Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Realistically with DLSS 2.0 and whatever AMD's answer to that is, we'll see good 4k capable cards for $300-$400
    I hope that's the case. But, I've been disappointed so many times. Even the consoles are going to be PS3 levels of expensive from what we hear.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I hope that's the case. But, I've been disappointed so many times. Even the consoles are going to be PS3 levels of expensive from what we hear.
    That's why there's going to be a $200-$300 1440p version called the Series S from Microsoft.

Anyways... DLSS 2.0 was crazy impressive with control and Deathstranding so I have high hopes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I'm curious what AMD will show up with, Nvidia really needs to be put down a peg or two
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post

AMD wont have an answer for 3080 or 3090.
    Nice crystal ball you've got there, considering the only thing we know about RDNA2 is what's in the coming consoles and what can be extrapolated from that.
    It's really a lot of guessing because we don't have any confirmation of how big "big Navi" is, but if we assume it's around 80CU the performance should be somewhere between a 3080 and 3090 if we assume the leaks about %increased performance of Ampere cards is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    assuming a 3070 matches the 2080TIs performance and costs $500~... I'm absolutely ready!
    3070 matching a 2080TI seems a little far fetched imo. It might be within ~5-10% though so that might count as basically matching. Will probably be ~$600 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Nice crystal ball you've got there, considering the only thing we know about RDNA2 is what's in the coming consoles and what can be extrapolated from that.
    It's really a lot of guessing because we don't have any confirmation of how big "big Navi" is, but if we assume it's around 80CU the performance should be somewhere between a 3080 and 3090 if we assume the leaks about %increased performance of Ampere cards is true.

3070 matching a 2080TI seems a little far fetched imo. It might be within ~5-10% though so that might count as basically matching. Will probably be ~$600 though.
    That's totally fine with me! 5-10% behind for 600 dollars LESS is an excellent trade off in my opinion :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

I've actually been hearing the 3060 may match the 2080 TI's performance...

We shall see though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I've actually been hearing the 3060 may match the 2080 TI's performance...

We shall see though.
    0% chance of that happening. According to some more reputable leaks the 3080 is around ~30% more performance than 2080TI, 3090 around ~50% more performance.
    There is no chance the 3080 would be only ~30% faster than a 3060.

Realistically the 3060 might be somewhere around a 2070Super or 2080 performance.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    More news on the cards. The 3090 will have 24GB memory and the 3080 will have 10GB

Videocardz-Confirmed nvidia geforce rtx 3090 has 24gb memory rtx 3080 gets 10gb
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    More news on the cards. The 3090 will have 24GB memory and the 3080 will have 10GB

10GB is a bummer. I play most of RPG games at 7680x1440p (three 1440p monitors) resolution with 1080ti SLI and 11GB is barely enough, I hoped to get a decent single card upgrade.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-08-26 at 05:53 PM. Reason: correct resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    AMD havent released anything competitive since 2013, and Nvidia doesnt change generations more often than 2-3 years.
    Do you think it makes sense to pay $1500 every 2 years for a fucking GPU? I can live with paying less than half every 5 years or so. Not to mention that in Europe dollars become euros. In US it's a little easier to keep up with those fucking Kardashians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Do you think it makes sense to pay $1500 every 2 years for a fucking GPU? I can live with paying less than half every 5 years or so. Not to mention that in Europe dollars become euros. In US it's a little easier to keep up with those fucking Kardashians.
    I used to buy a new GPU every 2 years. Now since Nvidia has upped the pricing to nearly twice the price, I have changed to upgrading every second gen. They can suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    My budget for a card is $600-$800 so I mean if the 3080 is a little over 800 or right at 800 I'm going with the 3080 lol
    I would could for 3080 to be around $900.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    *AMD haven't had a halo product or competitive top end product since 290x.

But they've been competitive with pricing for quite some time. That probably isn't going to change. They won't have a 3090 competitor, at least till they get the tech Sony made for PS5 to RDNA3. But they should be able to get near the 3080, assuming the leaks of 3090 and 3080 performance are true.. And RNDA2 actually scales past 56CUs. And as the cost for chips isn't all that much. I can see them putting 3080 performance for around $600.

