In Need of Troll/Loa Knowledge

I've got a Zandalari 'Stormbinder' one of the ones who went with Zul to the Isle of Thunder, yada yada. So he's empowered by the storm but I've had issues with finding him a Loa. Naturally one would Assume Akunda, but for starters, I ain't renaming him "Akunda" anything, that just looks awful. My biggest issue with Akunda is that he's a bit of a pansy-ass. He's more of a healer/gentle loa and my Zandalari is anything but. He's more the 'fury' of the storm than the gentle rain that washes away the pain and suffering. I suppose I could use Shango, but they seem to be more of a Darkspear thing and I don't really know if they'd be considered a 'lesser' Loa in Zandalari eyes, I can only assume as much seeing as how haughty they are. Maybe Pa'ku? She's air related but nothing really about storms.

Sethraliss I suppose is another option but she's more specifically lightning.. I really don't know. Any help/perspective would be greatly appreciated.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

I would say pa'ku.
    Shango is a shadowhunter loa afaik.

There's one involved in Ardenweald during Shadowlands apparently.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Akunda IS the loa of storms. So he's your best pick if that's what you want to focus on

As you mentioned, the other options are Sethraliss or Shango, Sethraliss probably being more accepted within Zandalari society (And the one we actually see)
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well Akunda IS the loa of storms. So he's your best pick if that's what you want to focus on

As you mentioned, the other options are Sethraliss or Shango, Sethraliss probably being more accepted within Zandalari society (And the one we actually see)
    He is the Loa of Storms but he unfortunately comes off as strictly a healer. Doesn't possess the prowess of Loas like Pa'ku, Kimbul, or Gonk. As far as I know Loa empower their followers, would a Loa dedicated to harmony and healing really accept a follower that's more "Storm's Wrath" vs "Peace and Healing" ?
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Akunda doesn't require his followers be named "Akunda," that was a device of the Zandalari heretic who was imprisoning him, only known in-game as "Akunda the Exalted." The misuse of Akunda's power and the need to hide his misdeeds was what made him invoke amnesia in his followers. Akunda's power can be both offensive and defensive, and I think it would be fine to have a character who incarnated the offensive aspect of Akunda over the more passive one (also makes sense for a follower of Zul).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Akunda doesn't require his followers be named "Akunda," that was a device of the Zandalari heretic who was imprisoning him, only known in-game as "Akunda the Exalted." The misuse of Akunda's power and the need to hide his misdeeds was what made him invoke amnesia in his followers. Akunda's power can be both offensive and defensive, and I think it would be fine to have a character who incarnated the offensive aspect of Akunda over the more passive one (also makes sense for a follower of Zul).
    Thanks for the insight. This is the stuff I was looking for. That said, he really wasn't a die-hard Zul follower so much as a person who sought out power and Zul just happened to provide a way of doing so.
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Thanks for the insight. This is the stuff I was looking for. That said, he really wasn't a die-hard Zul follower so much as a person who sought out power and Zul just happened to provide a way of doing so.
    Either way, I think those who favor offensive power over the more nurturing aspect would be more susceptible to Zul's messaging (and more interesting to Zul specifically) - then you can play it with said character being disillusioned by Zul upon finding out his true agenda. Many Zandalari bought into Zul's charisma and the urgency of his predictions, only to be disillusioned later like Dockmaster Cobo in Zuldazar. To quote Cobo: "He was wrong. Oh dere was damage, but Zul fled, with our fleet, and started a few wars. Those of us who stayed, endured. We rebuilt. Because DAT is what it means to be Zandalari."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I don't think that guy was a Zul follower, I think he was just a power hungry troll.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Either way, I think those who favor offensive power over the more nurturing aspect would be more susceptible to Zul's messaging (and more interesting to Zul specifically) - then you can play it with said character being disillusioned by Zul upon finding out his true agenda. Many Zandalari bought into Zul's charisma and the urgency of his predictions, only to be disillusioned later like Dockmaster Cobo in Zuldazar. To quote Cobo: "He was wrong. Oh dere was damage, but Zul fled, with our fleet, and started a few wars. Those of us who stayed, endured. We rebuilt. Because DAT is what it means to be Zandalari."
    Okay, thanks for the help. A part of me was hoping that some would say Akunda can be more than just the healer loa. And yeah, the rest of that checks out as well. =D
    Varok Saurfang

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Loa aren't color coded, and their followers can be of any class - especially if it's the player character doing de following.

