Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Chua for the Alliance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Oh man, so many I've played through that I've forgotten. Every game has had some unique thing that they've handled well.

First thing that pops to mind is a bunch of little systems surrounding how new players are handled in FF14, as I think it makes for a much better social experience for a new player vs the often toxic new player experience in WoW.
    I want the profession system from FFXIV. Between the gear sets, the storylines, the levequests, the treasure hunts and how it affects housing, it could pretty much support a game on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    So your opinion that the game is worse now than it was at its peak popularity is a fact because... you say so?

Gotcha. Nice argument, dude.
    No i said the game is essentially the same, it doesnt really change you just do the same content every expansion, it is irrelevant what expansion it is, the game gets boring too fast and it loses many of the playerbase for the simple reason that your doing the same content regardless of what expansion your playing.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    No i said the game is essentially the same, it doesnt really change you just do the same content every expansion, it is irrelevant what expansion it is, the game gets boring too fast and it loses many of the playerbase for the simple reason that your doing the same content regardless of what expansion your playing.
    Get back with me when you can formulate a more compelling argument than "it's boring."

FFXIV allows me to experience everything on one character by changing classes on the fly... in that regards I'd like more systems to go account-wide: Reputations, Currencies, Recipes, Professions, Hunter Stables... let all of these collection games be account-wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Get back with me when you can formulate a more compelling argument than "it's boring."
    The only reason to stop playing a game is it is no longer fun so your bored of it, why would you stop playing if you still enjoyed it, no matter what game it is if you still like playing it you will always find the time no matter how little time you might have.

The only reason to stop playing a game is it is no longer fun so your bored of it, why would you stop playing if you still enjoyed it, no matter what game it is if you still like playing it you will always find the time no matter how little time you might have.
    Shit. Here I was thinking that it's perfectly normal for grown ass adults to stop playing video games at some point in their lives but since @kenn9530 on the MMO-C forums has pointed out that nobody ever stops playing video games if they're fun I guess I was wrong. You're truly a pioneer with your insights into the human condition, it's an honor to be your presence. Do you have any other earth-shattering revelations for us?

RS3- a better archeology skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Shit. Here I was thinking that it's perfectly normal for grown ass adults to stop playing video games at some point in their lives but since @kenn9530 on the MMO-C forums has pointed out that nobody ever stops playing video games if they're fun I guess I was wrong. You're truly a pioneer with your insights into the human condition, it's an honor to be your presence. Do you have any other earth-shattering revelations for us?
    Seems you just want to be in your own little bubble where WoW is the best at everything and noone every stops playing just because its not fun anymore, how naive can you be, if you enjoy something you keep doing it, you stop doing something when its no longer enjoyable.

Seems you just want to be in your own little bubble where WoW is the best at everything and noone every stops playing just because its not fun anymore, how naive can you be, if you enjoy something you keep doing it, you stop doing something when its no longer enjoyable.
    Yep, you're right. It's perfectly normal for grown ass adults to keep playing a video game that requires a $15/mo subscription and a minimal investment of hundreds of hours until the end of time if it's good enough. How is it possible for me to be so naive???

Being able to group with anyone regardless of faction like literally very other successful mmo, so stupid that they have the restriction like 10 years later still.

Yep, you're right. It's perfectly normal for grown ass adults to keep playing a video game that requires a $15/mo subscription and a minimal investment of hundreds of hours until the end of time if it's good enough. How is it possible for me to be so naive???
    It doesnt matter what age you are, i know ppl 50 plus playing video games so whats the problem and its perfectly normal to play games at any age, you could play WoW 1 hour a week or 100 it doesnt matter how much you play if you still actually play. Seems like you have something against older ppl playing video games while many play with thier grown up kids still.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Most major thing I think that is LONGGGG overdue for WoW to copy or make better is FF14 ilvl sync for raids. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that a lot of people will never be able to experience Ulduar or ICC in the LFR.

Here is how I would fix the LFR situation:
    1. LFR now gives you a random raid
    2. There is a currency reward for a vendor for low level gear equivalent to Normal or whatever people think is fair

Or simply add a feature that auto syncs you down to the ilvl of that raid so that guilds can go into older raids for fun and the challenge. So many raids and 15 years of history just wasted due to ilvl bloat. Timewalking is not the same.

