Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ok, now I need a glyph to remove shadowform visuals and I'm complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So shadow gets to trade it’s unique playstyle for a generic flat damage cooldown?

Does it get any more boring?
    agreed. it feels like they just said "too hard to figure out, time to make it a regular damage increase cooldown, have fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Really.....?

After they specifically said that Shadow changes are currently being discussed and are definitely coming months ago?
    Wut? Definitely coming months ago?

They specifically tried the lazy band-aid fix first with DP and when that didn't placate the masses only when that blew up in their face spectacularly then did they make those real changes.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

They specifically tried the lazy band-aid fix first with DP and when that didn't placate the masses only when that blew up in their face spectacularly then did they make those real changes.
    In one of the earlier interviews from Preach, around the start of Alpha, Preach asked them if there are any plans for Shadow changes and they explicitly said that it is being talked about actively, but just nothing to announce at the moment. Start of alpha was months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Would you rather broken? It's too early to say it's boring. You haven't even tried it nor is there any footage.
    They say that playstyle stil exists with a talent too, so stop the drama until you know how it all feels.
    How was it 'broken'? And the playstyle doesn't really exist anymore since they're removing Insanity generation from some major abilities like SW: D.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So, I don't have much room to talk with, as I haven't (yet) got to end game with Spriest on retail, but Voidform has been very clunky on dungeon bosses (I mention them like that because mobs outside that don't live long enough to make Voidform feel as intended). It's cool in concept, but becomes clunky and makes you feel bad for not being in Voidform, given how often you end up using it.

I agree with Blizzard's statements about it, and turning it into a CD will help make Voidform more impactful
    At low level you don't have the haste to make it feel how it's supposed to. Also, it's just not a very good dungeon spec (not to mention at low level things die way too quickly, you see the same problem with Aff Lock).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really.....?

After they specifically said that Shadow changes are currently being discussed and are definitely coming months ago?
    No one expected this much tbh... don't be that guy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-05 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Shadows unique playstyle destroyed because low skilled people can't handle the insanity mechanic. xD
    nope,it simply is a fundamentaly flawed mecanic,rewarding good play is always good,but when good play is rewarded by doing double dps than the nr 2,we have a problem,so blizzard ofc nerfed it,and after nerf it became just awakward

also its simply not fun to manage it,raiding it was ok but doing anything outside raiding with it was simply clunky...when you get to a point where BOTH YOUR HEALS SPECS perform better dmg wise in the outdoor....you dun fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

It was not hard to balance as it was it was impossible. It either is useless for the bulk of play and totally over the top strong in raids or strong in the bulk of the play and totally totally OP in raiding. With something like this the top level raiders will abuse the mechanic so bad they will have to balance the class accordingly which makes it play like hot garbage for everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    agreed. it feels like they just said "too hard to figure out, time to make it a regular damage increase cooldown, have fun!"
    And the idiots eat it as if its the nectar from the gods, don't you see everyone applauding them? We will never have SP from Legion again, it was fun while it lasted, at least I have the memories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    nope,it simply is a fundamentaly flawed mecanic,rewarding good play is always good,but when good play is rewarded by doing double dps than the nr 2,we have a problem,so blizzard ofc nerfed it,and after nerf it became just awakward

also its simply not fun to manage it,raiding it was ok but doing anything outside raiding with it was simply clunky...when you get to a point where BOTH YOUR HEALS SPECS perform better dmg wise in the outdoor....you dun fucked up
    SP was clunky on low keys, which tbh is a minor issue because it was competitive on high keys due to mobs having a lot of HP. The problem in BfA is not related to priest's damage profile, all casters are bad in high m+ on bfa, its not a problem with the class, but with the game.

Voidform is probably one of the most unique playstyles in the game atm, you don't just switch to SP and play it like every other class, you need to learn its quirks, that mastery is what makes the class good, this just makes SP another general class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    And the idiots eat it as if its the nectar from the gods, don't you see everyone applauding them? We will never have SP from Legion again, it was fun while it lasted, at least I have the memories.

- - - Updated - - -

SP was clunky on low keys, which tbh is a minor issue because it was competitive on high keys due to mobs having a lot of HP. The problem in BfA is not related to priest's damage profile, all casters are bad in high m+ on bfa, its not a problem with the class, but with the game.

