Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Which M+ you're trying to avoid, and which ones do you prefer?

I personally hate operation mechagon and a bunch of others, more details in the video below.

Which m+ dungeons are your go-to choices and why?

https://youtu.be/6aLtrRvry8E
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-08-07 at 05:41 AM.

watching the hpally in low level M+ is painful. at no point does he play hpally right.

I don't do Junkyard at all. That place is BFA's seat of the triumvirate to me. Also don't like Tol Dagor, no room to move.

Freehold and Shrine of the Storm are the best. Nice themes and open spaces.

Tol dagor is the only one I actively avoid, especially on tyranical weeks. Second last boss is such a toss up with pugs, and last boss is not much better.

I actually really like both of the Mechagon dungeons, find them both very easy, only thing with Junkyard is tank really needs to know the route.

I used to dislike mechagons because I thought they were hard (they were pretty difficult on "normal"). Then I learned they are actually among the easiest m+!

Now I don't really dislike any dungeon (BFA dungeons are pretty fantastic imo), but my pugs struggle with tyrranical shrine, so I kinda try to avoid it on those weeks (2k+ Rio pugs dying to surgical rush and cleave on 2nd boss, SMH)

Not gonna watch the video, but I'll answer the question, as someone who generally does a 10+ PuG per class per week.

Sethraliss: Prefer; it's probably the one I run the most tbh. It's not too bad on most affixes, although the bazaar can be hell on Necrotic
    Underrot: Fairly neutral- slight avoid on Tyrannical week since all three bosses can get pretty hairy
    Atal'Dazar: Prefer, although Grievous and Teeming are pretty awful there compared to the rest of the affixes.
    King's Rest: Slight prefer, though it does have its rough spots. You goofed and Minions of Zul bolstered mobs? Eeeew. The Emblaming Fluid room? Not fun on multiple affixes. Luckily, most of the bridge before the Council is skippable with obelisks.
    MOTHERLODE: Prefer, especially since some of the nastiest trash can be skipped with obelisks.
    Shrine of the Storm: I LOVE the place visually and thematically, but definite avoid. Both Fort and Tyrannical weeks have their own aggravations. There are so many pulls near the beginning that can get out of hand and end up with adds, and it sucks on many affixes (particularly Bolstering, Bursting, Sanguine, and Explosive if you aren't careful). It's a little better with obelisks, but still...
    Waycrest: Slight avoid. Despite having been there dozens of times, it still confuses me, and I never feel I can really navigate confidently. Fortified week I think is worse, especially with the way extra packs can get pulled (although healing the Witch Council on Tyrannical is demanding). Sanguine, Bursting, and Bolstering can all be rough here. Super cool dungeon, though. The whole "spooky haunted manor" vibe is spot on.
    Freehold: Generally prefer on Fortified weeks, slight avoid on Tyrannical week depending on which class I'm on. Every boss is easier on high mobility classes, particularly if Eudora is up that week.
    Siege of Boralus: Avoid- not because any part of it is particularly hard, but in my experience it just seems to be the dungeon where the group falls apart the easiest. It's been one of those places which is either smooth or utterly awful, and there's not a lot in between those.
    Tol Dagor: Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Bomb it with a mana-bomb. Doubly so on Tyrannical. The third boss alone makes it my least favorite dungeon.
    Junkyard: Neutral to slight prefer. Obelisks on top of rotating first/second/third boss makes trash more confusing/convoluted, but overall it's not too punishing imo on any particular affix. That first Explosive week, when Gobbamak's adds spawned explosives, though...
    Workshop: Slight prefer. There's barely any trash, and the worst pack is skippable with an obelisk anyway, as is the stealth passage. The annoying conveyor belt is still there in M+ though, which is annoying.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Not gonna watch the video, but I'll answer the question, as someone who generally does a 10+ PuG per class per week.

