Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Those sanctions aren't going against Putin if you didn't notice.
    Uhm... going after oligarchs, is defunding Putin... wtf?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    #DefundThePutin

New hashtag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Floyd was murdered. It's weird you pretend he wasn't, just to claim your thoroughly corrupt system didn't murder someone. I don't know why you think I'd give a shit about uk sanctions when I think they should be spending years in jail. Seems like they'd be getting off light if all they got was sanctioned by the uk.
    The decision of EHCR is that it wasn't murder in Magnitsky case.

Given that you assume Floyd was murdered, that means there are even more reasons for UK to sanction police department in US harbouring killers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Where do you see oligarchs in the list above? Did you even read it?

"Officer", "Judge", "head of <various law enforcement departments>" - those are not typical oligarch positions.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-07-09 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    The decision of EHCR is that it wasn't murder in Magnitsky case.
    I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated: if the people in charge of providing the evidence are the very same people who are being investigated, the 'trial' doesn't mean anything. This isn't a difficult concept. Repeating this nonsense about the EHCR, as if it actually matters, is a waste of everyone's time and only harms your argument. On display: shalcker once again shilling for a corrupt system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated: if the people in charge of providing the evidence are the very same people who are being investigated, the 'trial' doesn't mean anything. This isn't a difficult concept. Repeating this nonsense about the EHCR, as if it actually matters, is a waste of everyone's time and only harms your argument. On display: shalcker once again shilling for a corrupt system.
    You're saying it like EHCR isn't deciding cases like that all the time. Do you think that European Court of Human Rights is dealing with well-meaning and honest actors all the time? That they didn't decide against Russia in cases against very same police? That they didn't decide against Russia in this case?

The problem is, Browder's proof of Magnitsky's murder is shit. A lot of his "motives to kill him" is outright lie. His timeline isn't supported by facts. That's why it isn't murder. Magnistky would be much better for Russia alive; if anyone should have wanted him dead it was Browder.