Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317109/...d-infographics

I don't know, but this got me annoyed. Yeah you are fucking welcome blizzard, invite more of us then for fuck sake.
    Well aren't you just Merry Sunshine? No one personally told you that you were going to be invited did they? Wait with the rest of us and quit trying to be entitled...jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i hope the people who do get beta actually TEST stuff
    If you're hoping for SL to be good - sure, but if you'd want to get into beta yourself, you should actually hope for the opposite

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    They also said long-time players in good standing would be prioritized. As a 2004 and continuing active subber, I can say this wasn't the case.
    Right there with you. Subbed since Nov 23rd, 2004 with no suspensions and no lapses. Still no invite. I wish Ion would have never said what he did.

Why no giveaways this time? It was my best chance to win a Key
    I Hope it's only for now

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    I have a question for the folks saying they've never gotten into a beta, ever. Well, actually multiple questions.

It's VERY important to be 100% honest. Giving bad data doesn't help anyone.

1) Have you EVER had anything negative with your account? Ban, suspension, warning, anything.
    2) Have you remained subscribed since you first installed the game in 2004?
    3) Did you get the free 10 year statue?

Thanks!
    Who gives a shit when the invite process is random. Even if you were banned many times you may be randomly chosen and invited.

Stop trying to "crack" the code on how to get invited to a beta, when there is none.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it's funny people think that Blizzard has super algorithm to choose perfect people for wave and not just 'random' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashildr View Post
    Why no giveaways this time? It was my best chance to win a Key
    I Hope it's only for now

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk
    Giveaways always start closer to release, they have more to do with expac promotion than testing.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-07-28 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    I just got invited, like 2 minutes ago. Anyone else?

EDIT:
    US
    Subbed
    SL has been pre-ordered since day one

I've been playing since beta Vanilla, and have gotten in every beta since then. Not trying to brag, just give an idea of my history with WoW.
    It went out to almost every player who had cutting edge since June I think

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Well aren't you just Merry Sunshine? No one personally told you that you were going to be invited did they? Wait with the rest of us and quit trying to be entitled...jesus.
    Hehe, don't be so serious man, it's all in good faith

Give beta!

It's all random the beta process, I think we all know this, except the invitations of higher end raiders. Though in all seriousness, if blizzard wants people and really thank them for their help, then invite more people.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-28 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It would make sense that those who are subbed get the opportunity to be in the beta over those who aren't. I wish you luck and hope you get a beta invite.
    Why would that make sense? They already have the money of people who are subbed, they want the money of people who aren't.

Been subbed since 2005. Never got a single alpha/beta in my life.
    So I don't expect it this time as well.
    Very unlucky or blizz just hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerion922 View Post
    Been subbed since 2005. Never got a single alpha/beta in my life.
    So I don't expect it this time as well.
    Very unlucky or blizz just hates me.
    same
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Who gives a shit when the invite process is random. Even if you were banned many times you may be randomly chosen and invited.

Stop trying to "crack" the code on how to get invited to a beta, when there is none.
    It's not entirely random. This is what Blizzard did to decide the first waves:

"This first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists."

Does this mean that every player who has played WoW since Day 1, has an active account and has never been banned is already in the test? No. I imagine the numbers are still too high for that. But these things do influence selection chances and have done for a long time now.

As the waves get bigger the criteria becomes looser and the waves become bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post

"This first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists."

Does this mean that every player who has played WoW since Day 1, has an active account and has never been banned is already in the test? No. I imagine the numbers are still too high for that. But these things do influence selection chances and have done for a long time now.

As the waves get bigger the criteria becomes looser and the waves become bigger.
    This was for alpha and the pre-beta even realm, not actually beta

That was the beginning of Alpha, which has always been that way. We are in beta now. It is completely random now.There is no influence anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That was the beginning of Alpha, which has always been that way. We are in beta now. It is completely random now.There is no influence anymore.
    We don't actually know if this is the case. We know they used criteria to filter players for the early Alpha invites, so they might still do that to some degree.

Obviously the filters are more loose now, but I don't for a second believe it's ENTIRELY random - Blizzard is aware of how much people want beta invites, and how much it can spark hype for the game. Making it entirely random would be to willingly risk added revenue just to chance.

i´m playing since the first month of WoW release (in EU), were always subbed and never suspendet.
    And still got no Beta invite, so...I think blizz is just choosing randomly who gets Beta invite.

If you get it congrats if you dont then enjoy it even more when its live. I mean its not that big if you dont get invited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    It went out to almost every player who had cutting edge since June I think
    I don't have cutting edge. I'm not a raider. I don't even have Ahead of the Curve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

How about...oh...I dunno...you not tell people what to do because you're a cynical jerk?

Back when I was playing, I got in to exactly 1 beta. The first annual pass gave us Mists beta access IIRC. I agreed to the annual pass.

What a let down the annual pass was xD Everything broke completely.