Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The restrictions are for each event, not a one time permit and you're free to protest whenever you want. That's why I wrote, "exercising your 2nd amendment right would require a permit each time". There are also charges for protests they have to pay (if they can afford it) because of the clean-up required after the protest. So you'd be ok if every gun-owner would be charged for the damage caused to tax-payers by another gun-owner? (obviously talking about legal activities, not illegal ones) Also, there are restrictions on protesting on the sidewalk.

So if the guidelines changed you'd still be totally ok?

That would be correct, so if you are ok with restrictions on protests you are also ok with restrictions to your right to bear arms, right? If the permit needed to acquire an automatic weapon was expanded to include all firearms you'd be fine with it?
    soo missing what your saying? you need a permit to protest on the sidewalk each time you want to do it? didn't know that.

Gun owners have to pay for background checks and other fee's so you're saying those should be gone too and no taxes for guns.
    *As with the protesters the gun owner that did the damage should pay the bill. unless your saying all protestors should be taxed extra too like gun owners (background fee's CCW fee's and ammo and gun taxes) to pay for damages?

only major restriction I know of on the side walk is not to block people in public but people seem to also get their panties in a bunch on where people are pointing their guns when legally carrying them so I guess there is some restrictions that can be argued on both (in some cities you can't open carry, or in some states there are limits on clips and such you can have so again both have some restrictions)

as long as the guild lines were not put in place by the general public (half would say let everyone just go and the other half would say shoot them) or just the police alone, but medical experts and self-defense experts and security experts.

So your saying you want a permit for all protesting to be put in place interesting? I'm saying I thought it was kinda a good compromise how it is now myself some restrictions on both no right-away protests with out special permits and no Machine guns with out a special permit, but maybe to make it fairer with what your saying they need to take away the CCW permit and let everyone carry concealed for free (more Fee's) since for the most parts you don't need a permit to protest in most places already as long as you don't block or harass people.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-08-07 at 04:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ruger makes some great firearms. You picked a good one.

And yeah, some in this thread have gone off on a tangent and I agree with your feelings about what is happening. Time for the American people to defend themselves and not rely on the authorities to do it.
    I like it, obviously I'm no gun expert or anything. And definitely needed like practice and instruction as guns were not part of my childhood, but its a neat weapon, aesthetically pleasing to look at, and my aim is acceptable. All though several neighbors did come out to laugh at me as I tried to shoot a target on a stump, and my husband made sure I held the thing right.

Not a huge gun person, but they are handy to have especially with the way of the world its prudent to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I like it, obviously I'm no gun expert or anything. And definitely needed like practice and instruction as guns were not part of my childhood, but its a neat weapon, aesthetically pleasing to look at, and my aim is acceptable. All though several neighbors did come out to laugh at me as I tried to shoot a target on a stump, and my husband made sure I held the thing right.

Not a huge gun person, but they are handy to have especially with the way of the world its prudent to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    I've owned a couple Ruger's and they always seemed to be a quality product. (I've had mostly their revolvers though)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I've owned a couple Ruger's and they always seemed to be a quality product. (I've had mostly their revolvers though)
    Hopefully I only ever use it on targets or maybe like if I go hunting or something. But my aim has improved pretty well given I'm a novice with firearms. Hopefully a day never comes where its used to hurt a person, though I tentatively can say I'm as ready as any normal person ever could be for such an awful prospect.

Hunting though does seem awesome, though idk if its one of those things thats forbidden due to the lockdown.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Hopefully I only ever use it on targets or maybe like if I go hunting or something. But my aim has improved pretty well given I'm a novice with firearms. Hopefully a day never comes where its used to hurt a person, though I tentatively can say I'm as ready as any normal person ever could be for such an awful prospect.

Hunting though does seem awesome, though idk if its one of those things thats forbidden due to the lockdown.
    I have not been hunting in years *in my teens, guessing it varies state to state (although seems it would be a easy thing to do and still distance) but used to go black powered and crossbow seasons too.

But sometimes just having it is enough, my mother told me a story that happened around the time when I was a baby she had a co-worker come to our house to escape an abuse ex (from their account he was only that way when drinking but still an ex and he was suppose to stay away) and he found out where she was on one of his benders, and came and tried to bust in the front door and came eye to barrel with my dad's gun (was enough to sober him up and stop him in his tracks).

But grant having it and not being willing to use it if you really needed it could be dangerous too, means you just possibly gave your attacker a weapon.