Voidform is probably one of the most unique playstyles in the game atm, you don't just switch to SP and play it like every other class, you need to learn its quirks, that mastery is what makes the class good, this just makes SP another general class.
    Wile voidform is gr8 when its able to shine and sounds cool on paper,ultimately it just ends up feeling limiting,i simply dont enjoy it outside of those scenarios where it can truly shine,it felt good in early legion to wipe the floor with everyone else dps wise on some encounters

but anytime you wanted to just play more chill and relaxed and not like an energizer bunny on steroids that would implode the moment i blink...it was lackluster,in wod you had more versatility

i honestly miss the cata version most,tbc's mana battery was also cool,even if you didnt outdps anyone you knew you were a pillar of that group similar to a shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No one expected this much tbh... don't be that guy.
    What are you talking about? They explicitly SAID that there will be changes. Don't be that guy, please?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Wile voidform is gr8 when its able to shine and sounds cool on paper,ultimately it just ends up feeling limiting,i simply dont enjoy it outside of those scenarios where it can truly shine,it felt good in early legion to wipe the floor with everyone else dps wise on some encounters

but anytime you wanted to just play more chill and relaxed and not like an energizer bunny on steroids that would implode the moment i blink...it was lackluster,in wod you had more versatility

i honestly miss the cata version most,tbc's mana battery was also cool,even if you didnt outdps anyone you knew you were a pillar of that group similar to a shaman
    If you are not doing top content you don't have to execute your kit at peak performance, its alright to just chill and click the buttons, but you are pushing a high m+ or progress boss you should go all out. I don't mean that the class should be extremelly hard to play, it wasn't, there's a difference between something difficult, and something that just takes time to learn. I am completely against them making shadow priest super difficult, that should be something reserved for a spec from a class with 3 dps specs, not one who only has 1 dps spec. A deep mastery is something else entirely, as a SP you had to learn how to manage the sanity drain, thats a skill that no other class checks, and only learn how to properly manage the cooldowns and saity after playing the class for a while, its not super dificult but it takes practice, thats good design by my book.

I am afraid that this new version took that out of the spec, but we shall see.

These changes are great! Now shadow just needs a couple glyphs for shadow versions of PWS and levitate.

As veteran player and long lover of Priests, I'm seriously happy about most of these changes.

Mind consuming rotations are no good for a game looking for new players to prevent the genre from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Shadows unique playstyle destroyed because low skilled people can't handle the insanity mechanic. xD
    When you are so far off the mark people literally ignore you :/

Go back to lfr and pushing your weekly m0 mate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That playstyle is still there for you to "enjoy".

Meanwhile the rest of us shadowpriests who actually play the class(wink wink) welcome these changes and they are what the largest part of the community asked for.

Aaaayyyyyeeee. As a priest, I welcome trying these changes! They might need some numbers tweaking, but this is what we've been suggesting for a while. Liking it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    How was it 'broken'? And the playstyle doesn't really exist anymore since they're removing Insanity generation from some major abilities like SW: D.

- - - Updated - - -

At low level you don't have the haste to make it feel how it's supposed to. Also, it's just not a very good dungeon spec (not to mention at low level things die way too quickly, you see the same problem with Aff Lock).
    We need to explode DH feedback in their faces too then.

Looks like im gonna stay priest after all

Kind of gives me hope for SV getting some redesign and better synergy as melee. Back to the topic at hand, these changes seem nice and might make me play Spriest instead of Lock next xpac for my alt character.

What are you talking about? They explicitly SAID that there will be changes. Don't be that guy, please?
    Dude who cares what they've said? Sure, there have been hints that they are working on it but it could've been similiar to what they did in BfA 8.1, instead we've got a pretty huge rework because it fundamentally changes the gameplay and class.
    Maybe the guy didn't see the messages from Ion that they were looking into. What is the point in being a dick and calling any1 (implicitly) an idiot for not being well informed about upcoming beta changes. Let the people be excited, if they didn't know it was coming it was unexpected for them and there is 0 fucking problem with that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    When you are so far off the mark people literally ignore you :/

Go back to lfr and pushing your weekly m0 mate

- - - Updated - - -

That playstyle is still there for you to "enjoy".

Meanwhile the rest of us shadowpriests who actually play the class(wink wink) welcome these changes and they are what the largest part of the community asked for.
    Well I switched to shadow in legion when they reworked the class and stopped playing it in bfa where most of legion's perks were removed. I haven't polled the community about what they want, and people are always louder when they're asking for something compared to when they're content or happy.

I'm really sad about killing a niche unique fun playstyle tho, because it's not "there for you to enjoy" anymore with the removal of haste (and mass hysteria/Chorus of insanity) stacking during VF. Now LotV is just a simple extend your cooldown that many other classes have.

I saw a lot of people wanting to go back to the version of shadow they enjoyed, but to be honest (for me) the legion iteration was the most unique and crazy thing wow had so far and I'm going to miss it 100%.