Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I personally thought it was badass and defined Garrosh as a character who doesn't take shit for an answer. But I guess everyone is so easily offended nowadays that even this had to be 'fixed'. Sometimes... *facepalm* I really don't know where it is going.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    We'll see if the RTS department gets the memo.
    They already edited out a bunch if WC3 lines with the release of reforged. Iconic lines like the Dryad's 'I'm so wasted!' lines are already removed. Not sure about the son of a bitch line specifically though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Honestly,

I won't miss it. It always felt out of place to me.
    It kinda did... plot wise garrosh should of beheaded her there not say something mean.

I didn't like that line because it's rpg breaking. That word doesn't and wouldn't exist in this universe. That is real world langue. So the TWO TIMES she was called a b* in game was both rpg breaking.
    Last edited by Nathiest; 2020-09-02 at 04:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how long we have until they remove Summon Succubus
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Like when Sylvanas called Arthas "You son of a bitch". Look around in the thread for the clip.
    If you actually take time to watch the original cinematic where what happened, it is very different imo. The context is that he wronged her and she swore revenge on him and insults him directly.

Garrosh was different in that his writing culminated to just insulting Sylvanas for the sake of an insult. His context is that he doesn't like her for the way she does things, and just calls her a bitch for it. It was out of place in context and I always felt that.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-08-27 at 04:01 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmmmm..... who cares? like seriously? who the fuck cares about this kind of thing? so they removed it, for whatever reason, stop getting so worked up about it. Jesus fucking Christ!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    hmmmm..... who cares? like seriously? who the fuck cares about this kind of thing? so they removed it, for whatever reason, stop getting so worked up about it. Jesus fucking Christ!
    apparently it matter to people so they removed

you seem more angry than the people you are complaining

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It could always be both, dead and then her spirit chained to some sort of ultimate penance.

One thing's for sure, she is and will always be a bitch.
    How about ressurecting her and leaving her chained in hell? Dosen't she fear being alive again?

Maybe he could just call her an ass instead? Like "Watch your clever mouth, you ass!"

(The fact that was voice acted made it ever better lol)
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-27 at 04:10 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then why was it used in WC3 and then WoW multiple times?
    That's not really an argument unless you believe that mistakes can only be made once.

Over 25 years of Warcraft that has seen the IP cross over several mediums. Thousands upon thousands of lines of dialogue, hundreds of insults between characters. And the word "bitch" has been used like 5 times, and I'm sure any other PG-13 insults can be counted on one hand. It's hilarious (and pretty insane) that people are going fucking nuts about this as if it's some monumental change to the characters or the game. WoW dialogue isn't so nuanced that changing one word makes any difference. Garrosh still thinks Sylvanas is a real piece of shit, that's still very obvious in that exchange. The word "bitch" didn't make or break that sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I thought that the scene was shocking and had impact. It was the first moment where I was like... damn Garrosh is a pretty shit guy. I definitely think the new dialog doesn't have that same impact.

In this world, impactful dialogue takes a backseat to big, naughty words being directed at a woman.

A lot of people here, and the self insert in charge of narrative at Blizzard, can't differentiate between fiction and real life. It's actually sad.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing offends gamers more than not being able to revel in a fictional character using degrading language towards a fictional strong woman character.

The line being gone doesn't hurt the tone of the scene, and it costs us nothing to remove it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Ad Hominem detected.
    Don't be pretentious. Besides... chances are that's what it was, and the line stuck out like a sore thumb. Im not sure why it was important to remove it, but i can imagine there is some logic behind it that we just don't know. And im pretty sure most people either forgot he ever said that or never noticed it at all anyhow.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So where do we stop? If "murder and looting is commonplace and has WAR in it's name" - why not add rape and torture? (oh wait, we did have torture on Amber Ledge)

And why did YOU censor yourself, on a forum where it is "commonplace" to insult people with worse words. If you want to stick to your guns and expect Blizzard to NOT remove that word, write it fully, stand your ground and take a possible infraction like a man.

Even better, wait for a mod to correct the title and then attack them too ^^
    Wait until you find out what the orcs did to the draenei on Draenor before the first war...

Given the stated, and implied, things that happen in the game and lore saying "bitch" doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Then again, neither is removing it, so whatever.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So where do we stop? If "murder and looting is commonplace and has WAR in it's name" - why not add rape and torture? (oh wait, we did have torture on Amber Ledge)

And why did YOU censor yourself, on a forum where it is "commonplace" to insult people with worse words. If you want to stick to your guns and expect Blizzard to NOT remove that word, write it fully, stand your ground and take a possible infraction like a man.

Even better, wait for a mod to correct the title and then attack them too ^^
    I mean, WoW has had a significant amount of torture in the game - There are other quests in which you have to beat someone half to death to get information, to intimidate them, ect.

As for rape, Blizz has almost completely avoided any mention of sex in WoW, outside of the Steamy Romance Novels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I mean, WoW has had a significant amount of torture in the game - There are other quests in which you have to beat someone half to death to get information, to intimidate them, ect.

As for rape, Blizz has almost completely avoided any mention of sex in WoW, outside of the Steamy Romance Novels.
    As I was alluding to in my previous post. It is implied thats exactly what happened to Draenei woman by the orcish horde.

Where do you think Garona came from?

I always felt that Garrosh saying "witch" instead of "bitch" would have been more appropriate to the setting. They should have probably replaced it with the former instead of removing the word completely. I also realize that such language existed back in WC3 as many people here have pointed out, but that was a different game with an entirely different feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    As I was alluding to in my previous post. It is implied thats exactly what happened to Draenei woman by the orcish horde.

Where do you think Garona came from?

Alexstrasza the Aspect of Life was also raped for war purposes (breeding dragons for the Horde war machine).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't pointed out to me. That said Censorship can be a slippery slope, it starts with removing bitch then ends with replacing swords with pool noodles.