Sethraliss: Prefer; it's probably the one I run the most tbh. It's not too bad on most affixes, although the bazaar can be hell on Necrotic
    Underrot: Fairly neutral- slight avoid on Tyrannical week since all three bosses can get pretty hairy
    Atal'Dazar: Prefer, although Grievous and Teeming are pretty awful there compared to the rest of the affixes.
    King's Rest: Slight prefer, though it does have its rough spots. You goofed and Minions of Zul bolstered mobs? Eeeew. The Emblaming Fluid room? Not fun on multiple affixes. Luckily, most of the bridge before the Council is skippable with obelisks.
    MOTHERLODE: Prefer, especially since some of the nastiest trash can be skipped with obelisks.
    Shrine of the Storm: I LOVE the place visually and thematically, but definite avoid. Both Fort and Tyrannical weeks have their own aggravations. There are so many pulls near the beginning that can get out of hand and end up with adds, and it sucks on many affixes (particularly Bolstering, Bursting, Sanguine, and Explosive if you aren't careful). It's a little better with obelisks, but still...
    Waycrest: Slight avoid. Despite having been there dozens of times, it still confuses me, and I never feel I can really navigate confidently. Fortified week I think is worse, especially with the way extra packs can get pulled (although healing the Witch Council on Tyrannical is demanding). Sanguine, Bursting, and Bolstering can all be rough here. Super cool dungeon, though. The whole "spooky haunted manor" vibe is spot on.
    Freehold: Generally prefer on Fortified weeks, slight avoid on Tyrannical week depending on which class I'm on. Every boss is easier on high mobility classes, particularly if Eudora is up that week.
    Siege of Boralus: Avoid- not because any part of it is particularly hard, but in my experience it just seems to be the dungeon where the group falls apart the easiest. It's been one of those places which is either smooth or utterly awful, and there's not a lot in between those.
    Tol Dagor: Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Bomb it with a mana-bomb. Doubly so on Tyrannical. The third boss alone makes it my least favorite dungeon.
    Junkyard: Neutral to slight prefer. Obelisks on top of rotating first/second/third boss makes trash more confusing/convoluted, but overall it's not too punishing imo on any particular affix. That first Explosive week, when Gobbamak's adds spawned explosives, though...
    Workshop: Slight prefer. There's barely any trash, and the worst pack is skippable with an obelisk anyway, as is the stealth passage. The annoying conveyor belt is still there in M+ though, which is annoying.
    I can absolutely, 100% agree with your assessment.

Tol Dagor and SotS are complete cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    My definitive ranking:

1. Waycrest - atmospherically, it is a really cool dungeon. It reminds me of Disney's Haunted Mansion. It's an easier one with a generous timer, but there's enough challenge there on both Fort and Tyrannical to at least make it engaging rather than boring. Has consistently been high on my list every season.
    2. King's Rest - another place that is just very neat looking. I like the bosses, I think trash is mostly interesting, and the place has challenges on both Fortified and Tyrannical weeks, but also has a pretty generous timer. Season 2 Reaping timings were fucking terrible here but otherwise it is high on my list.
    3. Temple of Sethraliss - Pretty straightforward, easy dungeon with just enough gimmick to the place to make it novel but not annoying. It has sneks.
    4. The Underrot - One of the harder instances for me on Tyrannical weeks as a resto shaman, but I still think the instance is cool, enough that I'd look forward to doing it on most Fortified weeks. The first boss is forgettable garbage but the rest of both the trash and the bosses are interesting and challenging. However, it is a very punishing instance to run if you have anyone in the party who doesn't know it really well. Contains cute critters also.
    5. Workshop - The better half of Mechagon. Not a lot to say here; it is fine and kinda fun.

Apathetic
    6. Motherlode - Pretty straightforward and simple on all affixes. I feel like I have the most familiarity with ML over all dungeons. The only reason it's not on the "like" list is honestly because I'm a little sick of it, but it's a pretty good dungeon in terms of design.
    7. Freehold - It's easy, but pretty unremarkable in every way. Other than the arena boss, all these bosses are totally forgettable. Mostly easy trash. I hated it more in prior seasons where we had to do the first section of trash with the parrot shit because the emote all through the trash really grated on me, so I guess the one thing it has going for it now is that I don't have to hear it thanks to obelisk skipping.
    8. Junkyard - Too much annoying trash, too much of a winding route, and the whole place just feels too long. The buff bots provide an interesting mechanic but also feel unnecessarily punishing if anyone happens to die and lose the buff.

