Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Vulpera Become a Core Race?

They don't really fit the allied race mold, I don't know why they get the allied race treatment. They aren't an offshoot of an existing race, they have a ton of customization options, and they are objectively the BEST. And yet you need to unlock them. Shame.

There is the door, see yourself out, take your vulperas and "yiff" somewhere else.

They don't have an unique rig like the other core races, so no. Re-purposing the goblin skeleton for them makes them seem like they belong as an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    They don't really fit the allied race mold, I don't know why they get the allied race treatment. They aren't an offshoot of an existing race, they have a ton of customization options, and they are objectively the BEST. And yet you need to unlock them. Shame.
    Poor fat Kul Tirans say hi.

They are categorized under Allied Race because they happened to be in BfA + they are cheaper to make since none of the ARs have any starting zones like regular races.

Obviously the unlock requirement needs to stay because anyone who has heard the "Dolly and Dot" song while questing in Vol'dun will be overwhelmed with the need to play one within seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't know how to tell you this....... but they're already an allied race. why would you change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    There is the door, see yourself out, take your vulperas and "yiff" somewhere else.
    Take the tauren, worgen, draenei and pandaren with you. Along with the moonkin, in fact get rid of all the druids. Nothing but a bunch of degenerate animal lovers. Dryads need to go as well, and the furblogs, tuskarr, oh who else needs to go because they are just yiff material. Oh, the saberon, the dragons, gotta keep gutting can't have any of that furry bs. Yes, lets start gutting the game because of a damned hate meme. Bring back the GM's to ban the people in Goldshire, and the ones dispelling world buffs.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

They do use the goblin set, as others have pointed out. If they had their own original animations and models I could definitely see them being a core race.

they use a Goblin model so they are an offshoot.

Zandalari use Night Elf model too. The only race with unique rigs and customisations is Kul Tiran

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Eh, most allied races use existing models as a base with the exception of Kul Tirans and Zandalar.
    Zandalar use Night Elf models.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Obviously the unlock requirement needs to stay because anyone who has heard the "Dolly and Dot" song while questing in Vol'dun will be overwhelmed with the need to play one within seconds.
    Best post of the thread.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    To address some concerns I've read:

1. If Kul'Tirans have a unique rig and are still allied races, that means the rig thing isn't a factor in what an allied race is.

2. Everyone is getting the same starting zone soon anyway.

3. Dolly and Dot are indeed, all of our best friends.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should change all AR to core races and give Heritage for embassy questline, leveling will become joke anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are called "allied races" and not "subraces" or "offshoot races" or "cousin races" because they wanted the freedom to add any race they chose, including those not related to a core race. Vulpera aren't the exception to the rule; there is no rule. They can make any race they want an Allied Race. All the designation really means is that they're less costly for the developers to implement than a core race, and they are earned by the player.

i thought all allied races were becoming core races once shadowlands launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...are you channeled over something so trivial that doesn't affect you in the least. Maybe you could use a few minutes outside to breath to release your pointless hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Misshulk View Post
    i thought all allied races were becoming core races once shadowlands launches.
    Nope, they're just removing the reputation requirements. You still have to do the achievements (I think?) and the quests to unlock them.

Vulpera indeed do not fit the previous pattern of subraces, but then again, nothing says Allied Races necessarily need to be subraces only.

Agreed.

/10

Why does it even matter if a race is considered core or allied?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Why does it even matter if a race is considered core or allied?
    Let me put it this way: How would you feel if tauren or dwarves were labled as 'allied races'? Allied races are treated like seperate factions that share a common goal with the main factions. For example, the most recent novel, the Zandalari are having difficulties with the Horde, and the Horde sends zappy boi as an ambassador to deal with them. New York doesn't send an ambassador to Miami. Orcs don't send ambassadors to Thunder Bluff. Vulpera don't have an 'alliance' with the Horde, they are part of it. The biggest part. Nisha for Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me put it this way: How would you feel if tauren or dwarves were labled as 'allied races'? Allied races are treated like seperate factions that share a common goal with the main factions. For example, the most recent novel, the Zandalari are having difficulties with the Horde, and the Horde sends zappy boi as an ambassador to deal with them. New York doesn't send an ambassador to Miami. Orcs don't send ambassadors to Thunder Bluff. Vulpera don't have an 'alliance' with the Horde, they are part of it. The biggest part. Nisha for Warchief.
    I couldn't care less if they're allied races, core races, apple races, etc. A playable race is playable race.

You seem to be acting like the term 'allied' is a slight or something, when it is exactly what they are: allies, that we made during the wars against the Legion and then during the 4th faction war. Add the rep and achievements in and they have a bit of prestige that the default races do not.

So I'm not sure why you seem think 'how would you feel if dwarves were labeled as allied races??' is some kind of meaningful comeback or argument, because it really isn't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.