From 4 years ago.
    It is like everything is accurate today :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they plan on hiring about 7,000 new developers in the near future.

artistically crafted
    procedural tech
    choose one

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    choose one
    AH, so that is what Chris has been spending all those hundreds of millions on - AI. It can then procedurally handcraft all those worlds for him.

An accurate representation of events

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to play SQ42 next month!

But on a serious note. I'm starting to think CRobberts is a compulsive liar. Hes been saying the same shit for 20+ years and still hasnt shipped a game since before freelancer. . . . lol or freelancer.

Last edited by Beazy; 2020-07-09 at 12:23 PM.

The historical revisionism over Freelancer developement was amusing. Thank you, Kenn.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    choose one
    Not at all you can make decent procedural generation it just takes like 20 years. Checkmate liberal.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The historical revisionism over Freelancer developement was amusing. Thank you, Kenn.
    It takes as long as it takes to develop the game, even the kickstarter version would be difficult to build in 4-5 years let alone an MMO. We need developers to not just force a game out before its ready it better to add time so the game is done right, even amazon have just pushed back new world one year and that was supposed to be 1 month from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Cant wait to play SQ42 next month!

But on a serious note. I'm starting to think CRobberts is a compulsive liar. Hes been saying the same shit for 20+ years and still hasnt shipped a game since before freelancer. . . . lol or freelancer.
    SQ42 would still not of been released to the public even if it was ready by the end of the year, it was planned for closed beta, whining about something serves no purpose if a game needs more time if needs more time, better to do it as good as possible the first time around.

As soon as the game was changed into a full MMO it was a 10 year project, there was no way to make the game any faster since the tech needed to make it work had to be built from the ground up.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-07-11 at 02:57 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It takes as long as it takes to develop the game, even the kickstarter version would be difficult to build in 4-5 years let alone an MMO. We need developers to not just force a game out before its ready it better to add time so the game is done right, even amazon have just pushed back new world one year and that was supposed to be 1 month from release.

SQ42 would still not of been released to the public even if it was ready by the end of the year, it was planned for closed beta, whining about something serves no purpose if a game needs more time if needs more time, better to do it as good as possible the first time around.

As soon as the game was changed into a full MMO it was a 10 year project, there was no way to make the game any faster since the tech needed to make it work had to be built from the ground up.
    Lol so it only became an mmo after he said that in 2018?

Bro, give it up. Seriously, it's getting old.

Oh wait! Is this the part where you say that development didnt really start until last year?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-07-11 at 03:06 AM.

Lol so it only became an mmo after he said that in 2018?

Bro, give it up. Seriously, it's getting old.

Oh wait! Is this the part where you say that development didnt really start until last year?
    The game changed into an MMO after they continued stretch goals and the game grew larger up until 2015, by the 6 million mark the game had doubled in size just from star systems alone. You dont really know the project at all if you dont even know the basic information.

And where did i say it only became an MMO in 2018, you do like to spread false information.

Wait, Freelancer was meant to be MMO too?

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    The game changed into an MMO after they continued stretch goals and the game grew larger up until 2015, by the 6 million mark the game had doubled in size just from star systems alone. You dont really know the project at all if you dont even know the basic information.

And where did i say it only became an MMO in 2018, you do like to spread false information.

Oh! So in 2015 it became an MMO? So you are confirming that CRobberts is indeed a lying sack of shit. Thanks Kenn, I knew you would come around.

Oh! So in 2015 it became an MMO? So you are confirming that CRobberts is indeed a lying sack of shit. Thanks Kenn, I knew you would come around.
    You indeed talk so much BS you dont even know yourself what your talking about, they have every right to change the game if they want as they are the ones making it, if they want to make the game better its up to them, there also wasnt a 2016 launch for SQ42.

Wait, Freelancer was meant to be MMO too?
    Freelancer was not meant to be an MMO it just came with a multiplayer, you can like chris or hate him he wants to game to be its best possible version so it takes longer to make.

You indeed talk so much BS you dont even know yourself what your talking about, they have every right to change the game if they want as they are the ones making it, if they want to make the game better its up to them, there also wasnt a 2016 launch for SQ42.
    I don't understand how you can just say that and accept it as a fact.
    I'm not invested in the game and I only follow things on the side and it's always good for some amusement to me.
    But if I had backed this project several years back I would be furious by now.

