Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    A guilty pleasure of mine in WoTLK was to RP walk in full PvP gear around Orgrimmar. People on the server knew I'm one of the guys you call if the Alliance were acting up.
    This is what happens when max level delusion meets max level arrogance. No one knew who you were - no one cared. Thats one thing that has changed - the peacocks dont feel quite so special anymore because other ppl have pretty feathers too - granted, not the SAME pretty feathers, but still pretty. ITS NOT FAIR DAMN IT! I WANT TO BE THE ONLY SPECIAL ONE! Reminds me of the 16yo kid walking around with blue hair, thinking they look pretty damn awesome and rebellious because everyone is looking at them, when in reality, people are looking for the same reason they looked at you "rp walking", and the same reason cringe compilations are so popular on youtube; sometimes we just cant look away from the car wreck.

While I do get the concept behind it, most people that i've seen that care about it are the ones that just bail on a mythic+ after a wipe or two. They insult and blame everybody and use their score as an "I could do better than you" Metric.

Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is what happens when max level delusion meets max level arrogance. No one knew who you were - no one cared. Thats one thing that has changed - the peacocks dont feel quite so special anymore because other ppl have pretty feathers too - granted, not the SAME pretty feathers, but still pretty. ITS NOT FAIR DAMN IT! I WANT TO BE THE ONLY SPECIAL ONE! Reminds me of the 16yo kid walking around with blue hair, thinking they look pretty damn awesome and rebellious because everyone is looking at them, when in reality, people are looking for the same reason they looked at you "rp walking", and the same reason cringe compilations are so popular on youtube; sometimes we just cant look away from the car wreck.
    You sound suspiciously angry. There is a high change the person you quoted was even younger than 16 during WotLK. Are you old enough that you were much wiser, back then in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    You sound suspiciously angry. There is a high change the person you quoted was even younger than 16 during WotLK. Are you old enough that you were much wiser, back then in 2008?
    There's actually a pretty low chance. The average age of a wow player back then was 26. You completely missed the point of the entire post. Are you so arrogant that you just cruise these forums looking for a chance to attack people? No wonder Classic is so toxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You seem VERY confused......You honestly think the average age of a wow player during wrath was BELOW 16? Where on earth would you come up with such ridiculous numbers? From memory, and anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong, but during TBC i recall the average age of a wow player being around 28.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-08-25 at 05:52 AM.

I agree. No one knows that you're rocking the Elite Gear cause there is so much xmog, and even if they know you have a gladiator mount, they may not know from which season.

A guilty pleasure of mine in WoTLK was to RP walk in full PvP gear around Orgrimmar. People on the server knew I'm one of the guys you call if the Alliance were acting up. If I can mouse over someone and see their PvP rating opposed to inspecting them I think that would be great.
    Have you ever stopped to think that nobody cares anymore? The insecure people these days projecting their silly “look at me” shit, dude the game is 16 years old. Nobody gives a fuck about any achievements you might get. Get a grip on reality

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There's actually a pretty low chance. The average age of a wow player back then was 26.
    Where did you find that number?

You completely missed the point of the entire post.
    Then explain it to me please.

Are you so arrogant that you just cruise these forums looking for a chance to attack people? No wonder Classic is so toxic.
    Let's see if this ID811717 person ever cared about Classic...

Oh shit!... Are you actually projecting?!
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-08-25 at 06:07 AM.

Where did you find that number?

Then explain it to me please.

Oh shit!... Are you actually projecting?!
    https://electronics.howstuffworks.co...-warcraft1.htm

now ill do the polite thing, and ask for your source. Im happy to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think that nobody cares anymore? The insecure people these days projecting their silly “look at me” shit, dude the game is 16 years old. Nobody gives a fuck about any achievements you might get. Get a grip on reality
    To be fair nobody cared back then either.

No one ever cared - it was all a fabricated reality in the minds of those who honestly think they were special.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No one ever cared - it was all a fabricated reality in the minds of those who honestly think they were special.
    Sooo you telling me i don't actually care about playing the game with a challenge? Good 2 know.

I do "high" stones becuase it is fun. I use Raider.io because i am not in a carrying buisness. I do that for guldmates, friends and family. Not for total strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    While I do get the concept behind it, most people that i've seen that care about it are the ones that just bail on a mythic+ after a wipe or two. They insult and blame everybody and use their score as an "I could do better than you" Metric.

