Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna miss Flynn when we move on from BFA. Best character in a long time.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Poor fragile white mans masculinity =*(

Get over it. A character we leave behind in BfA had an affair with Shaw.
    None of the LGBT-representation we see in SL will impact the story or gameplay other than "hey, we see ya LGBT-people". Thats it

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    are you guys reading the same I am?

I'm not seeing confirmation that Flynn x Shaw is a canon thing. All I read is concern for Shaw being a landlubber.
    Exactly my thoughts. Could someone enlighten us? All I'm reading is Flynn jokingly talking about himself in superlatives and then grabbing Shaw around the waist when the storm begins and Shaw loses "ground" - and I guess in that one little moment he didn't have much time to think about how he should grab him to save his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Could someone enlighten us? All I'm reading is Flynn jokingly talking about himself in superlatives and then grabbing Shaw around the waist when the storm begins and Shaw loses "ground" - and I guess in that one little moment he didn't have much time to think about how he should grab him to save his life.
    Same, I'm confused what people are all up in a tizzy about *this* time. I'm too busy enjoying Flynn being Flynn and Shaw being forced into situations where he can't do his usual grim brooding routine.

EDIT: I re-read the excerpt and... I'm even more confused. There is nothing I can see that's even vaguely foppish going on, let alone LVL70LGBTQ. Did some homophobe misread Flynn grabbing Shaw's "wrist" as "waist" and went off the deep end about BAD TOUCH GAY PIRATE MAN?
    Last edited by Chonar; 2020-07-08 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Same, I'm confused what people are all up in a tizzy about *this* time. I'm too busy enjoying Flynn being Flynn and Shaw being forced into situations where he can't do his usual grim brooding routine.

EDIT: I re-read the excerpt and... I'm even more confused. There is nothing I can see that's even vaguely foppish going on, let alone LVL70LGBTQ. Did some homophobe misread Flynn grabbing Shaw's "wrist" as "waist" and went off the deep end about BAD TOUCH GAY PIRATE MAN?
    Don't even mention it. People on this forum will be up in arms with slightest mentioning of ANY male to male contact in any way.

They have the gay (probably alien) couple in a short story an instantly foam was around their mouths.

This story, while i would welcome it, because it would open up so many good narratives, has at no point insinuated any relationship but friendship or colleagues.

If it does turn into more? Good! Shock Therapy will maybe help them. Works with arachnophobia sometimes^^

The worst parts of the LGBT fandumb wants forced representation and get very upset when they can't jackhammer it into a narrative, regardless if it makes sense or not.

It's almost like pople wan to read stuff that isn't there into stuff just to get upset.

Yes, I also miss that part where Shaw and Flynn have some romantic interaction, similar to those of Lor'themar and Thalyssra had.

We also know that Flynn is into Taelia since Freehold and I had this feeling that Shaw is actually into Valeera, after his interaction with her in Stormwind Embassy following defeat of N'zoth...

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Don't even mention it. People on this forum will be up in arms with slightest mentioning of ANY male to male contact in any way.

They have the gay (probably alien) couple in a short story an instantly foam was around their mouths.

This story, while i would welcome it, because it would open up so many good narratives, has at no point insinuated any relationship but friendship or colleagues.

If it does turn into more? Good! Shock Therapy will maybe help them. Works with arachnophobia sometimes^^
    Shock therapy is a pretty bad form of 'helping' a problem. All it does is cause such a huge and stressing reaction that you go numb to it and just accept that it's happening and you can do fuck all about it.

Abusive relationships are borderline that on serial.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yes, I also miss that part where Shaw and Flynn have some romantic interaction, similar to those of Lor'themar and Thalyssra had.

We also know that Flynn is into Taelia since Freehold and I had this feeling that Shaw is actually into Valeera, after his interaction with her in Stormwind Embassy following defeat of N'zoth...
    Well the second one WAS open for interpretation tbh and can be used either way.

7+ Year Old Account

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/07/07/fairshaw/

Apparently it happens later on in the novel.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The worst parts of the LGBT fandumb wants forced representation and get very upset when they can't jackhammer it into a narrative, regardless if it makes sense or not.
    Alright so what's the angle here, 'cause this thread is all over the place.

Is it desperate LGBTQ people wanting representation where there is absolutely none hinted towards?
    Or is it hairtrigger homophobes misinterpreting any male physical touch as "omg theyre forcing the gay into my fantasy butt"?

I aint sure which is more annoying.

