Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New classes are interesting and fun. Fundamentally we already have enough classes to play with. Classes and specs just need to be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Good designs are boring. Nothing is better than an addition from time to time.

The only reason why there is no new players is that WoW has too many old players. Below level 120 you can only see players that have 100 heirlooms that don't care to talk with you as they believe you are alting too. If you want to raid, everyone expects you to have 10+ years of experience as a tank. There is no place for new players because the community doesn't allow them to enter.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing to fix.
    I stopped at "good designs are boring"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bro... have you seen demon hunters? They had to take so many mechanics from other classes and still came out with 2/3rds of a class which plays like a monk. They don't have the creativity to make a new class.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-07-03 at 11:05 PM.

If the world is still around in the year 2022/23, I'm sure we will find some way to end the world by then

I agree. Unironically prioritizing balance has taken more fun out of the game than provided it. At least new classes (and races!) would improve replayabilty and RP-ability.

I also think giving players more freedom would be a good idea. Remove class-race restrictions, allow us to change factions, give us necromancers, draenei warlocks (and the red skin!), allow us to defect/collaborate with more NPC factions (I loved becoming a bloodsail bucaneer) etc. fighting big bads all the time got really old IMO
    Last edited by guisadop; 2020-07-03 at 11:12 PM.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    If the expansion after shadowlands is dragon isles related, then it should be dragoon or dragon knight.

mail wearing class with melee, ranged, and healing specs. uses spears primarily.
    Hmm dragoon is pretty cool but if we are gonna start ripping off FFXIV i rather have Machinist or Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    I agree. Unironically prioritizing balance has taken more fun out of the game than provided it. At least new classes (and races!) would improve replayabilty and RP-ability.
    I agree. HotS developers boast how ignoring the balance during hero designs allowed them to have an interesting and diverse hero pool.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I dont really see mass appeal for any new class. Demon hunters and death knights are the iconic WCIII classes that were super popular, thanks to Arthas and Illidan, and missing from the base game. Of course they were a major selling point.
    Everything I've seen suggested sounds more like a niche "thats nice" class like monks have been. So I dont really see a new class being a major selling point for the next expansion again. Unless they can think of something we havent thought of yet.

So giving the existing classes something awesome to play with (something like artifacts or new subclasses or something like that) is, at least in my opinion, probably a better idea.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    If we don't get necromancers in shadowlands, i guess we'll never will... :cries:

5+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't NEED anything. There is a loyal core fanbase that would subscribe to literal dogcrap if Blizzard is written on the box. About a million more play due to being used to WoW and not willing to restart from zero. There are things that would be nice but there is fuck all the next expansion NEEDS to have.

This isn't a moba, we don't need 20 classes. An expansion doesn't need a token new class to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexia-KulTiras View Post
    If we don't get necromancers in shadowlands, i guess we'll never will... :cries:
    Warlocks and DKs have been in the game for years.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Rather have them fix the current classes and make them more fun to play and a bit more complex perhaps.

According to the last hero class added, so many just go play it because it requires almost no skill to play and it's fotm (and of course many do because it's mobility is awesome and makes it fun playing). No need for more classes such as that though, before balancing is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I dont care if its Tinkerers or Necromancers or Shadow hunters it needs to happen to drive in hype and dreams.
    What hero would one base a Tinker, Necromancer, or Shadow Hunter off of?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    If the expansion after shadowlands is dragon isles related, then it should be dragoon or dragon knight.

mail wearing class with melee, ranged, and healing specs. uses spears primarily.
    why dragon are always associated with spears? Why not fists weapons? Why not customisable orbs or whatever ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    What hero would one base a Tinker, Necromancer, or Shadow Hunter off of?
    Tinkers would be based off of Mekkatorque and/or Gazlowe, the leaders of the Gnome and Goblin races.

There really isn’t any Necromancer or Shadow Hunter heroes around. There was Kelthuzad and Voljin, but they’re both deceased.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    No, it needs to have good system and class and endgame design. Stop with this obsession with new classes and races. Good designs tramples all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, people have made this mistake over and over, but "new players" are not interested in mmos and stuff. Its a different generation and different tastes, they prefer battle royales and fast games. WoW needs to be design for veterans, its the only way to keep WoW alive.
    Nah, you're wrong. A new class is the biggest hype in the game, it's also the biggest expansion seller because people love to have new shit to play with.
    You'll quickly find that the game dies if they just keep classes the way they are now, that literally means you just play the same game over and over again through each expansion.
    It's about giving players half of what they want and then the other half is up to developers, this has been proven time and time again by the FF14 devs and it's working. Wow has never had as good of an expansion pack as Shadowbringers was, that's a fact. And it goes to show that the more you interact with your fanbase like that, the better the game will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinkers would be based off of Mekkatorque and/or Gazlowe, the leaders of the Gnome and Goblin races.

There really isn’t any Necromancer or Shadow Hunter heroes around. There was Kelthuzad and Voljin, but they’re both deceased.
    Kel'thuzad is in the Shadowlands, but yeah, I no longer think Necromancer will become a thing as it would've happened for SL then.
    Shadow hunter is not big enough to happen, so my money would be on a void based class or a Tinker.

But many ppl seem to be under the impression that Tinkers will be able to permanently fight inside of mechs, that's not gonna happen, that would definitely be a Metamorphosis kind of Cooldown ability.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The best expansions we had have all added a new class, so I'd welcome another onewl
    That's actually true, didn't think of it that way. I agree!

it is incredible.people want know about next expansion ajaja shadowlands ended before start!good blizzard....

Id prefer just a new class, instead of a Hero class. I mean the next expansion might be something totally new lore wise. How would you feel if they introduced a new Hero class, you know nothing about? At least with Death Knights and Demon hunters we knew about them, we knew about the lore of them. ITs why Monks was just a new hero and not a hero class.
    And if we do get a new class, Id like one that uses range weapons some how just to give hunters computation

Tinkers should happen, as it could wear Mail and be ranged (both needed).