Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That wasn't as boring as I thought it would be, but yeah, I have no idea what's going on even after watching and it raises more questions than it does world building. It's a lot of posturing, re-introducing Draka, and then some obscure business about Maldraxxus, which seems to be one of the two more boring Covenants (guess the other one.)

I can see the good stuff will all be in Bastion and Revendreth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not gonna lie, I hope we'll meet Mankrik's wife somewhere in the Shadowlands...
    she would be a better pick than draka lmao

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Feel like a Draka that has no questions about her son or Durotan is very much out of character. Perhaps she does and its simply not shown, but I liked that about the uther short; he had questions. This short implies Draka just went along without so much as glance backward.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wander if same team did bastion bastion one as Maldraxxus. I had no idea who that blue haired woman was but somehow her character was way more deep than Drakka.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    kk gonna risk infraction but ...

maldraxus will be one huge forced "women power" storyline.

most likely badly recived by most of players -_-

convince me otherwise - its a chalenge .
    this was a thing since Legion with Sylvanas and others, but people didn't want to see, now they are just going heavy on it

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    nothing to do with arthas for me, could happily never see him again with no issue.

it just felt lame. characters were boring as is the story. bastion so far had a decent story with it and engaging characters, but ok, arthas is an easy scapegoat
    90% of the hate is because there no super hype lore figure in this one. We'll probably get the same complaints next week for the night fae one and then everybody will love the revendreth one because OMG Kaelthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not gonna lie, I hope we'll meet Mankrik's wife somewhere in the Shadowlands...
    If she is not there, I'll consider Shadowlands a failure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Feel like a Draka that has no questions about her son or Durotan is very much out of character. Perhaps she does and its simply not shown, but I liked that about the uther short; he had questions. This short implies Draka just went along without so much as glance backward.
    they could ahve being fucking used that in the begining like they did with tirion, showing some regrets and doubts, but nooooo, lets multiclasse into rogue cause its more COOL than thinking bout your familly.

I don't get the point of Maldraxxus. The other covenants all seem to have a purpose. Maldraxxas is about war? Who are they fighting? Why are they fighting? Looks like they are just fighting each other because reasons? What does that have to do with the afterlife? None of it makes any sense, and this video just made it even more confusing.

Yet another pathetic attempt to tie artificially the Shadowlands to WoW story and characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    90% of the hate is because there no super hype lore figure in this one. We'll probably get the same complaints next week for the night fae one and then everybody will love the revendreth one because OMG Kaelthas.
    gonna remember this one.

ITs not because there is no hype lore figure, is because the character is pointless, nonsensical to be there and the history told was bland forced into the rule of cool.

She was uncharismatic and you could not feel any connection or deep on it, who fucking care about her losing he teacher that nobody know about and no one saw their relation

With Uther at least th blue woman had some deep, energy, a charisma wheile tlking with the arbitrer, her hate and how she did justice by herself. If the cinematic was that and her alone it would still be better

This one is just not even close, like people are saying, its just "meh".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays writers cant write quality female characters for shit. No personality, just "im strong warrior woman" cliche.

I dont play beta but i guess Thrall will meet Draka in he Maldraxxus, so they could have at least give Draka some thoughts about her son, and even parallel her afterlife with Thrall character development. Show her downfall and rise as an example for Thrall to follow later.

But no.

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment demons went to the shadowlands.

Mankiri's wife needs to happen!

Who is Drakka again? Does an Alliance player, who only takes the game as his source for lore should know about her?
    And more important: Do I have to endure more of her story in the game?
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-09-03 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a pointless short, I feel like it could've been about a bunch of drunk skeletons joking about the Houses and The House of Eyes getting blown up in the background and we'd still have the same impression as this one. I really don't get why they keep calling her a Warrior when her background and establishment is in hunting but I guess they gotta try and convince us she fits in Maldraxxus somehow. Other than learning that "Draka is really important now guise, for reals.", that she apparently multi classed in Rogue, she's a McGuffin and that she looks so out of place looking like a normal Orc whilst all the other residents are skeletons and spider people, this short provides nothing worthwhile. No hints or suggestions why the House of Plagues fell, why the House of Eyes got blown or what is actually going on in Maldraxxus or even what "If we fail, the Shadowlands will fall" even means. As many issues as the Bastion short had, it at least told us some stuff about the Kyrians. There's literally zero info on the Necrolords here.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-09-03 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    I wander if same team did bastion bastion one as Maldraxxus. I had no idea who that blue haired woman was but somehow her character was way more deep than Drakka.
    Yeah I agree about the characters. Devos was a completely new character showed for the 1st time in the Uther cinematic, and yet she was compelling and super well received by the audience. Draka and these other nameless characters ... I personally felt little connection.

And to the point about the teams working on these. Yes, there were different people. Terran Gregory directed the uther one, not this one. Christie Golden wrote for this one but not the previous, etc. (Don't mean to put it on these specific 2 people, lots of people work on them, but it's just that they are names that are well known)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was good. Gives us a bit of a teaser as to what is going on in Maldraxxus (for those not in the beta or those who haven't read spoilers yet anyway). The hype for SL is slowly building up now!

So wait... did they retcon her again? This is the fourth time isn't it?

What a boring, meaningless cinematic.