Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Angry #NoChanges is truly dead

There is nothing else left to say.

A hotfix was applied last week that made it so the Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item would no longer generate threat. We made this change because in patch 1.12, dropping this item applied a buff to everybody in range of the item, and since buffs generate threat by default, it could be used to trivialize the threat mechanics in many encounters. We don’t believe this was an intended effect and this was a case where the impact was extreme enough to warrant the change.

Another notable reason for the change is that this item is not a quest reward, but item used as part of the mechanics to complete a quest, which is then removed when the quest is complete. We want quest completion to be a rewarding experience, and not feel like a mistake.
    If before they labeled these as fixes, now they are not even hiding that this is a CHANGE.
    GG Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post

I suspect there is, in fact, a lot left to say. And from you.

Hooray? Now remove world buffs from raids too, plz.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I suspect there is, in fact, a lot left to say. And from you.
    I like how blizzard say they want as close to vanilla as possible and then they start making changes to make it unvanilla like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Unfortunately for #NoChanges to work is if the playerbase was the same as it was as well. It's not and thus changes are required so people dont abuse loopholes very very few were aware of else it'll destroy what the majority want - a balanced fun musuem exhibit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

No changes were dead as soon as they let 3 times more players than back in the days on the servers.

If before they labeled these as fixes, now they are not even hiding that this is a CHANGE.
    GG Blizzard
    oh look, someone is crying because they fixed something that was an actual bug. Do you need me to get you more tissues?

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Unfortunately for #NoChanges to work is if the playerbase was the same as it was as well. It's not and thus changes are required so people dont abuse loopholes very very few were aware of else it'll destroy what the majority want - a balanced fun musuem exhibit.
    The one thing Classic isn't is balanced. Making changes in the name of balance is anti vanilla. It is irrelevant who the audience is, if this was a museum piece as blizzard has claimed then there wouldn't be so many changes. At this point you might as well give paladins taunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The #NoChange crowd should be renamed the #GriefersExploiters crowd

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I've never actually heard Blizz preach No Changes. I've only ever heard them say that they are aiming to keep things in the spirit of the original Vanilla.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    oh look, someone is crying because they fixed something that was an actual bug. Do you need me to get you more tissues?
    A bug? No, this isnt a bug - in any way AT ALL. It is 100% a change, they even said so multiple times. Its a Change - stop calling changes fixes, its getting embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

GG Blizzard
    pretty sure this was a bug LOL

Imagine tho, that people think CLASSIC is a replica of Vanilla You know, internet connection ALONE back then would of made people quit the game compared to people thinking they even understand what it was like back then

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Blizzard themselves just admitted it was a change and not a bug fix. I don't even what you're trying to say here.

Imagine crying about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No changes were dead as soon as they let 3 times more players than back in the days on the servers.
    Best case scenario has been 3x more players. Some servers are closer to 10x as crowded...

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    pretty sure this was a bug LOL

Imagine tho, that people think CLASSIC is a replica of Vanilla You know, internet connection ALONE back then would of made people quit the game compared to people thinking they even understand what it was like back then
    What was the bug? Everything worked as intended, and blizzard themselves have called it a change - they use that specific word multiple times in their post.

It was simply used in a scenario they hadnt thought of - thats not a bug - the quest worked as intended, the item worked as intended, and players used that to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    This. You can't have the Vanilla experience, because a vast majority of that experience was not know what was going on. We now have a decade and a half worth of knowledge into this game. Top it off with plenty of people experimenting with the intricacies of Vanilla (via private servers and whatnot), Classic was destined to be a vastly different entity. Changes like this have no impact on the spirit of Vanilla. I feel like people are mad just for the sake of being mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    This so much, having to do chores before a raid sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What was the bug? Everything worked as intended, and blizzard themselves have called it a change - they use that specific word multiple times in their post.

It was simply used in a scenario they hadnt thought of - thats not a bug - the quest worked as intended, the item worked as intended, and players used that to their advantage.
    If you follow this logic, any code ever written that actually executes, is intended.

It literally does what you wrote it to do. You told the machine to do a thing, and it did it, just like you said.

Unforseen consequences occuring in your software because you didn't think everything through is what bugs are.

This item was never intended to be used to hold aggro, but nobody remembered to put that into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Just raid without them? My guild (top 10 guild on server) raids without buffs when there isn't DMF, then we push with buffs in DMF weeks. Makes it a bit more relaxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore