Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm an immigrant too, and now would go back.....if I knew how to speak Hindi and if my country of birth wasn't ALSO being run by nationalists.
    A couple years ago my wife and I asked the question - what would it take to move back to India? We were like...30 lakhs a year each would be a decent-ish start in Mumbai.

Today? A regime change, a cultural shift from jingoism and bhakt-ness and less fucking hatred across the board with a free press.

The US needs to be VERY VERY WORRIED about 4 more years of Trump. Things weren’t that bad in Modi’s first term. Pretty shit, but not the worst. I lived in Mumbai from 2012-2017. It’s unrecognisable now. It’s frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Funny the GOP base aren’t the anarchists destroying cities like Portland, Minneapolis, St. Louis, and Kenosha as examples.
    Yeah, they are just the ones spreading the virus because they don't think it will infect them, and then threatening cops with guns, and not even being looked at. But a Black guy has a cell phone? Apparently those are guns to blind cops.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, they are just the ones spreading the virus because they don't think it will infect them, and then threatening cops with guns, and not even being looked at. But a Black guy has a cell phone? Apparently those are guns to blind cops.
    They aren’t the ones protesting in Portland for 3 months straight. They aren’t the ones spreading Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    You cant afford to have almost free healthcare, free school and university and at the same time have mass immigration of people without skills that even after along time dont have work. And we see the result now, quality of school, healthcare and care of elderly is going down and down and heavy crimes are skyrocketing. Im not anti immigrant, if we took in work immigrants it would be fine, but too many are welfare immigrants.
    Oh geez, another round of "blame everything on the immigrants."

Ignoring that all of those things have dramatically improved for Sweden in the last 50 years, a large part of why they've dropped off in the last 20 years is that Sweden cut its social spending by nearly 25% in the late 90s, and it's remained there ever since. White nationalists who are trying to convince Swedes that immigrants are to blame for everything surely must spend most of their time desperately begging everyone not to delve too far into recent history, where they'd find out that these conversations started long before the "Immigrant Question" became the hot topic.

They aren’t the ones protesting Portland for 3 months straight. They aren’t the ones spreading Covid.
    Well, there is no evidence the protests are spreading Covid, and yeah, the ones without the masks the so called rallies to open states, have been spreading Covid.

Well, there is no evidence the protests are spreading Covid, and yeah, the ones without the masks the so called rallies to open states, have been spreading Covid.
    “Evidence”. You mean CNN and other leftist news isn’t reporting it? Of course they aren’t.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Evidence”. You mean CNN and other leftist news isn’t reporting it? Of course they aren’t.
    Actually, no news are reporting it. Those who are, simply using the same methods, as they do to prove the earth is flat. You think there are protests filling the streets in Florida and Texas?

Edit: There isn’t even a correlation, to assert causation... which in it self would be a fallacy... but, better than nothing:
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ing_brew#cases
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-02 at 11:38 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

You cant afford to have almost free healthcare, free school and university and at the same time have mass immigration of people without skills that even after along time dont have work. And we see the result now, quality of school, healthcare and care of elderly is going down and down and heavy crimes are skyrocketing. Im not anti immigrant, if we took in work immigrants it would be fine, but too many are welfare immigrants.
    If every other country has universal healthcare and pays 8-12% of GDP with 12% being the highest (in France) explain to me why Americans can't have that? American taxpayers pay 18% for healthcare, to cover some not all... while the EU guideline is no country should spend over 11% for universal care

Schooling is an investment... free schooling means opportunity and growth of sectors that are high paying thanks to more talent. This is overall good and worth it...

Why do you think immigrants do not have skills? You have Cuban doctors fleeing Cuba who work at fast food places because they have to go back to school to learn all over what they already know. You think they're unskilled? Do you think other countries only have unskilled labour and there are no such thing as computer scientist, doctors, researchers, engineers?

How do you expect countries to build bridges or buildings or man hospitals without engineers and doctors??????

Quality of school is going down precisely because they're not funded. healthcare cost are going up, because the government allows healthcare to be a profit centre than say... a way to keep your citizens alive.

You say crime is skyrocketing, but that's a bunch of easily provably false bullshit.

Immigrants use less welfare than Americans. Does this mean instead that we need to kick out Americans because they're "takers" who are producing?

You should be aware that immigrant communities often have a lot of small local businesses that a lower crime rate and that immigrants (including illegal immigrants) are less likely to commit crimes.