Dislike
    9. Atal'Dazar - One of my favourite dungeons early on, but over the course of the expansion has sunk down to my dislike list. Aside from just being tired of it, I HATE the pillar placements. I don't care if they allow you to skip some shitty trash, I had the running all over the fucking place paths you have to take for it.
    10. Shrine of the Storm - My least favourite for most earlier seasons has been overtaken by Tol Dagor and Siege. At least it's got such a generous timer now that it is one of the easier ones (especially this season), but I still find plenty of aspects of both trash and bosses annoying.
    11. Tol Dagor - Nameplates through the ceiling and floor, shitty camera, a huge volume of bugs that still haven't been fixed. The first few floors are so "samey" that I couldn't even tell you how many floors there are. Also, I hate the first boss so much. Last boss is hard on Tyrannical, but at least it's not as annoying like the first.
    12. Siege of Boralus - Tied with TD for worst dungeon. It's really obnoxious on both Fortified and Tyrannical, it feels way too long, last boss is annoying and overly gimmicky, and can be very punishing if even one person in the group isn't super familiar with the place. Hate the bosses, hate the trash, and am sick of it because at least everyone else also wants to avoid TD.

That said, I really enjoy M+ so if a friend is like "hey will you heal a key for me" I will pretty much always say yes, even if it's a place I don't like. Outside of those really brutal runs where everything seems to go wrong or someone is too hard of a carry, I will pretty much have fun anywhere.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-08-07 at 01:55 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    The only dungeon I scowl at is Siege. That place just seems to always be slightly buggy and it drives me fucking nuts.

My favorite, probably, is Temple of Seth. Never seem to have a problem healing in the place regardless of affix, unless the group is completely fucked up, and I like all of the bosses(especially the last one).

Top Tier

1) Freehold - My favorite dungeon of the expansion. I love the pirate theme, this season's pillars have been great, and there really isn't an affix that makes any part horrible. Although sanguine can get annoying near the bridges.
    2) Temple of Sethraliss - Close second. I really like the feel of the dungeon, the orbs/gauntlet is easily the best part of any dungeon, but the traps and annoying elements keep it from #1. Necrotic can be annoying in the orb area, but otherwise it's another easy one.
    3) Junkyard - did not like it at first, but it has grown on me like Karazhan did in Legion. The pillars are nicely placed and the extra bot mechanic makes it fun. The bosses are pretty memorable especially the last one. No really bad affixes here.
    4) Motherlode - There's a big gap between this one and the top three, but isn't bad enough to be mid-tier for me. It feels very 'slow', especially on fortified weeks. Feels like you're going through molasses, and the amount of trash is annoying. It's also not well-paced, so you tend to get close to 100% before the second boss and just skip everything for the last 2. Bolstering can be a bit annoying, but overall no horrible affixes here too.

Mid Tier

5) Waycrest Manor - I really liked this at the start of the expansion, but all the bugs and annoying affixes in the dungeon slowly made me dislike it over the last two years. In my head I consider mid-tier to have two affixes that make the dungeon difficult. The big ones are sanguine and explosive. Sanguine kills mobility and there are large enough groups of enemies that they can drop a 'death' puddle where you die instantly. Explosive orbs will sometimes spawn around corners and through doors, killing you.
    6) Underrot - Lots of annoying packs that prevent grouping, immobile, or with such annoying mechanics you're forced to go slow artificially. Painful in raging and quaking weeks. Pulls are awkward and tight, quaking often results in wipes by accidental aggro. There are a bunch of heavy hitting mobs that raging can wipe a group instantly.
    7) Workshop - I don't really like this dungeon at all. The second boss, trash, and then the conveyor belts are obnoxious. 1st and 3rd bosses are fine, if not annoying. Fourth boss is great and memorable, but the trash leading up to him is some of the worst in the game besides the SotS bridge. Rogues were essentially required outside pillars.

