and, in absence of a prepared victim, a clone backup.

You're free to think all that's silly, but it wasn't invented for RoS. Hell, exactly that kind of possession was a major component of SWTOR's big expansions; Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. That may technically be Legends material, but it's still an officially sanctioned example.

Also, I'm telling everyone about my secret plan so they can stop me instead of me winning because of the retarded amount of star destroyers I'm sitting on."
    If the fleet had gotten off the planet, he'd have won. Those were the stakes that were set. It only fell apart because Rey was already there, and had already sent for help, meaning their remaining allies has a jump start well before Palpatine's declaration to form a fleet, and they had the mapping protocols to get to Exegol successfully. Neither of which Palpatine had any real reason to know.

So his hubris brought him down, again. Happened in RotJ, too, y'know.

If those star destroyers had reached orbital space, it would have been over. That's the trick; they didn't. Palpatine made his play, not realizing he was a step behind and about to lose. That's a mistake, sure, but it's not a plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, the nature of cloning was well set in canon decades prior to the OT, in the timeline.

And the idea of a Dark Side Force wielder possessing others is similarly not something RoS came up with.

It really just combined the two; Palpatine's soul possessing a chain of hosts, and, in absence of a prepared victim, a clone backup.

You're free to think all that's silly, but it wasn't invented for RoS. Hell, exactly that kind of possession was a major component of SWTOR's big expansions; Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. That may technically be Legends material, but it's still an officially sanctioned example.

If the fleet had gotten off the planet, he'd have won. Those were the stakes that were set. It only fell apart because Rey was already there, and had already sent for help, meaning their remaining allies has a jump start well before Palpatine's declaration to form a fleet, and they had the mapping protocols to get to Exegol successfully. Neither of which Palpatine had any real reason to know.

So his hubris brought him down, again. Happened in RotJ, too, y'know.

If those star destroyers had reached orbital space, it would have been over. That's the trick; they didn't. Palpatine made his play, not realizing he was a step behind and about to lose. That's a mistake, sure, but it's not a plot hole.
    It's beyond silly. Especially since that now means there is an infinite amount of Palpatine clones and he can never be defeated. And if you disagree that he's still alive, then you're as ridiculous as me and everyone else for thinking he died.

Also. Cloning or the force. Pick one. If it's a clone, why the fuck is it burned to hell instead of being fresh? If it's just him, the cloning line was a fucking waste and serves to make killing Snoke hilarious since he's mass produceable.

And there's a level of contrivance. And then there's "I know I could kill Kylo and Rey right now, but I need to change clothes and do what didn't kill me to Kylo".

And "Man, it's sure lucky only Rey and Kylo actually needed the Wayfinder until everyone needed to show up. Then the crazy shifting red cloud stays still enough to leave a static trail."

And "Boy, it's a good thing none of those star destroyers released even a fraction of the tie fighters they had to instantly win."

And "It used to take a space station or a planet sized object to have the power to destroy a planet. Now, it's just a gun."

And "Hey, we got light speed tracking and a super force user who can literally grab objects off of you across the galaxy. How are we losing these idiots or allowing them to run?"

And "I came to this island to die. No wait. I was looking for Palpatine and never told anyone and also almost burned the notes that the 3rd movie can't start without."

And "I was controlling Snoke this whole time. That's why I wanted him to kill you when I need to use you as a host body."

Also "It's a good think Luke and Lando didn't check the ship. They would have found D-0, the container of all the answers you need. Also, no one steals from ships in Star Wars. That thing went untouched for years."

Also, "We should really get in there and help those kids." "Nah. Let's let them sweat a little longer and then we'll help Rey. It's not like we're entities with free will or something."

Also, "Don't spin the ship. We are not a fascist army that would gladly suicide the crew to ensure victory. Let the horses continue."

Man, it's so weird how many of these pile up only in the ST.

But, you can stop being a toxic man baby and complaining about Star Wars, btw.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-07-05 at 12:06 AM.