You say you're not anti-immigrant but you spout a bunch of xenophobia that is backed by no facts.

In fact, immigrants use fewer welfare and entitlement benefits in than native‐​born Americans.

These were the results of a new study we produced for the Cato Institute. We examined data from 2016 on programs for the poor, such as Medicaid and food stamps, and also the entitlement programs of Social Security and Medicare. The latter two are the largest portion of the welfare state and twice as large as all welfare programs for the poor combined. We found that immigrants use 39 percent fewer welfare and entitlements benefits per person than native‐​born Americans. Immigrants are less likely to use the individual programs in most cases and, when they do, the benefits they receive tend to be smaller.

In fact, immigrants use fewer welfare and entitlement benefits in than native‐​born Americans.
    Social Security retirement benefits provide a good example. Based on the data, adult immigrants are 47 percent less likely to receive Social Security benefits than native‐​born American adults. Furthermore, the average amount they receive in benefits is about $1,427 below that of natives in 2016. The net effect is that immigrants individually consumed 48 percent fewer Social Security retirement benefits than natives.

Supplemental Security Income provides another example. Lower immigrant use rates and benefits mean that the average adult immigrant consumes about 22 percent less in SSI benefits than the average native‐​born American adult.

Welfare and entitlement programs are generally intended to aid the poor and support the elderly, but only some Americans and immigrants fall into those categories. In another section of my study, we compare poor and elderly immigrants who meet the poverty and age requirements for those programs with native‐​born Americans who are also eligible. In this section, immigrants consume 27 percent fewer benefits than native‐​born Americans.

One reason why immigrants use fewer benefits is because they are often not eligible for them. Legal immigrants cannot get welfare for their first five years of residency, with few exceptions, mostly at the state level. Illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare except for rare circumstances like emergency Medicaid.

No, SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. Because I don't use just one source for my information, like apparently you and Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I was raised a liberal feminist globalist. Now I'm none of those things.

Being told repeatedly that I was the enemy because of the skin and sex of my birth, and censorship of "hate speech" are what changed me.
    So instead of wondering why or trying to understand. You immediately went from being okay with the world and women to disliking them?

That doesn't make sense, it sounds more like you were already slipping down that path instead. A white man who is very much aware of race issues isn't going to become racist because they're told about race issues... typically they may say no I don't know or understand/live it. You though... you seem like the type to say you know it all and how dare anyone say a thing.

It's kind of like white men who think they're under attack because someone says they have privilege... like you do... no one is attacking you... if you are scared of facts maybe idk... don't be?

I'm gay, if I say to a straight person they have a straight privilege you think then that they're under attack? You think they should turn homophobic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Ah, yes, the biggest liberal news network is leftist.
    I truly love far right politics where every news source that does not lick thee boots of the far right is leftist.

Reminds me of how Biden, Rutte and Merkel are all seen as left-wing by the far right, its one big joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its called contact tracing. Welcome to the 19th century virus tracking.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

America should have a better healthcare system, more like Canada and Sweden its insane how the american system works. With my illness there arent many countries in the world I would afford to live (medicin cost 1000 dollar a month, or sweden 200 dollar a year) if I was born in america I probably would have killed myself long time ago to not be a liability to my family.

The wave of immigrants we have had to Sweden lately have problems getting a work or even finishing school. After 8 years 50% still dont have a work and thats the fake good looking numbers where your considered having work if you work a few hours a week or have a fake work without salary.

- - - Updated - - -

So all its violent crimes that are in the news now was always here the papers just never mentioned them before? Was it really common with grouprapes, shootings and granades before and I just never knew. There is a reason why more and more starts voting on a party they would never have voted on before, that party have been right the last 10+ years and the others have been wrong.

I rather blame it on uncontrolled immigration then like some blame it on that we have to many old people.

- - - Updated - - -

What group of people are you talking on that have been on welfare long time? Here in Sweden its mainly sick people (but its not called welfare then), addicts and unemployed. (We have a problem with welfare combined with working, since welfare get your rent, medical, dental + 4-500 dollar a month. The job you get need to earn you alot more then that to be worth it for most people so many just stay home instead).

To much crimes comes with the immigration to call it a breath of fresh air. Sweden have gone from being a safe place to a place with no go zones controlled by gangs.

America should have a better healthcare system, more like Canada and Sweden its insane how the american system works. With my illness there arent many countries in the world I would afford to live (medicin cost 1000 dollar a month, or sweden 200 dollar a year) if I was born in america I probably would have killed myself long time ago to not be a liability to my family.

