Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So Ardenweald, while being a Death plane, has a connection to the Life plane. Makes sense considering it's all about rebirth there but what exactly would be the "life plane"? Does the six main places on the Cosmology have a plane? I assume Disorder is the Twisting Nether. Shadow has the Void obviously. Death=Shadowlands. I just can't figure out the Light, Life, and Order plane.

I think I'm getting a major headache trying to think about all of this.
    Well the arcane plane was mentioned a little in Legion with Arcane mages and Surmar quests/WQ. Seems to be a 4th deminsion where the arcane entities worship the Titans as gods. Light hasn't been shown anything yet.

The Lifelands is most likely a thing considering all other realms have their own planes. The Emerald Dream is an artifical life zone created by the titan keepers that tapped into the lifelands. Halls of Valor/Helheim are the realm of death artifical versions that Odyn created when he made his deal with the Death entity. So having a Summer Queen + life pantheon that creates life back into the universe would make sense. Having the realm of life in danger because souls are not being used and recycled would mean the Life lands are dieing as well. Could see blizzard just doing a lifelands patch in shadowlands tbh.

But the Emerald Dream was created by Freya, someone from the forces of Order. There should be something deeper I assume.
    The Emerald Dream on the Cosmology chart is exactly the opposite of Shadowlands. Freya is a Titan Watcher and as such a construct of order.
    All of the Titans (Ion even called them The Pantheon of Order in ... I think it was the Nobbel interview) and their constructs seem to have a sphere of responsibility, like Eonar with life (and as such, Freya too). But they are still first and foremost beings of order.

I think it is as many have speculated already, the Titans and their constructs bring order to stuff, but they don't create it, which would mean that Freya simply took what was already there and gave it more structure, made it compatible with what they were doing on Azeroth itself and maybe even strengthened the connection between the ED and reality (so it could be the 'blueprint' she wanted it to be)

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Is this the first time the Void Lords are mentioned in the actual game? All their other mentions come from Chronicles. Once again 10.0 is shaping up to be a Void expansion.
    I honestly doubt it. I find it highly unlikely will make a void expansion so soon after BfA. It's too soon. That's kind of like asking Legion to happen one expansion after TBC.

7+ Year Old Account
    But the Emerald Dream was created by Freya, someone from the forces of Order. There should be something deeper I assume.
    The chronicle is actually explicitly vague about it.
    We know Freya created/formed a dimension for titan purposes, whether she did so out of nothing or by tapping into another realm is intentionally kept vague.

For all we know, the ED is just like the SL an infinite plane of existence with infinite realms throughout it.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-09-05 at 07:54 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I honestly doubt it. I find it highly unlikely will make a void expansion so soon after BfA. It's too soon. That's kind of like asking Legion to happen one expansion after TBC.
    BFA was explicitly old god themed, not Void. As we see in Macaree the Void theme is primarily blue and space ideas while the Black Empire is Lovecraft.

Also, see WoD -> Legion.

So does that mean Lothraxion, the holy Dreadlord from the Paladin order hall, is only pretending to be fighting for the light? In reality he is serving death as much as any other dreadlord? And is death the jailer?

Similar to the titans, the naaru and their keepers are singular in purpose. Their adherence to a linear path is an obvious shortcoming.

They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly.
    Certainly seems like it.
    Last edited by Tharendil; 2020-09-05 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The chronicle is actually explicitly vague about it.
    We know Freya created/formed a dimension for titan purposes, whether she did so out of nothing or by tapping into another realm is intentionally kept vague.

For all we know, the ED is just like the SL an infinite plane of existence with infinite realms throughout it.
    I think I agree with Felrane and formerShandalay in that the ED is a "artificial Life plane" created by someone from Order tapping into Life magic. .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post
    So does that mean Lothraxion, the holy Dreadlord from the Paladin order hall, is only pretending to be fighting for the light? In reality he is serving death as much as any other dreadlord? And is death the jailer?
    Or he's been serving the Light for too long and truly believes he's part of them now and agrees with their ideals?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The old gods knew what was coming
    we will end up teaming up with the void lords and old gods
    they are the only force which arent blinded by a singular path

Oh and just because one-dimensional intrigue isn't enough, this book/letter might be fake just to make us mistrust everyone^^

That'd be right up the dreadlord alley too

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    The old gods knew what was coming
    we will end up teaming up with the void lords and old gods
    they are the only force which arent blinded by a singular path
    Just because they are Death's enemies doesn't make them our allies. They still want to corrupt the entire cosmos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Oh and just because one-dimensional intrigue isn't enough, this book/letter might be fake just to make us mistrust everyone^^

That'd be right up the dreadlord alley too
    Aw fuck we've been bamboozled. I just gonna assume it's real to keep the speculation going.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't choose-

they will choose me.