It's like... they promise to invest into reasearch/medicine that cures cancer and cancer patients gladly give them money for it, but a few years later they won't release that medicine because they also want it to cure dementia, then 3 years later it's COPD and now 6 years later it's COVID.

Just give me the freaking cancer medicine, that's what people originally paid for. If they had enough money for all of those things, sure, get them done, but don't delay the original product for like 6 flipping years because of that.

It's almost a given by now that the game is going to be mediocre and not going to work like they intended, because game development just doesn't freaking work like that - never did, not a single case when it ever did.
    You can't just pile shit onto your original plan and expect it to work out properly.
    Why won't they release the main product, and add DLC/Expansions on top of it at a later time?

The main reason is most likely: They don't have a product yet and if you work on it for several years and game and console generations, it's just going to be a mess the bigger you go.

It's a con artist's dream.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-12 at 09:28 AM.

Freelancer was not meant to be an MMO it just came with a multiplayer, you can like chris or hate him he wants to game to be its best possible version so it takes longer to make.
    Wanting something and being capable of doing something are two very different things and that is why his projects have been disaster after another which have to had been finished by others for the longest of time. The more control he has gotten over his career, the worse his projects have become and it was always up to someone else to fix up his mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This ones richer than the entire Red Shield family.

This ones richer than the entire Red Shield family.

If you make your living killing monsters then it is in your best interest to always have monsters to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't understand how you can just say that and accept it as a fact.
    I'm not invested in the game and I only follow things on the side and it's always good for some amusement to me.
    But if I had backed this project several years back I would be furious by now.

It's like... they promise to invest into reasearch/medicine that cures cancer and cancer patients gladly give them money for it, but a few years later they won't release that medicine because they also want it to cure dementia, then 3 years later it's COPD and now 6 years later it's COVID.

Just give me the freaking cancer medicine, that's what people originally paid for. If they had enough money for all of those things, sure, get them done, but don't delay the original product for like 6 flipping years because of that.

It's almost a given by now that the game is going to be mediocre and not going to work like they intended, because game development just doesn't freaking work like that - never did, not a single case when it ever did.
    You can't just pile shit onto your original plan and expect it to work out properly.
    Why won't they release the main product, and add DLC/Expansions on top of it at a later time?

The main reason is most likely: They don't have a product yet and if you work on it for several years and game and console generations, it's just going to be a mess the bigger you go.

It's a con artist's dream.
    In game development not even an official release date is set in stone, its up to them what they do with the game, we can already see the games progress so we know the game is getting tons of work done. You cant take anything as a guarantee in game development so stop trying to say they dont do things just like any other company does, if something is not ready they wont release it and chris has stated that for years.

Wanting something and being capable of doing something are two very different things and that is why his projects have been disaster after another which have to had been finished by others for the longest of time. The more control he has gotten over his career, the worse his projects have become and it was always up to someone else to fix up his mess.
    They have already proven they are making a better and better game as development goes on, SC is the most ambitious project ever done and they are doing it with a team many times smaller than any other developer on a large scale game, if it wasnt for chris there would be no space game coming probably even in the next 10 years so just suck it up and accept it.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-07-12 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In game development not even an official release date is set in stone, its up to them what they do with the game, we can already see the games progress so we know the game is getting tons of work done. You cant take anything as a guarantee in game development so stop trying to say they dont do things just like any other company does, if something is not ready they wont release it and chris has stated that for years.

They have already proven they are making a better and better game as development goes on, SC is the most ambitious project ever done and they are doing it with a team many times smaller than any other developer on a large scale game, if it wasnt for chris there would be no space game coming probably even in the next 10 years so just suck it up and accept it.
    So you're not going to address any of his bullshit quotes? You just continually repost the same "but development didnt start until yesterday" or "they can take as long as they want" bullshit for over three years. Its like you're copy and pasting shit Sandy put in a text file.

I mean, I get it, I know you literally cant tell the truth because your job depends on it, but why havent you left CIG yet? You realize you're not going to be able to put CIG on your resume if you want to work in the industry after they buckle right?