Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If he's ever appearing ingame I expect him to be broken and depressed like TBC Garrosh was , ashamed of what he did , and maybe have some dignity to suffer his punishment in the maw. I'd be glad to see him in the game but the Arthas I liked was the 'baddie' Arthas don't want him to turn blue angel or smth

Does the "aRtHaS dEsErVeD tHe MaW, hE wAs eViL" crowd even knows his story? From the afterlife perspective, the only things matter that he did willingly. So anything becomes irrelevant after he picked up the sword, it wasn't him anymore. Yes, he did some bad things even before that but none which wasn't justifiable. He wasn't any worse than Kael'Thas or Vashj and they both ended up at the Venthyr. So... no, Arthas didn't deserve the Maw and it wasn't Uther's duty to play judge and decide what is just and what isn't.

We already redeemed Illidan. Arthas died of his own hubris and doesn't deserve a redemption arc.

In an expansion about death let some characters stay dead, dangit. Are we going to handwave everything Sylvanas did in undeath to redeem her too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We already redeemed Illidan. Arthas died of his own hubris and doesn't deserve a redemption arc.

In an expansion about death let some characters stay dead, dangit. Are we going to handwave everything Sylvanas did in undeath to redeem her too?
    After how many times Blizzard said how Sylvanas isn't a new Garrosh, she has an agenda which is totally morally grey, we just can't see the bigger picture there is no way she will turn out to be evil. I'm sure they planned some ex-machina explanation where her actions will turn out to be justified and she will be a kind of savior.

I need to see a Arthas and Sylvanas off tbh. I need her to see him and release that all she’s done is because of him, and that all she’s become is him.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Calling it:

After the players finally defeat Sylvanas, she lies on the ground, beaten but alive. As Anduin suggest they bring her back to Stormwind to face trial, the Ashbringer appears from off screen, cutting her down and killing her.

There, in all his glory, is Arthas. Who says three words: "For the Horde."

Thrall and Baine lower themselves to the ground and say "Yes, Warchief."

Warcrafty music. Fade to black.
    This would never happen simply because he's too important of a character to now join a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    That isn't even remotely true. Sacrificing soldiers and murder to unlock frostmourne, killing mercenaries that aided him. Burning the ships of his men so they couldn't obey orders and go home. Among other things, all were done because of his own innate flaws and not because of mindcontrol or influence. It simply took mal ganis taunting him
    The biggest mistake Arthas ever made was to listen to Mal'Ganis. Uther walking away enabled Mal'Ganis to control Arthas with his taunts and set the path for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't really want him back, though i would like a small cameo of him, maybe we see him in the Maw as he appeared once to Sylvanas in there, with the appearance of a frightened child.

We see him in the distance, and if we go near, he just runs away in fear and disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    The biggest mistake Arthas ever made was to listen to Mal'Ganis. Uther walking away enabled Mal'Ganis to control Arthas with his taunts and set the path for everything else.
    You know, while I was reading your comment here, I thought how ironic it is that Uther kept trying to tell Arthas to let go of the obsession, his desire for vengeance and that they as paladins have to be above those kinds of things and Arthas kept trying to tell him, that he just couldn't and also didn't want to, because what the Scourge were doing to Lordaeron was just too horrible.

And now it's Uther getting that 'speech' and refusing to let go.

I wonder if they'll make Uther realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I actually don't really want him back, though i would like a small cameo of him, maybe we see him in the Maw as he appeared once to Sylvanas in there, with the appearance of a frightened child.

We see him in the distance, and if we go near, he just runs away in fear and disappear.
    I think that's the best place for this kind of stuff. Like they didn't resurrect Jaina's father, but his presence was felt throughout Kul'tiras and he had an impact on the story.

We don't have to cart every major lore character since WC3 home with us all nice and redeemed for them to play a part in the story in some form, which is what I'd much prefer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    You know, while I was reading your comment here, I thought how ironic it is that Uther kept trying to tell Arthas to let go of the obsession, his desire for vengeance and that they as paladins have to be above those kinds of things and Arthas kept trying to tell him, that he just couldn't and also didn't want to, because what the Scourge were doing to Lordaeron was just too horrible.