*I have no doubt my dad when have shot the guy if he made it all the way through the door, he wounded his own step bother once for coming after him with a crow-bar (the stepbrother saw my dad talking to his ex girlfriend, but she was just asking my dad about him) *and this was before he joined the service.
    **Funny after story he came to their mom complaining that my dad shot him, and she said she heard the whole story and didn't care go b**** to his dad.
    My grandmother (fathers side) was a awesome shot and could shoot better than most of my uncles

but the most important thing as with anything is practice.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-08-07 at 06:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, you certainly picked a powerful one. I have shot my son's AR-15 ( 5.56mm ) and my son in law's 6.5 creedmoor ( I assume that is what yours is ) and there is a very noticeable and felt ( recoil ) difference. You can use it for elk or wild boar hunting for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not here in Ohio. But not sure of Cal.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you certainly picked a powerful one. I have shot my son's AR-15 ( 5.56mm ) and my son in law's 6.5 creedmoor ( I assume that is what yours is ) and there is a very noticeable and felt ( recoil ) difference. You can use it for elk or wild boar hunting for certain.
    I definitely had to learn proper technique and how to handle the recoil, first time left me kinda sore, but I am also kinda, you know a pansy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely had to learn proper technique and how to handle the recoil, first time left me kinda sore, but I am also kinda, you know a pansy.
    Lol! Well, practice with any firearm is important. With that rifle, just the sound of it should scare off a smart criminal. It is the dumb ones however,....*shrugs.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll also add, vis a vis the political debate about guns, going after guns as a solution to our violent society seems like a crazy form of cruelty and penalizing tyranny when the source of this violent psychosis is the immiseration and inequality of our society. Would depriving people of their means of self defense and security really solve the creeping misery of Americans living in grotesquely warped economy that deprives them of dignity and a meaningful life?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll also add, vis a vis the political debate about guns, going after guns as a solution to our violent society seems like a crazy form of cruelty and penalizing tyranny when the source of this violent psychosis is the immiseration and inequality of our society. Would depriving people of their means of self defense and security really solve the creeping misery of Americans living in grotesquely warped economy that deprives them of dignity and a meaningful life?
    Your point is well made. And the founding fathers warned us about such steps taken to render the citizens defenseless. Which is also one reason, they made the US Constitution not easy to amend. While it has been amended I think 28 times, there have been over 11,000 attempts made to do it. I think now in the political unrest we are experiencing, any attempts to amend the Second will join the 11,000+ statistics. My concern remains however, of the attempts to weaken/chisel away at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your point is well made. And the founding fathers warned us about such steps taken to render the citizens defenseless. Which is also one reason, they made the US Constitution not easy to amend. While it has been amended I think 28 times, there have been over 11,000 attempts made to do it. I think now in the political unrest we are experiencing, any attempts to amend the Second will join the 11,000+ statistics. My concern remains however, of the attempts to weaken/chisel away at it.
    This is why I oppose things like "Red Flag" laws, they seem like vague ways to intrude; and just a way to blow a technicality hole through the 2nd Amendment that renders it for all practical purposes dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    How, in text, am I supposed to prove I know my guns to some goon on the internet? LOL.
    Well, you could post a video of you shooting a gun.

Alternatively, you can do what you always wanted and come blow my brains out. I'll even give you my address.

Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can just blow your own brains out.

Oh, hey, here is the voice of the unheard hard at work again, harassing an old woman trying to put out the trash fire they set adjacent to her home.

They’re just like the Boys of Pointe du Hoc, folks!
    Cool link, bro.

Content neutral restrictions on the time, place, and manner of speech/protest are well settled first amendment jurisprudence. Yes, to nobody’s surprise, if you want to close down a freeway or surface street for a demonstration it’s obviously constitutional to get advanced notice to avoid a l public safety and infrastructure problems it will create.

- - - Updated - - -

Protesting doesn’t cover arson, looting, vandalism, assault, or false imprisonment/kidnapping.
    Seems like you don't like these tactics because of their efficacy, rather than any sort of moral issue, as you lack any moral compass to make such judgments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I love all the derps a couple weeks ago - members of the press even - who ran with “who says a protest has to be peaceful?” only to have the literal text of the First Amendment stapled to their face.
    So the founders opposed violent revolt, even though they themselves participated in one. Iiiiiiiinteresting...
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-08 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Major Trolling
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

If the USA would evolved to a more peaceful country with less crime rate (through better education, less inequality, etc...), would you oppose something that would restrict more the ownership of guns (like in most EU countries for instance)?
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-08-08 at 07:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I oppose things like "Red Flag" laws, they seem like vague ways to intrude; and just a way to blow a technicality hole through the 2nd Amendment that renders it for all practical purposes dead.
    Same. I can see them being easily abused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So the founders opposed violent revolt, even though they themselves participated in one. Iiiiiiiinteresting...
    They believed in law and order. Ever heard of the Whiskey Rebellion? In which, Washington had to command a Army to go put down? I hope you are not wanting a armed rebellion to take place like that across the country. They will be put down also.

