Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    People considering a "blogpost" .
    How about the literal court file linked on the front page?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I will be calling people who approve of sexual harassment idiots and pieces of shit no matter where I am. Piss off.
    ... and i will report every single post of these.
    Does not matter what the topic is there is no point of doing it when somebody has different point of view.
    You are not the judge here.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    If it was such a problem, how come, it seemed like nobody hardly ever spoke out about it?
    You wonder? We have a legit freakin court case and at least a dozen testimonies and many posters here still treat it as fake news.

Imagine how believable it would be with only one person speaking up without substantial evidence to show for it. Would you want to risk being a single person out against a company on whose products most of the world grew up on? These people were a affraid, but with the government itself sueing Activision they feel more secure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Does not matter what the topic is there is no point of doing it when somebody has different point of view.
    Don't call pieces of shit, pieces of shit because something, something, freedom of speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
    It would probably be a good idea to wait till the matter is resolved in court before passing judgement.
    You mean like how they waited when it came to Quinton Flynn?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    People considering a "blogpost" a reliable source for this kind of topic, all the while not being able to separate the art from the artist: this is the pinnacle of why s**t hits the fan for no reason.
    To be fair beside the zone design, they are also producing dogshit, so giving sex offenders a pass if they make good games won't save Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Would you also be against calling people shit if they'd be trying to popularize raping and saying that holocaust was right? (I like to go into extremes, I know). After all they just have different point of view and you are not the judge here, right?

Approving sexual harassment is always bad and those who do that are garbage.

Wow, the grasping at straws is in full mode here.
    There has been rumors floating for years about how Blizzard wasn't such a nice place. Don't be in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Would you also be against calling people shit if they'd be trying to popularize raping and saying that holocaust was right? (I like to go into extremes, I know). After all they just have different point of view and you are not the judge here, right?

Approving sexual harassment is always bad and those who do that are garbage.
    This is fresh case that seems to have very strong evidence but i'd be very careful with judging anyone... especially when we had Kael VO situation like 2 months ago that not many people seems to remember sadly.
    Anyway... he can just report these posts to mods if these are against rules... instead of trying to be 'keyboard knight' that thinks naming other person 'idiot' on internet forum will fix anything irl.
    And again: it does not matter what the topic is. Insulting any other poster should not be tolerated here.

A woman took her life and the brand loyalty fanboys are still going "bUt wHeRe iS dA pRoOfS???" because they are choosing to go to bad and defend this. Which really says something about either the depths of addiction to a IP someone can have or just how lacking in basic human decency some people are.

2 years of investigation and all they've shown so far are "testimonies". I bet it's not all about aiming for settlements at ALL.
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A woman took her life and the brand loyalty fanboys are still going "bUt wHeRe iS dA pRoOfS???" because they are choosing to go to bad and defend this. Which really says something about either the depths of addiction to a IP someone can have or just how lacking in basic human decency some people are.
    Thankfully we live in reality where "innocent until proven guilty" is the norm, not BELIEVE ALL WOMEN. Like women are some mystical creatures incapable of lying.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2021-07-22 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    2 years of investigation and all they've shown so far are "testimonies". I bet it's not all about aiming for settlements at ALL.
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Thankfully we live in reality where "innocent until proven guilty" is the norm, not BELIEVE ALL WOMEN. Like women are some mystical creatures incapable of lying.
    Hell of a lie when the police take the body to the morgue and write up a report right? i guess she was merely pretending.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We knew those things for a long time, but it's good when it finally reaches the court.

So, the article that implies that is actually being deceptive and misleading AF.

The article makes it sound like she was getting intensely harassed at work by her supervisor and took her life because of it. This is not what the court documents actually say.

If you read the actual court documents, it says she was in a relationship with the supervisor (the article fails to mention that conveniently) and was on a business trip with him and took her life due to him (does not say why).

The part about her being intensely harassed is also misleading based on the court documents. “One” employee thinks she “might” have had a photo of her genitalia shown around by male co workers at a work party and gotten harassed by male coworkers for it. That’s the extent of it. Again, not how the article made it sound.

Feel free to read the court documents yourself.

I understand the anger, this was the part of this whole story that really bothered me the most.

This is modern journalism for you.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-22 at 10:57 AM.

Yes, one woman took her life. That's all we know. We don't even know if that has anything to do with Blizzard. So maybe you should show some basic human decency and not persecute people when you don't actually know what's up.

There's a reason we have courts with strict rules on how to handle these things.

Hell of a lie when the police take the body to the morgue and write up a report right? i guess she was merely pretending.
    Well a dead woman isn't filing a case against Acti-Blizzard, is she now?

I just love how the blizzard shills are defending a company that drove a poor person to suicide. This place is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The problem is the vast majority of it is anecdotal hearsay claims by women who are financially motivated...

The Bloomberg article was also pretty deceptive about what it really says on the court case.

