Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot was so disappointing, I have to say Battle for Azeroth. It's the only game to come out this year (well, you know, patches) that I'm still playing. I still play Xenoverse 2, Fighterz, and Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul but those didn't come out in 2020.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Horizon is also a standard 3rd person open world RPG lol.
    Horizon had elements that made it way better than GoT, and way better than most other run of the mill fantasy open world RPGs... which was my point. Your useless comment is appreciated though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Horizon had elements that made it way better than GoT, and way better than most other run of the mill fantasy open world RPGs... which was my point. Your useless comment is appreciated though.
    Just because you like the game doesn't make it any less of a standard open world game. I also like Horizon more than GoT, but Ghosts objectively does more to differentiate itself from the Ubisoft open world template regardless of personal preferences. Also considering the thread is about your favorite game of 2020 and you never even posted yours, just decided to criticize someone else's pick, your comment is the useless one here.

It is not overally new game (originally exclusive on PS4) but i've just finished recently available on Steam Detroit: Become Human.
    Amazing story, hard decisions and the vision of future that is very likely to happen.

Also really enjoyed finishing Satisfactory with irl friends. Game is currently in Early Access but already really playable.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-08-09 at 02:17 PM.

It's a tie between FF7R and Ghost of Tsushima for me so far, we'll see how Cyberpunk lives up to my hype in comparison.

Biggest disappointments were by far Last of Us part II and RE3, holy shit those were not even close to worth their pricetags for me and the gf.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh the year is far from over, and I'm really waiting for some titles *finger crossed for no more delays due to corona and whatnot*, especially Cyberpunk and Baldur's Gate 3, I think both are scheduled for this year?
    The announcement release date for BG3 will be made this month on the 18th.

I haven't played any new releases for 2020 yet and the only one which has my interest which will be released this year is BG3.

I been playing this year so far, X-4, RDR3, Far Cry 3 and 5. All of those have been a lot of fun.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    I can put in advance Cyberpunk. Goty without any doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I can put in advance Cyberpunk. Goty without any doubt.
    Hope you're not disappointed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saddens me to realize I haven't picked up (or found interesting) any new game this year for the PC.

I'd love to play Last of Us II. If the rumor is true, maybe I'll be playing it on my PC sometime in the next 6 months to a year.

Looking forward to, maybe more than i have to any game in years, BG3. God dammit I want to get my hands on that game.

And lastly, been tempted to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn at some point cause I always thought it looked interesting.

To answer the OP:
    What is your favorite game of 2020 so far?
    This year, thus far: WoW.

G.T.F.O.

I'm having a blast with this game in co-op

FF7 Remake and Ghost of Tsushima for me, but I've not played many games this year.

New dog has been taking up all my time, so apparently my favorite game is by default "throw the ball"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Hope you're not disappointed.
    Everything looks good so far and there is no company more promising than cdpr when it comes to how they approach their projects.

Doom Eternal is an honourable mention.
    FF7 was okish.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2020-08-10 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Everything looks good so far and there is no company more promising than cdpr when it comes to how they approach their projects.

Doom Eternal is an honourable mention.
    FF7 was okish.
    I'm excited for it as well, but I think managing expectations is always wise. Hopefully it is GotY though. It definitely has the potential to be.

Not a 2020 release but I revisited MHW: Iceborn with the Alatreon release. Back to being done with that game now so just a casual Legends of Runeterra and POE to take up my days. I am very likely to buy Othercide, like the art style at least from the trailers.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'd say there are 6 that I enjoyed, and 4 that I really considered great.

1. Nioh 2
    2. Ghosts of Tsushima
    3. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
    4. Persona 5 Royal

and the next tier down:

5. TLOU2
    6. FFVII R

Wow, the PC has not had a great year....Alyx was great I heard. I didn't play it yet. I really did like RE3 but just not as much as RE2. Finally, I haven't been able to play Cold Steel 3 yet, or AC:NH, or the new Paper Mario.

Edit: I forgot, PC got Persona 4 Golden. Okay, I take it all back. PC has had a great year, because of that one legendary game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I've played both, and I prefer Ghosts of Tsushima. I feel the combat is MUCH better in GoT, the artstyle and story are about on par, but the open world itself feels more fun to complete. The pacing of the story and quality of life features also feel like a direct upgrade. I've played the heck out of both of these games. I feel that Horizon 2 will fix a lot of my issues with the first game, but on Ghosts, I really have no issues thus far. Just my opinion, and I'm not the guy you were quoting. Ghost is more fun, imho, but Aloy is a very cool character and I'm excited to see part 2.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-08-10 at 08:28 PM.

Last of Us chapt 2
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Yea, Doom Eternal.

Last of Us 2.

Ghost of Tsushima was pretty good too but it's a "You finish it you forget about it" game and it definitely doesn't have what it takes to compete with TLOU2 for game of the year.

Looking forward to seeing what Cyberpunk has to offer.

Doom Eternal was my main purchase this year. I encountered way more bugs than most for still unexplained reasons, but even going through all that BS like the game refusing to spawn demons or crashing when I finished a slayer gate preventing me from getting the Unmaykyr...

It's just so goddamn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.