Also, the war of independence was about a King, ( not a leader who was voted in by the people in the colonies ) who was suppressing the colonists while he was not even over here.

Same. I can see them being easily abused.

- - - Updated - - -

They believed in law and order. Ever heard of the Whiskey Rebellion? In which, Washington had to command a Army to go put down? I hope you are not wanting a armed rebellion to take place like that across the country. They will be put down also.

Also, the war of independence was about a King, ( not a leader who was voted in by the people in the colonies ) who was suppressing the colonists while he was not even over here.
    It was not a about a King. It was about Taxes (which put in place to pay for the 7 years war which could be described as the first world war or global war as it was all around the globe). If you go that way, as soon as you exit the Imperial or Royal Palace, the King is not there and you can rebel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It was not a about a King. It was about Taxes (which put in place to pay for the 7 years war which could be described as the first world war or global war as it was all around the globe). If you go that way, as soon as you exit the Imperial or Royal Palace, the King is not there and you can rebel.
    It was not just because of taxes, while those did start the fires of rebellion, they wanted a better government, more controlled by the people, rather than some monarchy.

This better explains it .......

The Americans revolted against England because they were enlightened thinkers and understood how unfairly they were taxed and also because they were forced into the situation. The colonies were forced to fight, but also wanted to because of the discontent they felt as a result of the acts and taxes put on by the British government. They wanted liberty and a government based on, governed by, the people.

You should be very familiar with your own country's history as you had a revolution yourself based on the same principles of not wanting a King.

It was not just because of taxes, while those did start the fires of rebellion, they wanted a better government, more controlled by the people, rather than some monarchy.

This better explains it .......

The Americans revolted against England because they were enlightened thinkers and understood how unfairly they were taxed and also because they were forced into the situation. The colonies were forced to fight, but also wanted to because of the discontent they felt as a result of the acts and taxes put on by the British government. They wanted liberty and a government based on, governed by, the people.

You should be very familiar with your own country's history as you had a revolution yourself based on the same principles of not wanting a King.
    The French Revolution origin is complex and not only based on what the people wanted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

It has been shown that the Bourgeoisie were a lot behind it because they wanted the privilege of the Nobles and did not really care about the "people". So it is not as simple as you make it out to be.

While the USA Revolutionary war was mainly about the taxation being judge unfair as the British Throne neglected the American's colonies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...nd_legislation

10+ Year Old Account
    The French Revolution origin is complex and not only based on what the people wanted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

It has been shown that the Bourgeoisie were a lot behind it because they wanted the privilege of the Nobles and did not really care about the "people". So it is not as simple as you make it out to be.

While the USA Revolutionary war was mainly about the taxation being judge unfair as the British Throne neglected the American's colonies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...nd_legislation
    But your are wrong to the extent it was mainly because of the taxes. Sure they played a important role, but the basic principle was wanting to be a free country, with more liberty than they had, was the major reason I think.

But I do not want this discussion to distract too much from the topic of the thread and thus, I am done with this point for now.

The current ammo and gun shortage is getting crazy. i'm having a hard time even finding ammo online right now. Only one store around here has any real amounts of 9mm and 5.56 nato rounds. I've been looking for a Mossberg 930 spx and can't find that anywhere either. I was talking to a guy at the gun shop and he told me there's a ship in new york that's hauling guns. glocks and whatnot. But customs isn't letting it through.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    If the USA would evolved to a more peaceful country with less crime rate (through better education, less inequality, etc...), would you oppose something that would restrict more the ownership of guns (like in most EU countries for instance)?
    While this was directed at Theo, I would like to put my two cents in and say no. Because the countries in Europe are not immune to random deadly attacks on innocent citizens. So no matter where I lived, I would always want to have a means to defend myself successfully without relying on the government to do it, when they have shown repeatedly, they can't always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    The current ammo and gun shortage is getting crazy. i'm having a hard time even finding ammo online right now. Only one store around here has any real amounts of 9mm and 5.56 nato rounds. I've been looking for a Mossberg 930 spx and can't find that anywhere either. I was talking to a guy at the gun shop and he told me there's a ship in new york that's hauling guns. glocks and whatnot. But customs isn't letting it through.
    That's New York for you. No surprise there. I can understand why some people make their own ammo. But starting out now, might be hard to get the materials. But I do suggest you save your brass just in case you might want to some day.