If I were to role-play as your character, I would be a devout of Eraka no Kimbul.

"Kimbul be fierce, Kimbul be quick.
    His claws be sharp much like his wit.

Kimbul prowls, he will endure.
    His focus locked, his footing sure.
    Suffer fools - Kimbul does not,
    His mind be strong, his temper hot.

Once ya earn dis loa's trust,
    His force be yours, his will be just.
    He accepts only de best.
    If ya got what it takes, be put to da test!
    "

7+ Year Old Account
    He is the Loa of Storms but he unfortunately comes off as strictly a healer. Doesn't possess the prowess of Loas like Pa'ku, Kimbul, or Gonk. As far as I know Loa empower their followers, would a Loa dedicated to harmony and healing really accept a follower that's more "Storm's Wrath" vs "Peace and Healing" ?
    Akunda commands the storms. That's his main thing.
    His blessing on his shrines gives you a lightning attack and even flowers with electric chargers are named after Akunda

The whole healing thing seems more of a game mechanic for the playable Zandalari as his only "healing" shown was helping his followers to forget painful memories

Akunda brings de lightning,
    Akunda brings de thunder.
    De faithless be afraid,
    De brave be full of wonder.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    I've got a Zandalari 'Stormbinder' one of the ones who went with Zul to the Isle of Thunder, yada yada. So he's empowered by the storm but I've had issues with finding him a Loa. Naturally one would Assume Akunda, but for starters, I ain't renaming him "Akunda" anything, that just looks awful. My biggest issue with Akunda is that he's a bit of a pansy-ass. He's more of a healer/gentle loa and my Zandalari is anything but. He's more the 'fury' of the storm than the gentle rain that washes away the pain and suffering. I suppose I could use Shango, but they seem to be more of a Darkspear thing and I don't really know if they'd be considered a 'lesser' Loa in Zandalari eyes, I can only assume as much seeing as how haughty they are. Maybe Pa'ku? She's air related but nothing really about storms.

Sethraliss I suppose is another option but she's more specifically lightning.. I really don't know. Any help/perspective would be greatly appreciated.
    I think the whole 'naming yourself after Akunda' thing was something that only a small cult at his temple was doing.

There's Sethraliss too, but she's more of a Sethrak Loa. I don't see a problem with a Zandalari worshipping her though

Loa don't really seem to be class restricted either, which is a good thing imo
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'd say look at the Conclave of the chosen boss in the dungeon journal in Battle of Dazar'alor - Akunda's Aspect isn't doing any healing and as others have said, taking the name Akunda was just because of Akunda's exalted plot, they go back to their normal names when the quest chain is completed.

Akunda
    Akunda's Aspect
    Thundering Storm — Conjures lightning, inflicting Nature damage to all enemies within 10 yards.
    Wind Wipe — At full energy, wipes the mind of random enemies, causing them to forget their abilities for 30 sec.
    Akunda Important
    Akunda's Wrath — Akunda electrifies random enemies that explode after 6 sec, inflicting Nature damage to all players within 5 yards. In addition, when Akunda's Wrath expires, it creates Static Orbs that radiate outwards.
    Static Orb — Touching a Static Orb inflicts Nature damage and stuns the target for 2 sec.

I mean, when you take his blessing from the shrine, it literally gives you a power that smites people with lightning.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I mean, when you take his blessing from the shrine, it literally gives you a power that smites people with lightning.
    Yeah, but if you use the Zandalari racial to get his boon, you get a different version, which is designed for healing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I should note that Zandalari are a bit unique with their religion in that they bargain with their gods, and only the priests are directly subservient to them. You can bargain for Akunda's power without exactly commiting to his teachings.

Although if you are interested in being a more devout troll, there are other options. Lesser loa aren't really lesser in the terms you are thinking. It's more that they are specific loa as upposed to the more broad aspects that the greater loa represent. May I suggest Zanza? Especially if your troll is an enchanter. He is a very prideful loa who thinks Zandalar magic is the best.

If you are determined to stick with one of the major loa that have shrines, you could always go with Bwonsamdi. He is the patron of all Zandalar now, and while not exactly storm related he is happy to help in anyway that makes things more dead than they were before.