The shock therapy was meant as a joke. Obviously it doesn't work here.

But your comment above with the jackhammer is just ridiculous. 15 years of a game and there is ONE gay couple in a leveling quest with characters we probably will never see again.
    IF (and i don't think they will) Shaw and Fairwind would become a couple it is neither jackhammered nor too much, but a bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

And there's nothing concrete to back it, so yeh, nothing confirmed.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it if it happens, but rabid stubborness to force it to happen and interpret an ambiguous narrative as stone-cold proof is making a claim. Claims need evidence to be fact, which ambiguity kinda doesn't do, so treating it as fact anyway just to 'have it as representation' is not helping the cause.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2020-07-08 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

I see. What a clever way to make more people read the book. I mean, I was going to anyway, so guess we'll find out if it's true, or if Matthew there is seeing things that aint there. Or if it's written in such a clever fashion that it's *still* open to the reader's interpretation.

Still. Saying that it's pretty much "canonized" without showing any proof is obviously a good way to get more people to wanting to purchase the novel.
    I see your game, Matthew Rossi, you maverick rogue.

Alright so what's the angle here, 'cause this thread is all over the place.

Is it desperate LGBTQ people wanting representation where there is absolutely none hinted towards?
    Or is it hairtrigger homophobes misinterpreting any male physical touch as "omg theyre forcing the gay into my fantasy butt"?

I aint sure which is more annoying.
    I won't be surprised at both, honestly. The game industry is just as politicized as it is greedy. The middle-ground is almost impossible to make heard because they tend to not be as vocal. All about sensationalism to grab them clicks and likes, create conflict. Us v them wins more popularity.

I'm absolutely fine with both straight and queer relationships, when they happen organically.

I won't be surprised at both, honestly. The game industry is just as politicized as it is greedy. The middle-ground is almost impossible to make heard because they tend to not be as vocal. All about sensationalism to grab them clicks and likes, create conflict. Us v them wins more popularity.

I'm absolutely fine with both straight and queer relationships, when they happen organically.
    What middle ground? Some people in this forum, and by what you said you too, don't want any middle ground. They just don't want to see any gay people at all.

The shock therapy was meant as a joke. Obviously it doesn't work here.

But your comment above with the jackhammer is just ridiculous. 15 years of a game and there is ONE gay couple in a leveling quest with characters we probably will never see again.
    IF (and i don't think they will) Shaw and Fairwind would become a couple it is neither jackhammered nor too much, but a bare minimum.
    Why is it needed? Because representation? Token relationship just to have it? Yeah no. I don't like these at all, straight or queer.

If it happens organically, developes naturally, shown humanely, all for it.

I can definately understand the feeling of having part of yourself neglected if you're queer, and it's not often shown in media, really. I have high-functioning autism and autism in general hasn't really been portrayed kindly all the time either. No, it's not exactly the same, but it's not like people can't empathize with a similar premise.

I prefer my stories to be about people, not ideals or one-note descriptors in human skin.

That's all I would like, the rest is whatever it is.

- - - Updated - - -

What middle ground? Some people in this forum, and by what you said you too, don't want any middle ground. They just don't want to see any gay people at all.
    What do you infer that from? I've now written several comments to the contrary.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2020-07-08 at 10:59 AM.

Well the second one WAS open for interpretation tbh and can be used either way.
    Yes, you are right, it can be used either way. I still wait for some solid confirmation of FairShaw, what we've seen so far hints only at them being buddies, not lovers or anything else.

I'm curious what the book will bring on that matter.

3+ Year Old Account
    I can definately understand the feeling of having part of yourself neglected if you're queer, and it's now often shown in media, really. I have high-functioning autism and autism in general hasn't really been portrayed kindly all the time either. No, it's not exactly the same, but it's not like people can't empathize with a similar premise.

I prefer my stories to be about people, not ideals or one-note descriptors in human skin.

That's all I would like, the rest is whatever it is.
    Oh man, same here. I know that Blizzard said that Symmetra from Overwatch is Autistic, but I just think that some people will think that they were trying to play on the 'Autistic people love technical stuff! And math too!' kind of thing, but it's kind of not my thing since not all induviduals with Autism can do math. I'm high-functioning and can't do basic math for some reason lol

Still, it would be cool for Blizzard to put in a character who has Autism or even ADHD.

I also like having my stories just be about people too

(Sorry if I accidently offend anyone with the part I said about Autistic people liking technology/math, I wasn't trying to be rude )
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-07-08 at 10:58 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.