Bottom Tier

8) Atal'Dazar - Bolstering, teeming, bursting, raging, and pillars. I think that says enough.
    9) King's Rest - The mix of trash here makes almost every affix bad. Raging, bursting, bolstering, teeming, necrotic, etc. It is almost as if every 'type' of pack exists, from a small pack with a big baddie in the middle, to large AoE packs, to mixed hp packs, etc. Usually dungeons have a 'theme', like Freehold tends to have pretty even health packs and ToS has 'big bad' packs.
    10) Siege of Boralus - Same issue as KR but magnified with lots of tight, awkward spaces and bad pillar position.
    11) Shrine of the Storm - Same issue as KR/SoB but with the added issue of the bridge which is basically a death sentence outside pillars/rogues. There's also the tentacles before the 3rd boss which can easily wipe you if you get a bad sanguine/quake and pull the other group by accident.
    12) Tol'Dagor - Same issues as KR/SoB/SotS. Lots of bugs, pulling stuff through walls, the cannons, horrible bosses that devastate groups on tyrannical, and more mobs that need interrupts than a group can reasonably do.

If it wasn't for raider.io score, I'd probably never do the bottom 5.

*Format shamelessly stolen from Tziva
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

As someone who tries to get a +15 each week, timed or not: I prefer the two Mechagon dungeons and Sethraliss, mostly because I know the routes for those the best. Workshop and Sethraliss also have the advantage of being very linear, so they're difficult to fuck up, while Junkyard's bots make it pretty easy as long as your group picks them up. Other than that, I'll take Freehold and Underrot over the rest of them.

I avoid Waycrest Manor and King's Rest like the plague. Way too many bad experiences with those dungeons, and Waycrest's route is randomised each time.

Not a huge fan of Motherlode, Shrine of the Storm, Tol Dagor, or Atal'Dazar, for a few reasons, but I'll do them if nothing better comes up. Mixed feelings on Siege of Boralus. On the one hand, it's a fairly linear dungeon that I know decently well through painful experience, on the other hand, it's just a pretty painful dungeon even knowing it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I always go for Atal, no matter the week. Easy, straightforward and fast.

Absolutely 0/5: Tol Dagor with Sanguine, Boralus with Bolster, WCM with Sanguine.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I always go for Atal, no matter the week. Easy, straightforward and fast.
    Double Honor Guard pack says hi.

Just Tol'dagor. Place has been glitchy AF since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I avoid all of them

I prefer to not do Mythic+
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Double Honor Guard pack says hi.
    Iam so glad i can turn one into my pet as a BDK ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Iam so glad i can turn one into my pet as a BDK ^^.
    I wish this was a bit more widely known. I do this when I play my BDK but I've invited at least a dozen BDKs to my groups who don't even know they can use the spell. I've even explained it to them before the dungeon only to have them indignantly refuse to do it because they felt like I was trying to tell them how to play. Or, even more embarrassing, I've had a few of them do it then forget that it has a timer and let it go free in the middle of a particularly difficult pull.

Tier 1: Atal'Dazar, Workshop, Motherlode, Freehold

Tier 2: King's Rest, Temple of Sethraliss, Junkyard, Underbog, Siege of Boralus

Tier 3: Shrine of the Storm, Waycrest Manor

Tier XXX: Tol Dagor

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    I personally hate operation mechagon and a bunch of others, more details in the video below.

Which m+ dungeons are your go-to choices and why?

https://youtu.be/6aLtrRvry8E
    It really depends on the affixes for me. For example, I f***ing hate Tol Dagor or Waycrest Manor on sanguine weeks, or UR/Motherlode on bursting/bolstering weeks. But if there is ONE place I really hate no matter what, that would be Mechagon. It's Seat of the Triumvirate all over again, one of the (imo) most annoying dungeons ever made, as lame as it is massively overrated. My favourite, all in all, would be something like Shrine, with that cool Old God vibe, or Waycrest, because it reminds me a lot of Karazhan, and because I'm a disgusting sucker for all that haunted houses/castles sh1t
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.