Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The thing is, there is nothing wrong with it.

In essence, you could get 10 accounts and play them one by one. Perfectly legit, right?

Well, that is what this is, but instead you us a third party software to emulate your actions. Blizzard gets more subs = more money = more chances for game development.

Be happy. It does not affect you in any way and it gives Blizzard money... hey, imagine how the game would be if they did NOT make money? lol..
    Why do you make this comment without actually knowing that what you are typing is true?

Like really? Why?
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    There is, but you have to play the game to see it.

Naz'jatar is crowded with group of 10 druids roaming and picking up Zinanthide. You have to go during the night to have a chance to pick somes for yourself.

The problem is about trust. It was allowed since the beginning. You can't change that without repercussion and backslash. They can break addons they don't agree with, they have broken multiboxing in pvp situation and if they want, they can broke it just by removing the follow feature.

But they can't decide to ban them on the wim after 15 years of allowing it. Changing the rule is a LAST RESORT to solve a problem and not the first. Especially when they have other way to solve it.
    Do you think a guy or a girl with 10 druids farming herbs is more harmful to the game economy, than an endless stream of bots running in and out of Botanica or Iron Docs or some other dungeon?

Doesnt affect anyone of you, why complain? Blizzard can never fix it, they cant remove follow, they cant remove programs since they dont alter anything ingame so will never be illegal. Only thing they can do is remove the option to have more then one account.

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Do you think a guy or a girl with 10 druids farming herbs is more harmful to the game economy, than an endless stream of bots running in and out of Botanica or Iron Docs or some other dungeon?
    What in the world does that have to do with anything? Both are harmful to the economy in different ways.

At least one of them doesnt stop other people from making gold.

its not like you have to allow one of them so i dont see the argument at all here lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Doesnt affect anyone of you, why complain? Blizzard can never fix it, they cant remove follow, they cant remove programs since they dont alter anything ingame so will never be illegal. Only thing they can do is remove the option to have more then one account.
    Are you literally a bot of the other 5 guys saying the same thing without knowing what you are speaking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What in the world does that have to do with anything? Both are harmful to the economy in different ways.

At least one of them doesnt stop other people from making gold.

its not like you have to allow one of them so i dont see the argument at all here lol
    No one is stopping you from making gold, my god. You sound like a you come to a zone, cant find a herb for 2 minutes, then immediately complain a multiboxer "stops you from making gold". Would you have more gold if multiboxing was not a thing? I doubt you would.

I play on a full server and there are more single farmers out there than multiboxers. I am yet to see these huge groups of multiboxer druids in any zone picking up everything for themselves, but i see streams of single people picking up herbs and nodes before i can. Or anchor weed farm raids? Or farm raid for anything else? Why don't you complain about that?

Botting is far worse than that and is illegal according to TOS. Multiboxing is not, according to same TOS. Therefore Blizzard itself indirectly states that botting != multiboxing in their game. Why do you refuse to acknowledge this?

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    No one is stopping you from making gold, my god. You sound like a you come to a zone, cant find a herb for 2 minutes, then immediately complain a multiboxer "stops you from making gold". Would you have more gold if multiboxing was not a thing? I doubt you would.

I play on a full server and there are more single farmers out there than multiboxers. I am yet to see these huge groups of multiboxer druids in any zone picking up everything for themselves, but i see streams of single people picking up herbs and nodes before i can. Or anchor weed farm raids? Or farm raid for anything else? Why don't you complain about that?

Botting is far worse than that and is illegal according to TOS. Multiboxing is not, according to same TOS. Therefore Blizzard itself indirectly states that botting != multiboxing in their game. Why do you refuse to acknowledge this?
    Ah. The anecdotal evidence remark - it must be true!

"I have not seen this - so it must not be true!!!!!=?!"=!=!")%¤(%/("

Come on man. You should know better then that.

Also i cant help you if you dont see how this affects wow's economy. There is simply no arguing with you if you refuse to take in the point.

Its basic supply and demand.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-08-18 at 10:16 AM.

yes, but also no.

in terms of PvE, go nuts. if you want to spend 5X the amount of money to enjoy something about the game that you like, things like doing a herb/ore train on 5 toons at once, more power to you.

if anything, unless you yourself are trying to earn gold from straight up resource farming, this is actually an advantage because supply will outpace demand making some of that stuff cheaper. which means that even the most AH illiterate people might be able to earn some gold of of crafting using AH mats.

if you multibox multiple different classes and manage to crash through high dungeons pretty much solo, that's actually pretty impressive.

in terms of PvP, no. having more focused fire power at the press of a button compared to other people is an unfair advantage across the board. there's already systems in place which make this more difficult but i assume it's still being done to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Short View Post
    yes, but also no.

in terms of PvE, go nuts. if you want to spend 5X the amount of money to enjoy something about the game that you like, things like doing a herb/ore train on 5 toons at once, more power to you.

if anything, unless you yourself are trying to earn gold from straight up resource farming, this is actually an advantage because supply will outpace demand making some of that stuff cheaper. which means that even the most AH illiterate people might be able to earn some gold of of crafting using AH mats.

if you multibox multiple different classes and manage to crash through high dungeons pretty much solo, that's actually pretty impressive.

in terms of PvP, no. having more focused fire power at the press of a button compared to other people is an unfair advantage across the board. there's already systems in place which make this more difficult but i assume it's still being done to some degree.
    Multiboxing doesn't work in pvp anymore. Blizzard break the follow feature when engaged in pvp combat so multiboxer can't really play in pvp. An AoE CC and it's over.

