Thoughts on the horde and alliance questline in Jade Forest?

It's been so long so i don't really remember but i do remember getting to use rockets to kill stuff so it can't have been that bad, also you got a self banishment trinket which was very useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    What exactly are you asking about? People's thoughts on the entire zone, specific quests, or?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the zone where the horde recruited a bunch of poo-flinging monkeys and the alliance got help from a sentient native race and it was still a tie. Yeah that was fantastic. Peak writing.

I thought overall it was alright. It did a nice job introducing the Sha and the major themes of the expansion (in what I thought was the best in-game cinematic for that expansion). The short story questlines where we played as the NPC recounting the tale were pretty fun, and the Jade Witch had a suitably good amount of foreshadowing depending on the order in which quests were done. Having max level content in the zone kept it relevant at max level. I got a bit tired of hearing "Ook them in the dooker" as Horde, but the jinyu had some interesting lore for Alliance, and we got to see Anduin perform his arguably most morally questionable act (mind controlling another Alliance member to stop them from hindering his goals). It's still a zone that I prefer to play through when leveling in that range, over moving to Krasarang or Valley of the Four Winds once I've gotten a few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Yeah the zone where the horde recruited a bunch of poo-flinging monkeys and the alliance got help from a sentient native race and it was still a tie. Yeah that was fantastic. Peak writing.
    They really made the Hozen too much of a joke. Literally having the chief named "Kah-kah" is just... dumb. That's something you do for a one off quest villain, not for the group JOINING THE HORDE.
    Twas brillig

Both factions were poor and ultimately pointless. Hozen, a running scatological gag, and very depressed Jinyu fish people. The associated reputations turned out to be worthless, and their involvement stopped dead after Jade Forest. I can only assume cut content hastily stitched up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Just on how the questline was? One of the best zones of the expansion, I really loved it and Valley of the Four Winds, for very different reasons. Lots of fun faction war elements in Jade Forest. I specifically remember talking with a pandaren that "looked into my mind" giving horrifying images of the war to come that first gave me the impression all this might be taking a toll on my character's mind (hadn't thought about RPing my char at all up to that point, and it really escalated with the purge of dalaran and all of BFA).

And also of course that monkey that fell in love with the forsaken, can't forget that part. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Scouting_R...nd_of_My_Enemy https://wow.gamepedia.com/Riko Loved those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.