Imagine Throne of Thunder but ilvl synced. These legendary raids in WoW's history that are just wasted and now farmed solo for mounts. It is so depressing how much content and history is wasted.
    1000% this. Theres SO much content out there for this. Having it be currency based and keep the chance of getting mounts in there to would be great.

It doesnt matter what age you are, i know ppl 50 plus playing video games so whats the problem and its perfectly normal to play games at any age, you could play WoW 1 hour a week or 100 it doesnt matter how much you play if you still actually play. Seems like you have something against older ppl playing video games while many play with thier grown up kids still.
    Or... maybe...just maybe... you're making completely anecdotal observations and pretending like they're able to be applied to the entirety of the WoW playerbase because it fits your ridiculously stupid argument that people only ever quit WoW because it was "too boring," and that nobody has ever just stopped playing video games at some indeterminate point in their lives.

I think he means that those who played WotLK a decade ago, have more or less moved on. Either quit playing games for X reason or plays other games for X reason. Thats only natural. Trends in gaming shifts and right now MMORPGs aint the big thing. It was 10 years ago, but not now.

Right now BR games are widely popular, but I doubt there will be 10+ millions playing Fortnite in 15 years.

You are also asking Blizzard for something impossible; To change and fresh up wow. How? How can they do that without removing them even more away from the MMORPG genre? MMORPGs are about leveling, power progression, fight and kill big baddies, dungeons, raids, pvp, questing and other MMORPG elements.

What you are asking for is a new game from Blizzard. Something different, something new. I get that, I want that too, but I dont want it coming in wow. I want them to create a brand new IP.

- - - Updated - - -

Or... maybe...just maybe... you're making completely anecdotal observations and pretending like they're able to be applied to the entirety of the WoW playerbase because it fits your ridiculously stupid argument that people only ever quit WoW because it was "too boring," and that nobody has ever just stopped playing video games at some indeterminate point in their lives.
    And this. People move on from various activites, like gaming. Even when they find it fun, they cant find time/desire for it anymore. Only natural.

One might argue that Blizzard has struggled to bring in new players, but thats a hard ask in a gaming landscape that has shifted towards other genres.

You just keep living in your own fantasy world, main reason to stop doing something is its just not worth the time anymore which is the same as the game being boring because you dont stop doing something if its fun.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    snip
    Game companies get lazy and just keep delivering the same game and just slap on a new look and ppl just buy it over and over, very few companies take the risk to just into delivering an MMO and the rest of us gamers suffer with the lack of choice.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-08-14 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is something that they shoudl do regardless: just put all dungeons in the M+ system.

Just all of it. I don't care. Make it happen. A lot of old dungeons are pointless, RFC? Who even goes there anymore? Make old dungeons relevant again.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

You just keep living in your own fantasy world, main reason to stop doing something is its just not worth the time anymore which is the same as the game being boring because you dont stop doing something if its fun.

Game companies get lazy and just keep delivering the same game and just slap on a new look and ppl just buy it over and over, very few companies take the risk to just into delivering an MMO and the rest of us gamers suffer with the lack of choice.
    Yeah well I sort of agree with this, but thats kind of off topic in this thread. And besides - if companies aint willing to risk and take chances with new games/IPs, why on earth would Blizzard risk taking huge chances with wow? Its the one game that is delivering the big cash for them year in, year out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Is something that they shoudl do regardless: just put all dungeons in the M+ system.

Just all of it. I don't care. Make it happen. A lot of old dungeons are pointless, RFC? Who even goes there anymore? Make old dungeons relevant again.
    They really created the perfect dungeon system with m+. Create a few dungeons for each xp, slap m+ keys on it, call it relevant content each time they boost ilevel from gear dropping.

The pool of dungeons available at max level should be bigger in each xpac, and give something more than what m+ does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

that's just normal for mmorpgs. they would have to redesign ALL of the dungeons to make them work for m+, add mechanics etc etc. Also many of those outdated dungeons are ugly af, so graphic overhaul needs to be done too. That's just pointless imo.
    They should redo the whole timewalking thing or introduce a harder version of it and add cosmetics and other stuff. But redesigning dungeons, from loot, trash, bosses up until to the dungeon design itself...with balancing/changing loot...thats just way too much wasted ressources. Also nobody I know wants to play old dungeons which they have seen a hundred times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    None. The most successful MMO doesn't need to copy anything from less successful MMOs
    (You're banned, I know, but Im responding anyway.)

You make it sound like they're the OG of content, wile they've stolen everything they've ever implemented, and "perfected" it, that's why they're successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water