Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So yeah uuuhhhmmm netflix what the hell ?

Ok so seriously! who thought this was a great idea and made it into a film,then published,then it won an award ........ and then netflix said ! HELL YEAH LETS ADD THIS TO OUR PLATFORM

Thoughts on this?

Pedophiles, that's who. I'd hate to know what's going on backstage, and how much their parents are being paid to allow it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this make you angry exactly?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Wow. What could go wrong with sexualizing eleven year olds...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So i guess you are ok with twerking 11year olds ! ok good to know

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-year-old-kids
    The inappropriate marketing for “Cuties” stands in contrast to the film itself, which has been largely praised by film critics for handling Amy’s coming-of-age experience with sensitivity. Doucouré uses her “Cuties” storyline to openly criticize the ways in which society puts pressure on young girls to be overtly sexual.

As IndieWire’s Kate Erbland noted in her “Cuties” review out of Sundance, “The girls are preparing to enter a dance contest, and an appearance by their great rivals (the Sweety-Swaggs) lays out what’s to come: The Swaggs are older, more developed, more sexualized, and their moves reflect that. The Cuties certainly don’t understand that even the elder Swaggs are at the mercy of a hyper-sexualized culture and its demands, and that there’s something deeply wrong with a teenager taking her top off in the middle of dance video.”
    From post #6
    In short, the movie is supposedly about how horrible it is to sexualize children like this and Netflix royally screwed up their marketing.

Turns out Conspiracy Theorists were sorta right about the Normalization Of Pedophilia phenomena. What's next? Gay frogs??

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Turns out Conspiracy Theorists were sorta right about the Normalization Of Pedophilia phenomena. What's next? Gay frogs??
    A new show on netflix soon enough about Kermit-a

Have you seen the film?

Netflix doesn't rest on quality show/making, they tend to swing for the fences and with that kind of mindset shit gets through like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Gay frogs were so 2012 man get with the times.

Anyway, pedophilia has been a consistent theme of human existence. It never really went away, only got suppressed. Actually, I'm sure there were far more victims in the 50s than there are today because at least people are willing to talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    So i guess you are ok with twerking 11year olds ! ok good to know
    It doesn't make me froth with rage if that's what you're saying.

It might be weird and a bit creepy, but it looks to be more of a movie about the conflict the main character has with her family. There's also only like one semi-twerk in the entire trailer, and it's in the background. You're making a mountain of it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Might pay to actually watch it before assuming what it is/isnt

Unless you are a professional reviewer of course, then the trailer is surely enough!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    girls being educated about being independent and to follow their dreams from a young age scares some folks,the more time they spend doing these things the less time they spend barefooted pregnant and in the kitchen >_<

you can tell by the fact that these same people never cry about boys playing sports

This is a classic case of a bunch of people losing their shit over something that they've not seen, probably not even read a decent review of, but still feel qualified to rant about on the internet.

I've not seen the film so I have no opinion on it yet, but the couple of reviews I've read do not seem to support the social media outrage.

I heard (read from a tweet) that "The movie is a CRITIC to that: society hipersexualizing young girls."
    But I'm still not fond of this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    I heard (read from a tweet) that "The movie is a CRITIC to that: society hipersexualizing young girls."
    But I'm still not fond of this idea.
    The irony is that you can't make a movie about hyper sexualizing young girls without hyper sexualizing the young girl actors IN the movie. Which at least to me is why this seems in such bad taste. No matter what the message is supposed to be, the bottom line is it's a movie that sexualizes 11 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    The irony is that you can't make a movie about hyper sexualizing young girls without hyper sexualizing the young girl actors IN the movie. Which at least to me is why this seems in such bad taste. No matter what the message is supposed to be, the bottom line is it's a movie that sexualizes 11 year old girls.
    Well its an issue young girls do have to deal with. Men leer at young girls all the time. A movie isnt going to magically change the world or normalize pedophile as some would like to suggest. Would be a shame if all 11 year old roles was just playing Annie in a musical. Life comes at girls faster than it does at boys because they need to be aware of more dangers younger so I dont see how having more material out there to educate or relate too is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-08-20 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well its an issue young girls do have to deal with. Men leer at young girls all the time. A movie isnt going to magically change the world or normalize pedophile as some would like to suggest. Would be a shame if all 11 year old roles was just playing Annie in a musical. Life comes at girls faster than it does at boys because they need to be aware of more dangers younger
    I mean my point is I'm not sure it really tackles the issue so much as glamorizes it and normalizes it so that you end up helping create space for even more movies about young sexualized young girls.

This isn't a movie about pedophilia and it really has nothing to do with that. It's just that yes, the point the movie is making is good but behind the story being told there are girls playing these roles (the young girl actors) who are being sexualized in the process, it's sorta self defeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    I mean my point is I'm not sure it really tackles the issue so much as glamorizes it and normalizes it so that you end up helping create a new genre of movies that sexualize even younger girls. Just speaking to why the idea of this movie annoys people.

This isn't a movie about pedophilia and it really has nothing to do with that. It's just that yes, the point the movie is making is good but behind the story being told there are girls playing these roles who are being sexualized, it's sorta self defeating.
    Yeah but im willing to bet the girl realizes being the hottest dancer isnt everything in life as she loses her way stealing and changing who she is to fit in and she should slow down and enjoy being a child. If I had to guess without seeing the film of course. I dont think im the intended target market.

If the issue is the actor is wearing hot pants and they're 11 then it wouldnt really be accurate to modern day. 11 year olds DO dress up like slutty 16 year olds now to try fit in / be cool and get likes on social media looking "hot"/ the attention of the guy in class they like. Clearly issues they want to address