Page 1 of 2
LastLast

F2P 1-50 for WoW

Like FF14. Why not?

Edit:

FF14 player base is now 30+ million because of this change....all the poor countries are on it now....they dont even care about end game coz they can keep leveling every class on the same toon....soon we will have 1 billion Indian / Chinese / Africa / Middle East / Russia playing FF14....GG WoW.

If they do make 1-50 f2p, classic should fully remain sub-based for the no-changes fans sake!

Oh, and tomorrow is New World OPEN BETA, no NDA....Next Gen MMO-A-RPG WoW killer number 37, which is Buy2Play! NO SUB!!!! ZOMG!
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-08-25 at 10:05 AM.

Because the game requires a subscription, otherwise it will get as bad as ff14

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    ff is sub2play tho, except they made the it up untill Heavensward (from lvl 35 to 60)

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Like FF14. Why not?
    As long they don't mess it up as much FF14 did.
    I spent an afternoon playing it; a week later i come back and cannot log in anymore: "product key missing".

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    ff is sub2play tho, except they made the it up untill Heavensward (from lvl 35 to 60)

Ahh I see.

Like FF14. Why not?
    Edit: Looks like they just made it so you can play all the way up to level 60 for free. Base game plus first expac. WoW needs to copy this! 1-60 FREE TO PLAY!

Edit: Looks like they just made it so you can play all the way up to level 60 for free. Base game plus first expac. WoW needs to copy this! 1-60 FREE TO PLAY!
    Why? I dont see any reason.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now WoW is F2P up to lvl 20, I wonder how they'll change the F2P restrictions with the new leveling scheme.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would happen if FFXIV would have similar playerbase and interest as WOW, which obviously doesn't. Probably F2P will be 1-10 after pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Right now WoW is F2P up to lvl 20, I wonder how they'll change the F2P restrictions with the new leveling scheme.
    1-10 introduction i would assume

I highly doubt this will ever happen. It would be a god-send if Blizzard did make 1-50 F2P; it'd make way more people play the game, spend money on it eventually, and increase the population of all the zones under the current expansion. It'd feel more like an MMORPG if you played non-max level.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I highly doubt this will ever happen. It would be a god-send if Blizzard did make 1-50 F2P; it'd make way more people play the game, spend money on it eventually, and increase the population of all the zones under the current expansion. It'd feel more like an MMORPG if you played non-max level.
    FF14 player base is now 30+ million because of this change....all the poor countries are on it now....they dont even care about end game coz they can keep leveling every class on the same toon....soon we will have 1 billion Indian / Chinese / Africa / Middle East / Russia playing FF14....GG WoW.

If they do make 1-50 f2p, classic should fully remain sub-based for the no-changes fans sake!

Oh, and tomorrow is New World OPEN BETA, no NDA....Next Gen MMO-A-RPG WoW killer number 37, which is Buy2Play! NO SUB!!!! ZOMG!
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-08-25 at 10:00 AM.

FF14 player base is now 30+ million because of this change....
    those are some impressive fake numbers you have there.

The best indicator if a game is not making enough revenue is when it goes "F2P".
    So this is a clear sign that FFXIV is not doing well no matter all the Terrible Timmys and Safe-Space-Susans say about "non-toxic community" in that game.
    I guess people don't like enforced mediocrity after all.

Why should WoW embrace the F2P scheme more than it does? WoW has shown again and again that it can sell millions of expansions again and again. It has shown that it can get people to pay a fixed monthly fee.
    The "pay-barrier" WoW has is a godsend for us players. It keeps so many idiots out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The best indicator if a game is not making enough revenue is when it goes "F2P".
    So this is a clear sign that FFXIV is not doing well no matter all the Terrible Timmys and Safe-Space-Susans say about "non-toxic community" in that game.
    I guess people don't like enforced mediocrity after all.

Why should WoW embrace the F2P scheme more than it does? WoW has shown again and again that it can sell millions of expansions again and again. It has shown that it can get people to pay a fixed monthly fee.
    The "pay-barrier" WoW has is a godsend for us players. It keeps so many idiots out of the game.
    You only like to play with yourself it sounds like ....

You only like to play with yourself it sounds like ....
    I like to play with millions of others in WoW.
    And the reason I like to play with millions of others in WoW is that it is a game that has a minimum of challenging content and where the idiot f2p-players are kept at a minimum.
    Do people like you really belive that a game like FFXIV extends its f2p-program becasue it is doing well?

30+ Million... hahahaha

I'm crying, please help.

F2P would be not enough, it needs to go all the way into "World of Tanks" micro-transaction that is targeted at the children.

The money comes not from user numbers, it comes from micro-transactions.

Its not F2P vs SUB, its micro-transactions with borderline illegal models that target children versus subs.

If blizzard touches the F2P / unlocking child gambling, I am done with them, no matter what game/content they bring, its allready grey area in EU and soon to be working laws against it. I hope this is soon just an US/ASIA problem and no longer world wide.
    -

Why not? Because apparently enough people are paying for the game that it doesn't make sense to extend the free trial further. It's just that simple.

I can see the wow trial being extended a bit in the future of course, but who knows when that will happen. Also, it definitely wouldn't be up to level 50. Level 50 is essentially the cap of BfA, which will be the last but one expansion in a short while. For comparison, I think level 60 in FF14 is like 3 expansions back or something.

Also, FF14 is far more story focused than WoW is and the system in that game makes all of the old content relevant for all players, even the capped ones. Extending wow's trial by a couple levels does nothing apart from allowing people to do more "Kill 10 Mobs" quests in an additional zone. WoW is far more end-game focused and legacy content is used exclusively for leveling and farming legacy collectibles by outleveling the content.

New World is gonna suck

Anything else?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    Honestly, exactly that. EXACTLY