Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Rangers due to the prominence of Sylvanas.

Necromancers due to theme of the expansion itself.

The fact that neither appeared in Shadowlands pretty much ends their chances of becoming classes in WoW. Probably because Death Knights are Necromancers, and Dark Rangers are just Forsaken Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I was really expecting tinker in battle for azeroth. I suppose necromancer for SL would've made sense as well.
    Yeah, in a post-Mechagon world, it's incredibly unlikely that they'll ever get much spotlight again. Tinkers will never be thematically relevant.

I don't really know what class would work well given wow already has 36 specs doesn't it?

There isn't many niches left to cover without just making clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I always felt that the best way would be to do it as a class skin enabled through Engineering. Techmage letting mages cast their spells using guns, Beastmaster/Survival using mechanical pets, traps and turrets, perhaps a warrior that uses reskinned warrior abilities in a mech with rage changing to pyrite.
    You can essentially do that with Hunter and Warrior already. Play a goblin, gnome or mechagnone and get the right transmog and take the right talenta. Boom, Tinker.

I'd rather they fix the ones they have tbh... Monk is only the class added before last and it struggles to find a place in the game.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what would match well with Shadowlands, but in the future I would love to see a fully void-based class.
    - Dare not to sleep -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I always felt that the best way would be to do it as a class skin enabled through Engineering. Techmage letting mages cast their spells using guns, Beastmaster/Survival using mechanical pets, traps and turrets, perhaps a warrior that uses reskinned warrior abilities in a mech with rage changing to pyrite.
    The problem is that we have established Tinker abilities. Reskinning existing classes won't work for how Blizzard has established the Tinker in multiple games. So unless Blizzard has completely abandoned the idea of the Tinker class (given what we saw in BFA that's very doubtful) you're looking at a full blown Tinker class in the near future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Tinker is that we have tinkered Tinker tinkers. Reskinning existing tinkers won't tink for how Blizzard has tinkered the Tinker in multiple tinkerendo. So unless Tinkers has completely tinker of brain the tink of the Tinker class (given what Tinker saw in Tinkerland that's very doubtful) you're looking at a full blown Tinker class in the near Tinkerlando.

Fixed it for you, but then dont ask "Why people hate me or my tinker concept" since you derailing a thread just to push goal post into 9999 posts about tinker.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-08-04 at 04:15 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

Fixed it for you, but then dont ask "Why people hate me or my tinker concept" since you derailing a thread just to push goal post into 9999 posts about tinker.
    Well, the Tinker isn't my concept, it's Blizzard's.
    https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/heroes/gazlowe/
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

5+ Year Old Account
    Why do i feel like yours wet dreams looks like this :

Now image whole raid of lolis(big mechs that block vision).
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, so what's the problem? We have mechs in WoW right now, and I seriously doubt anyone would have issue with a class utilizing that aspect of the game.

@cocomen2
    That video made me realize that Peni Parker from Spider-Verse is basically a Tinker. Maybe that's why she was my favorite character in that movie.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Rangers due to the prominence of Sylvanas.

Necromancers due to theme of the expansion itself.

The fact that neither appeared in Shadowlands pretty much ends their chances of becoming classes in WoW. Probably because Death Knights are Necromancers, and Dark Rangers are just Forsaken Hunters.
    And Demon hunters are just a rogue and warlock mixed together.. oo wait.

Sorry I had to be that guy, but it doesn't prove anything, if they want they can still do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    And Demon hunters are just a rogue and warlock mixed together.. oo wait.

Sorry I had to be that guy, but it doesn't prove anything, if they want they can still do it.
    True, but they'll be shallow retreads of existing classes (like the DH), and will no doubt have to take abilities away from existing classes.

Dayum that looks cool. Definitely best option for next class if we get something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dayum that looks cool. Definitely best option for next class if we get something like this.
    LoL! Exactly what I was thinking. If that was supposed to make someone think a mech in a MMO is a terrible idea, it failed.

Necromancer or Dark Ranger

necromancer due to the theme, Dark Ranger due to Sylvanas betrayal leading to defection.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, but they'll be shallow retreads of existing classes (like the DH), and will no doubt have to take abilities away from existing classes.
    I dont think its always a bad thing.. death coil always was a dk spell.. but vanilla didnt had dks.. so I thought it was a good move to change name for warlocks and give the iconic warcraft 3 skill to dks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Necromancer
    Specs:
    Palemaster: Healer spec. Heals through damage by syphoning the life force force of enemies. Able to place a sort of HoT on friendly players lasting 30 mins buff your leech stat by X amount.
    Dreadmaster: Ranged tank. Tanks with a Shadow of itself. It and the Shadowmirror share health. It allows the caster to enter the realm of shadow (so the user doesn't need to avoid mechanics of both it and the shadowmirror). The caster is immune to damage in the shadow realm.
    Crypt keeper: Ranged undead minion commander. Think Necromancer in D2.
    heal and tank spec for necromancer?No thanks.better 3 dps specs.