Arthas: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, Uther.
    Devos: Uther, you can't just-
    Uther: IT'S DONE! Those of you who have the will to save the Shadowlands, follow me! The rest of you...get out of my sight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Lol.. editing the title to "spoiler" when this is at best speculation and very obvious for everyone to see. There was also no reason why Blizzard would not put in a cameo of Arthas of all people.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheeva View Post
    Does the "aRtHaS dEsErVeD tHe MaW, hE wAs eViL" crowd even knows his story? From the afterlife perspective, the only things matter that he did willingly. So anything becomes irrelevant after he picked up the sword, it wasn't him anymore. Yes, he did some bad things even before that but none which wasn't justifiable. He wasn't any worse than Kael'Thas or Vashj and they both ended up at the Venthyr. So... no, Arthas didn't deserve the Maw and it wasn't Uther's duty to play judge and decide what is just and what isn't.
    Vashj was about as evil as Illidan. Pretty much the same crimes + being a Naga and a tad of small scale environmental damage. Oh, and she had a quest piece I needed so she had to face justice so I could get attuned to Mount Hyjal.

KT mostly wanted to help his people, but he was just a petty legion traitor.

Id agree though, Arthas wasn't so much evil as screwy from picking up the sword (and eventually the armor). He literally thought of those god forsaken wretches as his subjects. He did try and make us his subjects. That wasn't nice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What does that even mean? Arthas was a main character in the grand story of warcraft, not some prop.
    All characters are merely props in service to the true main character, the story itself. When you put the character ahead of the story you get modern Batman and see how that keeps working out for DC Comics. Yet another crash on the horizon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post

One was driven by their pride, the other driven by a wounded soul that was refusing to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think that's the best place for this kind of stuff. Like they didn't resurrect Jaina's father, but his presence was felt throughout Kul'tiras and he had an impact on the story.

We don't have to cart every major lore character since WC3 home with us all nice and redeemed for them to play a part in the story in some form, which is what I'd much prefer.
    Now that i think about it, it would be nice if we find Jaina's father, maybe in Bastion or Maldraxxus.

I'm sure those are not the "first place he went to", most likely first made a stop at Revendreth, but they do inform us, that the souls that go to Revendreth, are:

A) Found nonredeemable and send to the maw.

B) Are redeemed after a couple of years (or centuries) of torture

C) Are redeemed and stays in Revendreth as the Venthyr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    If he's ever appearing ingame I expect him to be broken and depressed like TBC Garrosh was , ashamed of what he did , and maybe have some dignity to suffer his punishment in the maw. I'd be glad to see him in the game but the Arthas I liked was the 'baddie' Arthas don't want him to turn blue angel or smth
    If we see him, i expect to see him as Sylvanas saw him in the Maw, a frightened child.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasFanboy View Post
    If he wasnt destined to the maw who is?
    Maybe no one is, and the only ones that get sent there are those that refuse their penance in the Shadowlands in Revendreth -or other realms- but everyone gets a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    He will definitely have a redemption arc. There is too much build-up for it to go nowhere, and Blizzard is not braindead, they know Arthas brings in ton of cash. His redemption arc will revolve around him helping us defeat Jailer and Sylvanas and earn a better afterlife for himself. Since it was revealed in this cinematic that he wasn't actually destined to the Maw (or anyway what happened to him defied the natural order), but was thrown there by Uther.
    Legion P2. Recycle characters that players like because they're too incompetent to create new characters that don't blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Well, someone's gotta be the Jailer once we kick the everloving crap outta the current one.
    Cue: Arthas, who will vow to keep the Shadowlands in check when we leave.

What?
    Sounds familiar?
    Like, maybe the exact thing that happened with Illidan in Legion?
    What?
    Do you think Blizz wouldn't rehash a past event for fan service?
    Do you really think they are above Arthas being Illidan 2.0?
    Considering BFA + Shadowlands + Unnamed Next Xpac is playing out like a paint by numbers retread of MoP + WoD + Legion, this is the likeliest scenario and when we return to Azeroth, we'll be met with a Lightbound Legion invasion led by Yrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This would never happen simply because he's too important of a character to now join a faction.
    While I agree that it would be incredibly, incredibly unlikely to happen, to suggest that Arthas is too important to join a faction is silly. He's no more important a character than say Jaina or Thrall, and they are both tied to a faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Calling it:

After the players finally defeat Sylvanas, she lies on the ground, beaten but alive. As Anduin suggest they bring her back to Stormwind to face trial, the Ashbringer appears from off screen, cutting her down and killing her.

There, in all his glory, is Arthas. Who says three words: "For the Horde."

Thrall and Baine lower themselves to the ground and say "Yes, Warchief."

Warcrafty music. Fade to black.
    I would faction change all my characters to Horde in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Legion P2. Recycle characters that players like because they're too incompetent to create new characters that don't blow.
    Seems to me Blizzard has no problems making new characters. Problem is that they turn around and kill them. Usually off scene...