The wave of immigrants we have had to Sweden lately have problems getting a work or even finishing school. After 8 years 50% still dont have a work and thats the fake good looking numbers where your considered having work if you work a few hours a week or have a fake work without salary.

- - - Updated - - -

So all its violent crimes that are in the news now was always here the papers just never mentioned them before? Was it really common with grouprapes, shootings and granades before and I just never knew. There is a reason why more and more starts voting on a party they would never have voted on before, that party have been right the last 10+ years and the others have been wrong.

I rather blame it on uncontrolled immigration then like some blame it on that we have to many old people.

- - - Updated - - -

What group of people are you talking on that have been on welfare long time? Here in Sweden its mainly sick people (but its not called welfare then), addicts and unemployed. (We have a problem with welfare combined with working, since welfare get your rent, medical, dental + 4-500 dollar a month. The job you get need to earn you alot more then that to be worth it for most people so many just stay home instead).

To much crimes comes with the immigration to call it a breath of fresh air. Sweden have gone from being a safe place to a place with no go zones controlled by gangs.
    I'm an immigrant to the US, and quite frankly, I work harder than most of the Americans I knew in college, and I make more and therefore pay more in taxes than a lot of Americans. I'm in the third highest tax bracket ($160k-204k). Maybe Sweden should be more selective of which immigrants it lets in. The other question is, considering how hard immigrants work in America (and how many wealthy or successful immigrants the US has), is there something about Swedes, your society or your system or culture, that makes it harder for immigrants to work and make a life for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'm an immigrant to the US, and quite frankly, I work harder than most of the Americans I knew in college, and I make more and therefore pay more in taxes than a lot of Americans. I'm in the third highest tax bracket ($160k-204k). Maybe Sweden should be more selective of which immigrants it lets in. The other question is, considering how hard immigrants work in America (and how many wealthy or successful immigrants the US has), is there something about Swedes, your society or your system or culture, that makes it harder for immigrants to work and make a life for themselves?
    Seriously, what kind of immigration numbers are we talking about in Sweden.
    There is only a a few major destinations in Europe in regards to immigration and that's Germany followed by couple of other western europe country but definitely not in comparable numbers.

In the Netherlands I've kept hearing how Muslims are taking over the country, if you count the two groups (citizens with Moroccans and Turkish ethnic background) then your counting a total of 5% of the population...
    If Muslims can take over Holland with 5% of the population then maybe frankly they should.

It should be easier for immigrants to get low level work then Swedish since the companies need to pay less tax, so the only reason a company dont want to hire are if they had to much bad experience. But there have been starting to be a bit of problems mainly with immigrants working with elderly since they apparently pass the Swedish course without enough knowledge in speaking and understanding Swedish.

I would guess that small to medium size companies where the workers have alot of contact with eachother they mainly call people with swedish sounding surnames to interviews, family owned companies that works in manufacturing for example.

We have recently taken in alot of "refugees" with no skills and low education, many of them have no grounds for staying and are just welfare/economical immigrants. But until recent everyone complaining about massimmigration was called racist, now when the results are coming in and the anti immigration party have grown really big they have started talking about less immigration. But many areas in Sweden are becoming a shithole where white people are getting beaten, robbed and raped just because they are white.

No, SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. Because I don't use just one source for my information, like apparently you and Fox News.
    No I just use common sense. Thousands of people out protesting and rioting and no reports of Covid, but then Sturgis happens and they decide to report cases.

:thinking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Its called contact tracing. Welcome to the 19th century virus tracking.
    Oh and they can’t contact trace at protests and riots?

10+ Year Old Account
    No I just use common sense. Thousands of people out protesting and rioting and no reports of Covid, but then Sturgis happens and they decide to report cases.

Try thinking about masks.

Protesters are wearing them.

Stupid bikers and the stupid bands performing to them aren't

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Try thinking about masks.

Protesters are wearing them.

Stupid bikers and the stupid bands performing to them aren't
    Yeah okay. I’ve watched at least 25 protest and riots videos and half the people are not wearing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and they can’t contact trace at protests and riots?
    Well, your common sense isn't as good as SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. Plus we have studies that show it isn't happening.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe.../#44035e037dac

But you continue to be wrong, you seem to be good at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah okay. I’ve watched at least 25 protest and riots videos and half the people are not wearing them.
    Good try, but I just posted a link that specifically refutes you.