Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got mine maybe 10-15 mins ago. Surprised they are coming so late at night, but rock on!

Haven't killed a mythic raid boss since Helya in Legion, even unsubbed for a couple months while waiting for Classic to come. Got @Mail about Shadowlands Beta 5 minutes ago (Friday Aug. 7th- EU). I've been in every single closed 'beta-testing' before Shadowlands though, I don't know if Blizzard have paramiters for who gets invited when (apart from those who are cutting edge raiding, high M+ and high pvp rating being higher than those who aren't) but I didn't have much hope in getting Beta this time around.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

just got the email for the beta... yet no access on the launcher, yay

edit : 1h since the mail, seems more likely to be a fake one
    strange since all the links go to the real webpage, nowhere asking to log, download or validate something
    Last edited by Xeenith; 2020-08-07 at 05:43 AM.

Got mine early this morning (06:45 CEST)
    got an E-Mail aswell.
    always subbed, still subbed, SL preordered.
    I was in all betas since mop, I think.

I specifically did not opt-in for beta and somehow, I got an e-mail exactly an hour ago that says that I am invited to the SL beta... lol. I wish I could give it away but I can't. I guess I'll just play around with the customization options.
    The reason why I didn't opt-in is because I don't want to spoil the story for myself before I even play the actual game. It basically cheapens the experience.

Does anyone else feel like I do? Like about the whole spoiling the story before actually playing the story yourself thing?

AND before anyone asks if the e-mail is a scam, it's not... I see the option for Shadowlands Beta in my launcher in the dropdown menu.

I am at 18 GB remaining but it says it's playable but I'll wait until it fully downloads...

I have bought the Epic edition of Shadowlands though... if that has any effect on eligibility for SL beta.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2020-08-07 at 06:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got mine tonight at about midnight. Wasn't there when I checked earlier this evening, so they're probably rolling the invite wave out gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Does anyone else feel like I do? Like about the whole spoiling the story before actually playing the story yourself thing?
    Yeah, this is generally how I feel about testing unless I get in really early when things are incomplete and busted, in which case everything is still abstracted and unfinished enough that it still feels like a new experience when it launches.

That said, I'm mainly interested in checking out the new customization options and leveling systems. I'm probably not going to spend much time in the Shadowlands content other than maybe max level premades to test and give feedback on how the classes feel.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Being a gladiator or a CE raider early in the patch is usual a pretty solid ticket to a invite early on. You have to remember its a beta not a demo. They are going to try and snag players who can give specialized feedback over a truly pure scattershot.
    Not true. Maybe for like world top 10 or something like that.
    In the past we as a guild had several realm firsts, many gladiators and generally a world rank <200 and frequently participated in testing ecounters on PTR. Hardly any of us ever got beta invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Got mine tonight at about midnight. Wasn't there when I checked earlier this evening, so they're probably rolling the invite wave out gradually.

Yeah, this is generally how I feel about testing unless I get in really early when things are incomplete and busted, in which case everything is still abstracted and unfinished enough that it still feels like a new experience when it launches.

That said, I'm mainly interested in checking out the new customization options and leveling systems. I'm probably not going to spend much time in the Shadowlands content other than maybe max level premades to test and give feedback on how the classes feel.
    Yeah, I am gonna be checking out mainly the customization options... I am doing it right now lol. On to Night Elves now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Cant believe a wave was this late?

I just got one a little after midnight if my email timestamp is correct. I have not played in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I got one today and I main a Shadowpriest since TBC.
    Another Shadowpriest in the guild also got it today.

Feels kind of targeted with the Shadow changes popping up at the same time.
    Coincidence for sure. I also got invited today and Shadow is one of my least played characters.

Got mine early in the morning (6:44 CET) if anyone cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    Have you guys given up hope yet of receiving one?
    Why would I when I just got one?

I suspect this wave will be a bit bigger this time. They may send the invites over a few days so as not to overload the server.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh got invite

Quote Originally Posted by BBellew View Post
    The past few expansions I received a beta invite about two months from release, so like others have said, there's plenty of time left. It's only just started.
    Same for me... even though I almost never play the beta. I usually just log in, check out class changes and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never received a beta invite, for any expansion. Literally never. I don't expect this time to be different.

For the first time ever today I saw the beta email before checking launcher and just went, "welp, thia is a fucking scam'. Checked my launcher some hour later and does seem I actually got invited tonight

5+ Year Old Account
    I got beta today. Yay I guess.

No pre-order. No 12/12 Mythic raider. Definitely no streamer/content creator. Subscribed.

And yeah I got an email too, saying I've been invited.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-08-07 at 09:41 AM.

Can you guys specify when exactly you got invited? Saying "i got invited today" when the e-mail arrived at 1am is technically today but it might be the last wave. Is there a new wave going on RIGHT NOW? Have you received an invite in the last hour? Please be more specific.

Thank you!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kruelio View Post
    Can you guys specify when exactly you got invited? Saying "i got invited today" when the e-mail arrived at 1am is technically today but it might be the last wave. Is there a new wave going on RIGHT NOW? Have you received an invite in the last hour? Please be more specific.

Thank you!
    I received the email 5 hours ago.

6:44 AM, CEST.