Should the existence of rich people be allowed in the world?

Well... you wish it wasn't, but they exist, so you can dream of becoming rich too, and in the meantime (lifetime) you feel extreme jealousy of everything they can do and you don't. So you end up resorting to a call for equality to feel better about your awful luck.

Same case people, same case.

Ok so obviously you dont know what multiboxing is doing to the economy right now - yet you dont mind acting like you do and already there you have lost the whole argument.
    Neither do you. You can speculate on how it is affecting the economy but that's the best that anyone can do.

Right now many multiboxers are taking advantage of the fact that you can fly around and empty whole nodes of herbs at once with enough multuboxers. So what they do is they multibox the amount that each node can have and then create a monopoly on nodes in an area.

They also get shitload of herbs from this into the ah economy ruining the prizes of herbs.
    Let's say all the Multiboxers disappear. We potentially remove hundreds of people from Nazjatar thus reducing the number of Nazjatar shards, thus people mining single nodes are going to increasingly be within the same shard. Once a node is tapped, it will disappear within 30 seconds.

The end result is FAR less Zin'anthid in the economy which will mean GREATLY increased prices. This is going to inflate the costs of everything that utilizes Zin'anthid (pots and trinkets)

If people suddenly have to start paying 1000g for a flask and 300g for a potion and 5000-10000g for a trinket, the demand for those items is going to drop SIGNIFICANTLY.

As a result, the demand for Zin'anthid is going to drop significantly at those prices, forcing the cost down since nobody buys it.

We might find some happy medium where we can bring the cost of a Flask down to 500-600g, the cost of pots down to 150-200g, and the cost of trinkets down to 2500-5000g, but the sell rate of these items is going to be MUCH lower, especially at the end of the expansion.

The end result is far less profits.

TBH, at this point, with it bottoming out to 5g / herb (at least on my high pop realm) there are actually better farms for multiboxers. Because even if you can find 1 node every 30 seconds and you have rank 3 of Zin, it's only a 15k/hour farm.

They could all drop Zin, grab different professions, craft current content stuff buying mats from the AH, and then using one of their accounts to camp the AH. I'm making more than 15k / hour in profit ( AH Sale - Crafting Cost) doing that right now.

This means there are less herbs for regular people to farm and the herbs they get are worth less. This literally ruins the economy.
    Pick up a crafting profession and quit QQing

Blizzard doesnt define what a script and a bot is. They define what they find to be cheating in their game. A stance that can change just like any other.
    I don't know what you're getting at, but they do certainly define what qualifies as a script and a bot as those are considered cheating and they define cheating in their game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ire directed at Multiboxers is being incorrectly directed.

Blizzard has made a lot of shit decisions in BFA and one of those decisions was to make Zin only acquirable in Nazjatar. The entire reason herbs were worth so much earlier in the expansion wasn't because multiboxers weren't there to ruin the economy. It's because the demand for these items was MUCH greater.

The end result was that the gathering community got a taste of decent gold acquisition that is normally only available for a brief period at the beginning of expansions and it lasted a bit longer into the patch cycle.

The price of Zin had gone down significantly prior to the release of 8.3 because the demand had bottomed out again.

Once 8.3 dropped and more people were playing, we saw the price of Zin skyrocket again for a brief period of time because there were more people ingame and there was scarcity of Zin due to the fact that there were far fewer shards of Naz and now you see more multiboxers.

Multiboxers aren't killing the Zin price due to flooding the market. There is just no demand for Zin at 5g an herb because the prices of the goods crafted by those herbs is beginning to bottom out since there are people with thousands in stock and we're nearing the end of the expansion and people are dumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a botting/macroing standpoint? They're well within the rules to continue doing what they're doing. From an economy standpoint? No, they ruin the fucking "tradeable goods" economy. Might aswell allow gold buying outside of WoW token since it fucks the economy just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Drivel
    I'm not directing Ire at multiboxers and nor do i care if people are rich in wow(ROFL). What i do care about is the economy of the game and what happens during my gameplay. And when i fly around trying to herb and some multiboxer is herbing aswell its seriously annoying. The plants dont dissapear after a minute or two so they all show up like i can herb them only you get an error message when you do it.

I dont care if you want to use it for soloing dungeons and making gold for yourself.

It affects immersion, if affects gameplay and it affects the economy. Stop behaving like a bunch of man children thinking people are out to get you. I dont give a rats ass that you have 50000000 gold in wow. Literally dont care. I could maintain 10 accounts a month if i cared to but i dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post

Well... you wish it wasn't, but they exist, so you can dream of becoming rich too, and in the meantime (lifetime) you feel extreme jealousy of everything they can do and you don't. So you end up resorting to a call for equality to feel better about your awful luck.

