Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Don't judge me, I'm buying shadowlands just cos...

My blood elf can get blue eyes -

New lands - meh - we get them all the time - without them i wouldn't even consider it, you have to have it, but the area doesn't fascinate me.
    New systems - meh - if it's more like Legion i'll enjoy it. We always get new systems, and they try to make improvements, BFA stepped back, this seems better but it wasn't enough.
    New story - i wanted stuff on the races, not weird death lands, but hey it's something different so okay. Wow's story is patchy and inconsistent, the best part about their lore is the races that have a lot of untapped potential, I'm just not interested in following singular characters and not having real depth - not enough depth to draw me.

Incidentally I am aware of a few people who are coming back to wow because void elves can be high elves now - and that was their only reason - not sure how they'll take not getting blonde hair though.

I'm pretty sure mine is the most extreme reason. But at this stage I'm seeing more people returning for very superficial reasons rather than core reasons. what does that say?
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-08-10 at 09:55 PM.

I wonder how long that will entertain you...

Quit for the first time in bfa for an extended time,missed out on proly around 80% of it,mostly just fatigued of dealing with the rng and the ap and i didnt rly like any class in enough to keep me going,granted legion was way worse rng wise and ap wise,but it had its hooks in other ways

As sl goes i like how some of the classes are shaping up,shadow priest looks like i may enjoy it again for the first time since cata,same with enha,havent liked enha since mop

Whatever floats your boat & makes you happy is all the reason you need While I don't care too much for dress-up*, I understand it's a big deal for a hell of a lot of people, especially in the RP scenes. So hey, good for you.

(* that said, please give Zandalari Trolls proper beards already. My character looks badass, but I need some real chin hair!)

I don't think you need to buy Shadowlands to use the new cosmetic options.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    I don't think you need to buy Shadowlands to use the new cosmetic options.
    Wait, what? For real?

Ah, but I already played BFA to death, gonna need new place to roam about.

I'd say "that's pretty dumb bro" but I'm over here looking at that palm tree troll hairstyle going "maybe I should roll the troll..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I'm pretty sure mine is the most extreme reason. But at this stage I'm seeing more people returning for very superficial reasons rather than core reasons. what does that say?
    That most people leave for superficial reasons in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP is likely part of the demographic who does WQs, farms transmog and maybe does LFR once a week.

Some these players are also the ones who will defend ML removal and GCD changes to the day they die.
    And hates "mandatory" content, like having to do stuff for weekly chest etc.

But on otherhand, OP is part of the biggest part of the playerbase so im not gonna judge...too harshly.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Wait, what? For real?

So you're buying Shadowlands for the content, not just because you can have blue eyes now?

My blood elf can get blue eyes - and I'm squealing with delight. Yep, my blood elf toon can get blue eyes is the only reason I bought shadowlands and the main reason I will play it, - whatever you may think of me, it's the thing that stood out and attracted me by far
    Do you play with the camera facing the front of your character instead of your target or something? Wouldn’t spend like 50 bucks for two different colored pixels....

wait, are the new customisation options actually tied to the expansion? I would think you don't need to have to buy SL to get them o.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool.

Did we need to know?

10+ Year Old Account
    My blood elf can get blue eyes - and I'm squealing with delight. Yep, my blood elf toon can get blue eyes is the only reason I bought shadowlands and the main reason I will play it, - whatever you may think of me, it's the thing that stood out and attracted me by far.

New lands - meh - we get them all the time - without them i wouldn't even consider it, you have to have it, but the area doesn't fascinate me.
    New systems - meh - if it's more like Legion i'll enjoy it. We always get new systems, and they try to make improvements, BFA stepped back, this seems better but it wasn't enough.
    New story - i wanted stuff on the races, not weird death lands, but hey it's something different so okay. Wow's story is patchy and inconsistent, the best part about their lore is the races that have a lot of untapped potential, I'm just not interested in following singular characters and not having real depth - not enough depth to draw me.

Incidentally I know 3 people who are coming back to wow because void elves can be high elves now - and that was their only reason - not sure how they'll take not getting blonde hair though.

This actually makes me sad for the OP. My friend you need some friends in game if what drives you to play is something you will almost never even see. I don’t say that to be mean. I say that with kindness. Ive befriended a lot of people who were loners in WoW. Some I’m friends with to this day. You should consider reaching out to people when Shadowlands drops. You never know what can happen.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Wait, what? For real?

Of course not, just like you didn't need to buy BFA to get orcs to stand straight or WoD to get new character models.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    OP is likely part of the demographic who does WQs, farms transmog and maybe does LFR once a week.

Some these players are also the ones who will defend ML removal and GCD changes to the day they die.

But on otherhand, OP is part of the biggest part of the playerbase so im not gonna judge...too harshly.
    And honestly this makes you sound like someone who gets boosted through Mythic content by a friendly guild and thinks that makes them one of the best players in the world.

No need to be an ass.

Pretty sure the judgement of some bitter elitist means wank to him anyways.

I probably buy it a day I’m bored and think something like $40 is chump change. *purchase click*

Crazy how these cosmetic changes/additions really drive a good portion of their base to flock back or consider.

Lol use cuz not cos too, ironically the cos is a closer abbreviation of cosmetic than because...which is actually in the realm of items you are discussing. Wicked strange.

oi.. I did raid up to mythic Ny'alotha thank you very much..

I'm superficial with these things though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Isn't it weird to assume all this and also have the self-righetousness to act like you're being benevolent for not judging. Who cares what you think? Who asked?

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately we're all looking at pixels, whether someone gets their fun doing world quests all day, transmog farming, mythic raiding - or like OP and enjoying their character - there is no correct way to enjoy the game and no one can judge you ever for enjoying something your own way.
    thank you good sir !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'd say "that's pretty dumb bro" but I'm over here looking at that palm tree troll hairstyle going "maybe I should roll the troll..."

That's so cool.. i want one now

And none is gona look at them