But who knows, at this point am starting to get tired of leaks and speculation. At least we will know if the Nvidia leaks are true. We may actually have a 4k gaming card isn't stupidly expensive.. Granted $600 is still hilariously high for a that GPU size is we compare to the past and look at chip prices and wafer costs.
    It's been said for a while that their top new product is a 2080Ti competition. Both 3090 and 3080 are going to be quite a bit faster than 2080Ti. Yea, in raw performance it's most likely going to be price competitive, but there's always downsides with AMD when it comes to GPUs: drivers and features, i.e. NVENC, CUDA acceleration, RTX.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I dont think it ever makes sense to buy a halo product, also most people dont upgrade every generation. But if you have the money and need the performance - why not.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Quadro are made for profesionnal CAD products, you can't compare performance between the two.
    A 20k pieces assembly in SolidWorks shits on a 2080 TI, but it runs buttery smooth on a Quadro.

Not that I agree with the price there either, AMD's counterparts are much better from a price/perf ratio, but once again...if you have fuck you money, you can tell everyone to fuck themselves I guess.
    One doesn't buy Quadro's for personal PCs. They're bought for work purposes and thus almost always on company finances.
    So it is basically "Fuck You Money". Beancounters will count the beans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post

That's.. A huge jump between the two. I figured we'd have the 3090 with 12-16. 24GB is Titan/Quadro territory

15+ Year Old Account
    AMD doesn't wanna "match" the 3090 Chads because they're ridiculous and wasteful and actually bait, whale fodder, to trick the boys into getting the 3080 or 3080s, ti, whatever gimmick they come up with. You know it to be true!!

In all seriousness though, I can't even think of a title I play that utilizes RTX. My next game purchase is going to be Wasteland 3, then Mr. Prepper, by then Shadowlands is in and BC is right around the corner.
    Imagine buying a 3080 to play RTXified WoW lmao..

A 3060 or w/e and whatever AMD puts out sounds enticing however. I actually like cards that don't use a lot of electricity, sue me.

I'm gonna replace my 4yr old PC when new ryzen and big navi will come out, have i7-6700k, 1070 card and 27' 60hz 1440p monitor, plan to get the 4700x, AMD's 3080 equivalent (if cheaper and same performance as a 3080, if not I guess I'll get the 3080 itself) and an ultrawide 1440p 144hz monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    AMD doesn't wanna "match" the 3090 Chads because they're ridiculous and wasteful and actually bait, whale fodder, to trick the boys into getting the 3080 or 3080s, ti, whatever gimmick they come up with. You know it to be true!!

In all seriousness though, I can't even think of a title I play that utilizes RTX. My next game purchase is going to be Wasteland 3, then Mr. Prepper, by then Shadowlands is in and BC is right around the corner.
    Imagine buying a 3080 to play RTXified WoW lmao..

A 3060 or w/e and whatever AMD puts out sounds enticing however. I actually like cards that don't use a lot of electricity, sue me.
    But having the fastest consumer card on the market is good for mindshare, and if you use that as your base, you can easily scale down by fusing bits off at the silicon level.

Almost no one buys them, but they serve as good marketing for the rest of your product stack

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    One doesn't buy Quadro's for personal PCs. They're bought for work purposes and thus almost always on company finances.
    So it is basically "Fuck You Money". Beancounters will count the beans.
    Well that was my point, not sure why he brought quadro into the comparaison.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But having the fastest consumer card on the market is good for mindshare, and if you use that as your base, you can easily scale down by fusing bits off at the silicon level.

Almost no one buys them, but they serve as good marketing for the rest of your product stack
    It doesn't really matter if AMD has the fastest GPU on the market. At least it didn't before. They've had faster, more energy efficient and cheaper cards before and Nvidia has still outsold them for no real reason other than their mindshare. Even when Nvidia had terrible generations like Fermi.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's.. A huge jump between the two. I figured we'd have the 3090 with 12-16. 24GB is Titan/Quadro territory
    They also comes with a new 12 pin connector. So you have to use an included 8 pin to 12 pin adapter for your 8 pin connector on the PSU

Theverge Nvidia RTX 3090 design 12 pin connector cooling
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2020-08-27 at 06:27 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account

What does this even mean and why are you responding so seriously?!?!?! Holy crap, a robot is addressing me. (About to go on ignore because he doesn't make sense!!)