Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Did this cost a raid tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Did this cost a raid tier?
    Of course it did. All of the game developers and the raid design team had to go and learn cinematography and animation. Do you know how long that shit takes?
    You go on skillshare and learn how to animate and draw. It's not like Blizz has an art team to do these.....oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    So no release date?
    The hype for a release date announcement was to high, they are toning the hype back down I think. I hope we get a launch date but that’s not the vibe I’m picking ip
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Laurel D. Austin literally illustrates dozens of unique images for each of these and you're going to call it "low effort?" Fuck off. People like you have no idea what kind of effort goes into art.

http://www.laureldaustinart.com/blog...8/lords-of-war
    "animation" vs illustration..which part you do not understand? As animation it is kinda low (you can call it stylish and whatever but basically pictures over pictures with next to nothing animations) Paintings and drawings are another category and for that it is impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    does anyone else recognize arthas and uther in the last slide? i'm hyped to see that one!
    I am looking forward to seeing Arthas, not Uther, he was an utter failure of a knight yet is lauded as some great hero, its daft.

Samenose syndrome strong in these.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I so don´t like this art style, but I guess it is far, far cheaper than doing proper cinematic. Just hope they don´t go this way from now on with major cinematic..
    I mean BFA had far, far more CGI cinematics than any expansion by a huge margin. In part because it reused models and locations a fair bit, granted, but they still made 4 of them post release, which they never did previously, and these things aren't cheap to make by any stretch of the imagination.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

So the Arthas hype is obvious. It was to be expected, obviously, but I just hope the story will be reasonable.

I love these, can't wait to see them all.

The warchief returns, can’t wait to interact with Garrosh again.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So the Arthas hype is obvious. It was to be expected, obviously, but I just hope the story will be reasonable.
    So far it's incredibly reasonable, arthas hasn't really even been shown in the game, it's mostly in that Uther can't get let go of his death by Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So far it's incredibly reasonable, arthas hasn't really even been shown in the game, it's mostly in that Uther can't get let go of his death by Arthas
    So far yeah, but there are more hints towards Arthas than there were hints towards N'zoth in BFA. Uther, Kael'thas, Jaina, Sylvanas and Bolvar will all be major characters, the Helm of Domination is a macguffin, we meet the guy who made said Helm, so on and so forth. It would be extremely surprised if Arthas isn't featured at some point or another as a major character.

Also didn't expect that Garrosh would be back as well. They can't ruin him more than Mists did, so I'm curious at what his role will be.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So far yeah, but there are more hints towards Arthas than there were hints towards N'zoth in BFA.
    Arthas confirmed 9.3 raid boss!

J/k, but i'm sure they will do something with him, but we can only go off what they have said now, and honestly... the way it sounds in the quest i've done Arthas may not even physically exist anymore, something about the things they did to him

His king?

Isn't Uther from Stormwind...?

Looks sick, can't wait

Seeing these shorts always make me salty about how badly they implement story WITHIN the game. They obviously have the ability to create beautiful cut scenes with a nice art style.

I hate this animation style, it seems lazy to me. Jaina's Warbringer was great because of Laura Bailey singing that song, and the whole mood of that piece was above and beyond. But otherwise, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ZebrasRule View Post
    I hate this animation style, it seems lazy to me. Jaina's Warbringer was great because of Laura Bailey singing that song, and the whole mood of that piece was above and beyond. But otherwise, meh.
    Lazy isn't quite the word I'd choose but I admit I don't know of a better one. I simply don't like the style, I guess.

I'll forgive all if they just announce the damned release date.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    His king?

Isn't Uther from Stormwind...?
    Uther was from the human Kingdom of Lordaeron.