Thread: Classic Plus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Classic plus isn't about QoL, it's about more content in classic, keeping the way the game is. No extra features like flying mounts, group finder etc, nothing like that - instead have it have more content in classic, like a new island with a new rep to grind or new world bosses or a new dungeon - stuff like that. I wouldn't add another tier though if you ask me. In my opinion, power increases were acceptable in classic but in TBC and beyond, power creeps were ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Classic plus isn't about QoL, it's about more content in classic, keeping the way the game is. No extra features like flying mounts, group finder etc, nothing like that - instead have it have more content in classic, like a new island with a new rep to grind or new world bosses or a new dungeon - stuff like that. I wouldn't add another tier though if you ask me. In my opinion, power increases were acceptable in classic but in TBC and beyond, power creeps were ridiculous.
    Power creep was just as bad in vanilla, it's just people have figured out that full world buffs is the equivalent of being in like AQ gear from the get-go now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are going to complain to no end if they do a classic+ because everybody has a completely different idea of what it should be. The whole reason they made an expansion is so they can interject some new shit in it and press the reset button on a lot of classes. How do you balance it? Do you leave the classes the same and risk running almost exactly the same raiding meta for yet another tier? Doing that risks making it stale and severely limits creativity within the game. Doing the opposite risks people whining about how 'this isn't classic'. Blizzard made it pretty clear they weren't happy with developing, nor balancing 40 man raids, which is exactly the reason they moved away from them near the end of Vanilla (they finished Naxxaramas because it was already in the pipeline).

If you don't add a new tier what do you actually add to make things interesting? Catch up gear? To what ends? Anybody who sticks with classic long enough is going to clear Naxxaramas, or fit into a guild that actually clears it regularly.

The spiritual successor to classic is TBC and people are honestly going to have to live with that. Not sure how somebody can claim that TBC has terrible power creep, because it really doesn't. TBC had one problem and that was how fast they shit out content at the beginning, something they could easily rectify on a second pass. From a financial standpoint TBC makes the most sense as well. All they literally have to figure out is the server situation and content release schedules. There's no rebuilding or trying to find out how the game use to work because they still have all the old information.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Wish they would expand Classic in it's current style.
    New dungeons, new raids, new BG's, new attunements, new zones.
    So you want Classic as it is, but you also want it... Expanded.

So you either want retail as we have it now, or you want them to develop and maintain two different versions of the same game.

Do I have that right? Perhaps someone here can enlighten us as to why that isn't the greatest of ideas. I'm too tired to right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    So keep it as it is, but change it.

"Wow, this pepper is certainly spicy. Why can't I have a pepper that is always this spicy and never changes, but also has the sweetness of ice cream? Why can't that be a thing?"
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Jesus, just admit Classic wasn't as good as we remembered.
    Very few are willing to admit it publicly, and those who do are attacked pretty quickly. Most seem to just direct all their frustration towards "big evil retail" rather than looking at the flaws classic has. Doesnt really matter, classic is what it is and many enjoy it for that, but the hype died off pretty damn quickly. It seems classic is most popular in regions that did not get a release back in 04, while in the west there was a huge surge, which ran outa puff very quickly.

I still enjoy it from time to time, but if you look at the forums since a few months after release, most of the threads are people asking for changes, or asking "whats next". Strange considering how many people claimed classic servers would be a great idea because people would play them for years and years to come, and yet most seemed to only last until BWL before asking "what happens after classic?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    People are going to complain to no end if they do a classic+ because everybody has a completely different idea of what it should be.
    This is the reason #NoChanges was mocked right from the beginning - everyone's memory of vanilla was different, everyone's experience in vanilla was different, and so everyone's expectation was very different - this meant the idea of #NoChanges had a lot of people behind it - all with entirely different opinions on what it actually meant. Even now, many label obvious changes as "fixes".

If people couldn't and still cant agree on what Classic is supposed to be, there is zero chance of anyone agreeing on what Classic+ should be.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-07-26 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    everyone's memory of vanilla was different, everyone's experience in vanilla was different, and so everyone's expectation was very different
    These statements are all truisms.

Classic went more or less exactly as I suspected it would. Especially on a personal scale. Everyone I was playing with flaked out, and I was left a mid 40's warrior with no one to play with. I just got bored because it turns out Classic is a very bland game for 2019.

Not a single positive interaction was had with another player in this game that supposedly emphasizes community. Power tripped by a guild. Abandoned by my friends. Don't even get me started on all the scumbag randoms that had no interest in multiplayer as more than a means to an end.

Then, to what should have been no one's surprise, a lot of people just don't like it as-is, so they ask for new development to be made. Which makes absolutely no sense from a business, personal, or artistic point of view. Games don't change to suit you. You change games to suit you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    These statements are all truisms.

Classic went more or less exactly as I suspected it would. Especially on a personal scale. Everyone I was playing with flaked out, and I was left a mid 40's warrior with no one to play with. I just got bored because it turns out Classic is a very bland game for 2019.