Hard pass.
    i was in a +8 underot with an undergeared for the most part group other than the tank who was like 470 ilvl. it was fortified bolstering week, the tank pulled literally half of cragmaws room at once. nobody could interrupt all of the stuns because there were so many of the plants. there were worms facing practically every direction with no aoe stuns in the group, and the healer literally couldnt dispel the disease because it was a druid. needless to say, we wiped. got back, he did it again. we wiped again. got back he did it again.

in the end he ended up blaming the healer and boasting about a 3k io, but was too stupid to pull smaller with an under geared group. he himself wasnt even holding agro on half the mobs, and no im not talking about the fixating bugs. he was losing agro on the plants and worms as well.

besides that, rio is easy enough to buy your way to a 2k rating. people sell +15s all day, it really is no actual measure of skill outside of people that try to go higher. even then, they can be carried by their guilds to a certain extent.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't love it, but I do find it useful for playing Alts on Horde when my main's are Alliance for PUG's. Pretty much I can use it to more likely get into groups and see what kind of experience the leader has before I sign up. I'd rather Blizzard have it as a tooltip instead of Proving Grounds so you could see someone's Arena Rating, Raid Progress and Keystone Progress as it would make forming groups more reliable.

NGL, I don't sign up for +10 keys if I can't see an IO score. A +10-12 means they may not know about the seasonal affix and this one has been pretty cool. Hopefully Shadowlands gives more things like Awakened/Reaping instead of Infested/Beguiling.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Sooo you telling me i don't actually care about playing the game with a challenge? Good 2 know.

I do "high" stones becuase it is fun. I use Raider.io because i am not in a carrying buisness. I do that for guldmates, friends and family. Not for total strangers.
    Reading is very, very hard. What no one remembers or cares about is some clown "RP Walking" around a city in pvp gear. I have zero clue what your reply is supposed to mean.

Yeah-yeah nobody cares about anything anymore, and even if someone does care, here comes "people like you" to shit in their coffee.
    Grat yourself in the mirror, pat yourself in the back, you have achieved something truly great today!
    You know what, novelty and prestige DOES matter, the only thing should not matter is comments like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Yeah-yeah nobody cares about anything anymore, and even if someone does care, here comes "people like you" to shit in their coffee.
    Grat yourself in the mirror, pat yourself in the back, you have achieved something truly great today!
    You know what, novelty and prestige DOES matter, the only thing should not matter is comments like yours.
    Your cute!

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    raider io is great. we need a pvp io as well.
    There already is:
    https://check-pvp.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously used to despise this addon. That's because it came out late Legion and suddenly I'm not getting invites, since I only ran Arcway once a week. Having a tool to measure one's aptitude so late in the expansion made no sense to me.

It began to grow on me in BFA. More times than not if you're group had high IO scores you would make the timer. I came back late BFA and knew I would have to grind out my score so I wouldn't get rejected. My intention was to only get to around 2000 so I could get invited to 15 keys no problem so I could get my chest.

But for some reason....I kept on pushing towards 16, then 17, up to 20. I never had any interest in pushing past 15 in Legion, sure I would do a 16 if that's the key that was available to us, but if it didn't provide higher loot then why bother with the extra difficulty?

It finally dawned on me....it's the TOOLTIP! Yes, when I randomly mouse over people or came across people with a 2.5k rating that was a solid purple "I wanted it". Then when I see people between 3K-4K, nevermind people in the Legendary orange percentile. It essentially gives off that Vanilla WoW feeling of prestige. No transmog, you take a look at someones gear and you know they're likely badass.

I find myself joining groups on my healer just because the scores are high and wanting to see what kind of numbers the DPS can put up, what manuevers and routes the tank will take. What strategies they implement.

Blizzard should consider showing both Arena Rating and IO Score on one's mouseover tooltip. It could put that fire under people again. ^
    I never thought of it that way but it definitely makes sense. The higher number does set apart and add prestige.

I dont have a 3k rating but I definitely respect those who do.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the addon is garbage that brought back the Gearscore problem of distilling people down to a number. More power to people who enjoy it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think the addon is garbage that brought back the Gearscore problem of distilling people down to a number. More power to people who enjoy it.
    It's not just a number, though.

And when you play with random strangers, what exactly would you use to choose who to pick. If there are 20 dps who want to join your M+ group, who would you pick if you don't know anyone of them? How funny their names are?