Strawmans from a panda. This is such a wonderfully ignorant forum :P

Edit:

Botting - Multiboxing - buying tokens

Gold in wow effectively has almost no credit score anymore. Being rich in wow is the equivelant of being rich in diablo 2 or 3. Sure... its nice. Noone is envious of you however.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-08-18 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    That is not the case at all, just look at this guy multiboxing just fine with his chars getting CC'ed.
    I don't know why they haven't focused him, he was hardly cc'ed (2 stuns, woah) If you're bad enough to let yourself be pwnd by five immobile toons, you deserve to lose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post

There's a false equivalence fallacy if I've ever seen one.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They make the game and the rules. They also define what is cheating regardless of how angry you get.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't make the game so you don't get to define what cheating is.
    https://www.lexico.com/definition/cheat

Blizzard defines what is allowed, not the meaning of words.
    I don't define jack. The dictionary defines the meaning of words. I use it.
    You don't define jack. You are pretending to.

There is nothing to talk about and i am tired of repeating myself. You are literally just repeating all the points that were adressed already.

A macro is not the same as a player character copy.
    You don't get to make the meaning of terms.

Literally all you are saying is "nuh huh". Not good enough.

End of the day, multiboxing is affecting the experience of other players. Gesticulate all you want, it's the truth and nothing you say will change that fact.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-18 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    From a botting/macroing standpoint? They're well within the rules to continue doing what they're doing. From an economy standpoint? No, they ruin the fucking "tradeable goods" economy. Might aswell allow gold buying outside of WoW token since it fucks the economy just as much.
    I dread to think of the herb prices if not for herb multiboxers to be honest. Even with multiboxers herbalism prints money throughout the majority of an expansion.

I totes don't like it, not to the point of wanting it not allowed, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I dread to think of the herb prices if not for herb multiboxers to be honest. Even with multiboxers herbalism prints money throughout the majority of an expansion.
    Thats a problem with the game not with multiboxers.

Blizzard sets the amount of herbs we get from nodes and the amount of herbs needed for various things.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    This ire directed at Multiboxers is being incorrectly directed.

Blizzard has made a lot of shit decisions in BFA and one of those decisions was to make Zin only acquirable in Nazjatar. The entire reason herbs were worth so much earlier in the expansion wasn't because multiboxers weren't there to ruin the economy. It's because the demand for these items was MUCH greater.

The end result was that the gathering community got a taste of decent gold acquisition that is normally only available for a brief period at the beginning of expansions and it lasted a bit longer into the patch cycle.

The price of Zin had gone down significantly prior to the release of 8.3 because the demand had bottomed out again.

Once 8.3 dropped and more people were playing, we saw the price of Zin skyrocket again for a brief period of time because there were more people ingame and there was scarcity of Zin due to the fact that there were far fewer shards of Naz and now you see more multiboxers.

Multiboxers aren't killing the Zin price due to flooding the market. There is just no demand for Zin at 5g an herb because the prices of the goods crafted by those herbs is beginning to bottom out since there are people with thousands in stock and we're nearing the end of the expansion and people are dumping.
    I tried to make these points, repeatedly, earlier in the thread but people who are resistant to the idea of multiboxing will simply dismiss your (completely valid) argument because they're not interested in practical thinking. They will shift the goal post and say that it's "Blizzard's job" to regulate the amount of herbs in rotation and the fact that multiboxers take advantage of multitapping is an example of "Blizzard's bad game design" rather than a simple reflection of supply and demand as you just illustrated. They just don't like something, therefore, in their minds, in shouldn't exist. That's all there is to the argument.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-08-18 at 04:58 PM.

Whiny drivel
    First, if you care about the economy of the game, then you want materials and consumables to be easier to acquire because then more people are going to use them which means more people are going to buy them.

Sure, it might be easier for someone to post a piece of gear at a 500g profit once per day, but right now it's also easy to sell 100 potions at 10-20g profit per day on high pop realms. This is the result of depressed herb prices and people willing to pay a small fee to get a temporary buff.

This is probably the healthiest the WoW economy has ever been because there are a lot of people working to level toons right now as well. Everything is selling unless you're on some backwater-no-pop realm.

Second, you're 100% wrong on plants disappearing. They disappear after 10 people herb them. They disappear 30 seconds after the first person herbs them. You stating otherwise tells me you're a literal liar. This change was made in 2018 and has been in the game since. Stop lying to make a terrible point. Seriously, stop lying, liar.

If someone is making gold for themselves, they're either pumping it back into the economy by buying stuff from the AH leading to a healthy economy or they are removing it from the game on things such as repairs, tokens, or mounts. Leading to gold not becoming entirely worthless.

Quit whining because you haven't a clue. It's obvious by your post that you don't care about anyone elses experience in game but you're own. You sound like the type of toxic person who needs to find a new community to be honest. I could see you whining about someone not doing enough DPS in YOUR dungeon. Also, stop being a liar.