Specifically one example is about the girl who took her life. She was in a relationship with her supervisor and took her life due to him on a business trip is what it says. It's really not clear at all why. "One" employee think its possible a photo of her genitals was passed around at a holiday party.

Quite different than what the article made it sound like...
    This is why people should stop passing judgements immediately; while the charges seem very strong and horrific, it has not yet been proven that such things did happen exactly as implied. This is not to say they didn't, but the court filing was from the prosecutors, who are going to paint the worst possible picture and present things in the most damning way (I mean, it's kind of their job to do so). While you can have morale qualms about the methods, this may also include structuring statements in a way that technically aren't causality, but can be misconstrued as such. The paragraph in reference above is specifically structured in a way to implied that they're all connected, but upon closer examination of how the statements are worded one may notice that the claims may not be related at all.

For example, I know women who, under the circumstances listed above, would not care or even relish in the scenarios stated above. They have relationships with their bosses (sometimes even being the ones pushing for it), spreading nudes of themselves because they like the attention and like to flaunt their body, some even get a power kick off of making men go brainless just from flashing their genitals. Heck, if you don't think women can be just as much of "frat boys" as men, you've never been to a college campus... I'd even go so far as women can be way more extreme in their behavior in this regard, just not as pervasive. There have been cases in the past with similar charges where the women were mentally unstable and/or suicidal well before relationships with their bosses and/or potentially inciting events occurred (as the stated behavior above can also be symptoms or coping mechanism), and their suicides were found to have no relation to the accusations. Is that the case for this specific employee? Who knows, but that's the point of letting the evidence come out versus taking face-value statements as the whole truth.

If you read the entire court filing, you'll understand real quickly that it's meant to look bad. It will paint the picture of women always being weak and powerless, always the victim, as this will help their chances of winning. Guarantee that's not universally the case, and if ActiBlizz doesn't just settle outright that will probably be one of their avenues of defense. In fact, I can almost guarantee that there were women who could be just as responsible for allowing the activities to go on and turning a blind eye, similar to how the filing constantly makes the point of supervisors and co-workers. Perhaps there are even women who participated in some of this behavior but were left out of the filing as specific examples, since that would not help their case of inequality.

I want to stress that we still don't know anything beyond what the prosecutors wants us to know, and one should never just assume the charges are 100% accurate and true... that only happens in dictatorships and similar banana republics, where the State can do no wrong. Let the process play out, as this is what the process is meant for: ensuring that all the facts get out, not just what one side wants to tell you or promoting.

While chances are high that ActiBlizz will settle out-of-court, in some respects I think there's a decent chance this may go to trial. Maybe if I knew local politics of the region a bit better I could hazard a better guess as to what may happen, but if the evidence is truly overwhelming and irrefutable, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up at trial.

If there's one thing I know for certain, it would be that whoever proofread the filing is getting fired for letting the name Bill Cosby be misspelled in said filing (twice in a row, no less). Seriously, that one's pretty hard to miss, unless that's the real reason Bill Cosby was released early: someone named Bill Crosby was the real culprit, promoting off-brand pudding and gelatin products to get people to confuse their likeness!
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-07-22 at 11:12 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I see the twitter witch hunt has also started. Random accusations against Morheim and Metzen being thrown around. Does anyone ever wonder whether there is any real justice in going after people decades later for something that was just the normative culture at the time?

This is just another example of a rabble of social justice mobs trying to virtue signal by being as mindlessly aggressive against any of the suspects, even if they have to make up some. These are the modern day witch hunts instigated by everyone with a social studies degree trying to desperately prove to the world they have a use and purpose.

There is neither sense nor justice behind any of this.
    Do you just slap buzzwords down in succession hoping to make a point?

It seems that Blizzard has been run by a bunch of hypocrites and sexual predators in the last few years. If I were Christie Golden (or any other female dev for that matter) I'd leave the company immediately. There must be consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara View Post
    Do you just slap buzzwords down in succession hoping to make a point?
    That's his schtick over in the general forums too.

gamers think harassment isnt a problem and made up by sjws, including this forum a big propogater of GG this wont effect anyone really
    it will be interesting to see someone like heelvsbaby face who shits on blizzard but also hates "wokeness" come out to either oppose the lawsuit for being woke or support it to hate on blizzard! so many angles

oh and also the funniest thing is people saying ( im quitting for ff14!) on twitter- ironic noting that japan is an ethnostate where traditional gender roles are codified into the law book, if you problem is with sexism any japanese game should be avoided but i digress
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2021-07-22 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we're not even gonna wait for the court to decide? As always the internet decides who is guilty and innocent. Gotta love this cancel culture.....

If this is true, it's obviously horrible, but people really need to stop deciding what is true from just reading what someone writes on internet. This time there is even a case going to court about it. Isn't it better to wait and see how this goes before passing out judgement?