Not a single positive interaction was had with another player in this game that supposedly emphasizes community. Power tripped by a guild. Abandoned by my friends. Don't even get me started on all the scumbag randoms that had no interest in multiplayer as more than a means to an end.

Then, to what should have been no one's surprise, a lot of people just don't like it as-is, so they ask for new development to be made. Which makes absolutely no sense from a business, personal, or artistic point of view. Games don't change to suit you. You change games to suit you.
    And my experience was utterly different. I had people random invite me for hard quests from level 7 on. Both guilds I've been in have been good to great to me. Some people quit, some didnt.

What Classic is not is a PUG oriented game. If you don't join a guild, you are losing a lot of advantage and just because one guild sucked doesn't mean they all do.

WoW in general is a game that kind of sucks as a solo player and is much better if you have a group of people to do things with. Classic is ever more like this since all of the max level content is instanced and there's no LFG/R.

In retail, you can play at max level solo and still make progress on gear. Add in LFG/LFR and you can even see the instanced content without a guild or active friends list. Classic doesn't support the retail play style... if this is what you wanted, yeah, not the game for you.

I was going to say LFR as a joke but ironically the difficulty of Classic raiding is already similar to LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And my experience was utterly different. I had people random invite me for hard quests from level 7 on. Both guilds I've been in have been good to great to me. Some people quit, some didnt.
    Good for you. It didn't happen that way for me. No amount of persuasion is going to change my opinion. It wasn't fun at any point in my play, and I stopped when I realized that. Like I said, I had people to play with. When they all quit, the game hadn't made me care enough to look for more.

It's not my failing if the game doesn't make me care, and I can accept a game isn't for me. This whole thread is about people wanting to change a game that isn't for them.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    Let's say WOW Classic started receiving QOL updates eventually. What aspects from the retail servers would you like to see added to the game, and why?

I'd like to see inventory management like sortable bags. Collection tabs would be nice for mounts and toys (transmog is... debatable but I'd lean toward No on that). Quest tracking would be nice too.
    lmao this is why the private server comunity didn't want the retail babies to have a saying on Classic, they want to turn it into retail once more lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It's called tbc
    People don't want a complete gear reset or new level cap tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Good for you. It didn't happen that way for me. No amount of persuasion is going to change my opinion. It wasn't fun at any point in my play, and I stopped when I realized that. Like I said, I had people to play with. When they all quit, the game hadn't made me care enough to look for more.

It's not my failing if the game doesn't make me care, and I can accept a game isn't for me. This whole thread is about people wanting to change a game that isn't for them.
    You're blaming the game for your experience. You refuse to credit the same game for mine. What you're missing is that you just gave up. That's fine, but that's on you, not the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I don't want a complete gear reset or new level cap tho.
    Fixed that for you

You might not want that, but many do.

You're blaming the game for your experience. You refuse to credit the same game for mine. What you're missing is that you just gave up. That's fine, but that's on you, not the game.
    So you're just telling me my opinion is wrong now? Okay then.

Lemme give you a hint: I don't have the experience if the game doesn't exist, so... yeah, the game is to blame for it not presenting a fun experience to me. I'm allowed to not like a game, believe it or not. I'm not telling you you can't like it. I'm telling you that you have no actual argument and are just throwing a tantrum over someone daring to not like your precious.

7+ Year Old Account
    "You think you do, but you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    You speak too soon. Eventually retail will be in dire state and classic modes will be pulling in bigger numbers. At which point I can foresee that Classic+ will be an option because guess who makes the rules. Not me, not you, not Blizzard but the Investors.

Money Talks.
    Money makes the changes.
    Not to be rude. But currently even with classic doing so well. Bfa is actually bringing in more players.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You might not want that, but many do.
    Then why not just play retail?

Plenty of gear/Progress resets there

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you
    I was just explaining why the awnser to the ”I want more content for classic” is not ”TBC”

What the fuck are the developers going to do? Add some new island with meaningless rep for meaningless gear? Some raids with gear that's weaker than current gear sets? Whether you want TBC or Classic+ you'd end up with the same issue, people want to get stronger, not dabble in the same shit for 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    What the fuck are the developers going to do? Add some new island with meaningless rep for meaningless gear? Some raids with gear that's weaker than current gear sets? Whether you want TBC or Classic+ you'd end up with the same issue, people want to get stronger, not dabble in the same shit for 4 years
    How do classic/TBC/WOTLK private servers live for such s long time if people don’t want to do the same shit forever?

Quote Originally Posted by fohpo View Post
    Power creep was just as bad in vanilla
    Someone should go back to grade school to learn additions.
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    "You think you do, but you don't"
    Must be why the servers are still going more than fine one year after release and anti-Classic trolls still feel the urge to shitpost in the Classic forums.
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-07-27 at 08:15 AM.