Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    If the prepatch is on PTR now, I'd say we get the prepatch in October and launch November.
    So you expect the pre patch ptr to be on there for a month more? Wait whut.

I'll be getting back from my 4 month deployment in early October, I then have until November 9th with post-op leave. I'm going to be absolutely gutted if it's November 10th, like a lot have been speculating :/.

Mid October or even late November would be fantastic, but there's no hope in hell that I'll get any real time to play it initially if it releases the day I get back after 4-5 weeks of leave...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cloak hits max corruption resistance on the 8th September. I reckon we will get 4 weeks to play with that so prepatch will drop October 6. 3 weeks of prepatch, then we get the next expansion on October 27. First raid on either the 17th or 24th November, with mythic/lfr opening up a week later. to summarise:

Prepatch - October 6
    Expansion - October 27
    Raid - November 17 or 24

Late October or Early November i think makes the most sense for a release date, given everything we know.

I already know the release date based on the past. From the day they moved into official public beta to release day it was almost 4 months, that brings us to October 20th or 27th, everyone seems to gloss over that lmao. Literally every expansion that moved into their official beta phase where they start inviting randoms has been 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    10th November. It's only date that fits if Blizzard keeps usual schedule. And there also was hint in Beta (countdown to next brawl).

Pre-patch is more wild guess, but I lean towards 6 weeks pre-patch (3 weeks class changes+new leveling, 3 weeks pre-launch event). 29th September is perfect as last boost to Q3 numbers.
    This is what I think as well for both dates. 11/10 or 11/17 keeps the beta near the same length that Legion and BfA betas were.
    #TeamTinkers

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    This is what I think as well for both dates. 11/10 or 11/17 keeps the beta near the same length that Legion and BfA betas were.
    Yeah, but 11/17 has two things that works against it. First, it would put Mythic Nathria race 15th/16th December, which is way to close to Christmas (and it's very likely Denathrius will survive first reset). Second, 2 big RPGs launch that week: Assasin's Creed Valhalla on 17th November, Cyberpunk 2077 two days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, but 11/17 has two things that works against it. First, it would put Mythic Nathria race 15th/16th December, which is way to close to Christmas (and it's very likely Denathrius will survive first reset). Second, 2 big RPGs launch that week: Assasin's Creed Valhalla on 17th November, Cyberpunk 2077 two days later.
    The 10th is my guess, would put raid launch on the 1st of dec, and mythic on the 8th, plenty of time.

And release dates are set long ago internally, i doubt they would change over 2 single player games (that while there is some crossover, it isn't huge, i've seen multiple polls from guilds who have 1-2 people wanting to play it at launch out of 20-25)

January 2021
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I'm still holding on to my November 17th with 10th as fallback guesses. Beta has felt too short, and even though they have come up with some reasonable changes in these builds there are still quite a few outstanding issues or, even worse, things that they have only just added which might not get proper iteration time if they launch earlier. An October release is going to feel like a rush-job to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ecksit1 View Post
    I suspect it will be on October 28th as well for EU or 27th for NA, or any of them if they go for global launch
    It will be no doubt a global launch. Has been the last two expansions. 11pm UK time / 00:00am (Midnight) EU / whatever it was for everywhere else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    October 20th
    Same.. Sept 15th for Pre patch and Oct 20th for Shadowlands.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

11/10/2020
    I.O BFA Season 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Nov 17. This has been my guess since Blizzcon announcement and I'm sticking to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It will be no doubt a global launch. Has been the last two expansions. 11pm UK time / 00:00am (Midnight) EU / whatever it was for everywhere else.
    Seems to be the thing since OW anyway, legion was a standard launch IIRC but I figure everything going forward will be 00:00 UTC

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepatch: Sept. 29
    Release: November 10
    First Raid: December 8

Pre-Patch = Sept 8th
    Release = Oct 13th

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    If the prepatch is on PTR now, I'd say we get the prepatch in October and launch November.
    pre patch has been on ptr since august 11th. We've already seen pre patch event.

I say pre patch releases september 22nd and expansion realeases october 20. That gives 5 weeks to level and perform race to world first on tier 1 of shadowlands before US thanksgiving holiday.

Late Oct is my prediction.