Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1 warrior or 4 warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid, Frost DK, MM Hunter and Havoc DH

10+ Year Old Account
    My thinking currently is warrior tank, BM hunter, Blood/Frost DK, and probably resto/guardian druid.

I'm hoping to match toons with the aesthetic of a given covenant (e.g. druid for the Fae stuff), at least with these four. Whether or not I level more will depend on how alt-friendly SL is.

Because 31 120s burned me the f*** out in BFA. lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Main : Arcane Mage - Kyrian
    Alt : Balance Druid - Night Fae
    Alt : MM hunter - Necrolords
    Alt : Mechagnome Mage - Venthyr, because a mechagnome walking around in vampire territory makes so much sense

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Honestly my first 4 will be all the plate classes, with an extra DK.

DK is my main, the first will likely pick whatever Covenant is BiS, unless the difference is negligible, then i'll go Necrolords.

Then Warrior/Paladin will go Venthyr/Kyrian respectively. (If possible, again depends on what my main ends up going)

Then the second DK will whatever is left.

Main reasons being that I want all the plate sets, and I like playing Warrior and Pally anyway, so they're good alts to start off with for me. Will probably be a bit before I start this process though, getting everything done on my main comes first, alts will come when I have time to spare

Edit: That reminds me, if I collect say the Venthyr set on an alt, will I be able to mog it on my Necrolord main for example? Or is this locked? Does anyone know? And same with their mounts?
    Last edited by Arthilian; 2020-09-01 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Additional question

Horde: Warrior Warlock Rogue Mage
    Alliance: Paladin for now

I PUG a lot so Boomkin/Guardian Night Fae will be my main, still the only class in the game that can tank 5 mans and ranged DPS in raids, the 2 most in-demand roles for the respective forms of content. I wish there was another choice but there isn't.

Picking the best dps from every covenant, easy. As a main: lock - necro, you are trolling if not pick necro for affli/destro anyways, demo as a spec doesnt even count lmao

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    If you're not an altoholic, this question may not be for you

I'm trying to decide which of my toons to be my 4 (or 'first' 4) to go through Shadowlands with; the idea being one per covenant.

Basically curious, for those thinking along the same lines, what toons did you settle on and why?
    I'll probably be doing 5

Resto druid
    Resto shaman
    Holy/disc priest
    Mistweaver monk
    Holy paladin

Main: Void Elf Frost Death Knight - Necrolord
    1st alt: Void Elf Arcane Mage - Venthyr
    2nd alt: Worgen Boomkin - Night Fae
    3rd alt: Night Elf Fury Warrior - Night Fae

Bit strange to see two being Night Fae so early, but I have changed my alt priority so when those two are done it's only my hunter left there. Then paladin will be the first and probably the only one to be Kyrian. Then I see Rogue and Demon Hunter being Venthyr after that, and also Priest becoming Venthyr too, lol. Then my other mage, hunter etc will come.

Changing stuff a bit from the latest two expansions. Dusting off my boomkin which is a lot more fun to play in SL, Arcane Mage has always been there as top alt then the warrior which has always been a bit in the shadows. Same with new main Death Knight, never thought that would happen.

Eventually I'll be doing it across at least 16 characters to unlock every possible transmog. But at this point I'm not too far off having enough characters to dedicate each character to a specific spec, so I'll probably spread out my characters in a way that I get the abilities I most want for the dedicated spec of each character.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Rogue, Shadow pierst, Enha Shaman and Monk (probably tank).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Blood dk = Venthyr because obviously
    Outlaw rogue = I want to go Venthyr aswell for the armor, I guess necrolord for the ability, even though the armor set doesn't fit the theme of outlaw whatsoever, Guess I can always transmog it to the Antorus rogue set.
    Paladin: Kyrian, obviously not only because the plate armor looks super cool but divine toll is such a satisfying ability to use.
    Nelf shadow priest or druid: Ardenweald, because Ardenweald.

I'm focusing on PvP and M+ so mostly classes that are going to work in PvP with my teammates.

I'll probably start with Rogue which is my main since vanilla, than most likely DK and Priest. I'm not sure about anything beyond those. There's still time and I'm waiting for more balancing and data from beta before I decide.

Affli/destro lock - Necrolord
    Assa rogue - Night Fae
    Havoc DH - Venthyr (sadly, wanted to avoid the obvious combination)
    The 4th spot is still open, will either choose the class with a fun ability for Kyrian, or any otehr covenant for the class that I decide to play, since I'm not a fan of Kyrian theme at all

Paladin - Night Fae. I like the support-like role, as well as my paladin being a Tauren, was just happy to see a set the fits a non-naaru worshiping paladin.
    Druid - Necrolord. Insect swam and mangle had a disease spreading baby <3
    Hunter - Venthyr. Unless some sweeping changes come into play with my baby boy survival, probably do most content as Marksmen.
    Monk - Kyrian. Want to bring monk forward and this ability, while boring, is straight forward.

bonus - priest, eventually - necrolord, love the cloth set.

My son is having 4 paladins maxxed out, and 1 in each covenant..

Not a clue, has took me until now to decide on Venthyr for my disc, prob not gonna decide on my alts till i play them.

Haven't decided yet. I made a lot of allied races in BFA but I think I'll let them sit out this expansion and play some of my older characters instead. My composition will probably be (if I don't take into account which covenant for me is the best):

Protection Warrior (main) - Kyrian

Destruction Warlock (alt) - Venthyr

Unholy Death Knight (alt) - Necrolord

Fire Mage (alt) - Night Fae

I'll likely level a Priest, Rogue, Hunter and maybe Monk as my first 4, but I have no idea about covenants. I'll just be going with the ones that end up being best for PvP I guess, even if that means going the same covenant on multiple characters.