Love this kind of lore. A greater perspective that brings a lot of small bits of lore which can be confusing and make little sense, then BAM, a letter and it all comes together. Love that touch about Void Lords being so busy with their many truths. The Void Lords has always been so cool since they first got mentioned in WoW, and it is time we get a more closer look soon(10.0). Maybe even a Cosmic War!

Always enjoyed the greater lore in WoW, Burning Legion, Void Lords, Death and the cosmic forces all together. That's mostly been well made imo. Its all the small bits of lore like Factions in 2020 still being at odds with each other that does not make much sense.

The Cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one. Love it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    ‘Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others.’

'The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.'

Good lord, it all lines up. Did Blizzard actually plan this out? This Blizzard? The Blizzard that sometimes retcons an expansion before it's over?

So, did i get it right?

Light struck the Bargain with Death, because according to the writer of the book, Nathrezim work against all Cosmic Forces, while serving the Death. Death is the enemy of all other Cosmic Forces. Its the one of the mouthes that want to consume all others.

So, Light made a deal with Death, and thats the reason why Uther's part of soul in Afterlife cinematic was rescued and brought to Shadowlands.

Maybe Lotraxion being the commander of Army of the Light is the part of that deal? He is like an agent of Death that Death sent to Light's presence to keep in check the bargain they struck. Light itself may actually be well aware of Lotraxion's job.

Thats pretty cool and makes sense. I cant remember the Light and Death directly fighting each other on global map. I dont count Silver Hand vs Arthas confrontation, because its more of local and personal fight of characters, not forces.

More over, if to think that Arthas was actually preventing Death from consuming Azeroth, then the Light aiding Silver Hand to defeat Arthas may be seen as the part of the bargain between Death and Light. Light helped Death to remove the guy who held the Scourge.

This may certainly lead to Light being the next Force to deal with in the 10.0.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-05 at 08:40 PM.

Yes! that's the juicy lore speculation we, fans, like to see.
    Keep on the good job, Blizz.

But, i have only one question:
    If the Dreadlords are former Venthyr, then how did Lothraxion got infused with the light? The Venthyr literally disintegrate to ash when exposed to light.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-05 at 10:26 PM.

"Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified." "Our operative has already gained the trust of her target." Probably talking the Winter Queen and her sister...

"The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst." The Light has similar. Their conflict is eternal and they don't really care about shit...

"And as previously discussed, our position within the plane of Disorder is proceeding flawlessly. Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one." Talks about how the Nathrezim used to rule the planes of Disorder, prior to Sargeras' introduction.

Yady yady yada, they manipulate Sargeras and join his Legion, yady yady yada the Scourge is made, yady yady yada.

Basically, the Jailer's just a chad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    So, did i get it right?

Light struck the Bargain with Death, because according to the writer of the book, Nathrezim work against all Cosmic Forces, while serving the Death. Death is the enemy of all other Cosmic Forces. Its the one of the mouthes that want to consume all others.

So, Light made a deal with Death, and thats the reason why Uther's part of soul in Afterlife cinematic was rescued and brought to Shadowlands.

Maybe Lotraxion being the commander of Army of the Light is the part of that deal? He is like an agent of Death that Death sent to Light's presence to keep in check the bargain they struck. Light itself may actually be well aware of Lotraxion's job.

Thats pretty cool and makes sense. I cant remember the Light and Death directly fighting each other on global map. I dont count Silver Hand vs Arthas confrontation, because its more of local and personal fight of characters, not forces.

More over, if to think that Arthas was actually preventing Death from consuming Azeroth, then the Light aiding Silver Hand to defeat Arthas may be seen as the part of the bargain between Death and Light. Light helped Death to remove the guy who held the Scourge.

This may certainly lead to Light being the next Force to deal with in the 10.0.
    Light and Shadow are the next enemies to deal with. We're just going to be caught between their war.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes! that's the juicy lore riddles i like to see!
    Keep doing that, Blizz. We, players, love speculating.

But, i have only one question:
    If the Dreadlords are former Venthyr, then how did Lothraxion got infused with the light? The Venthyr literally disintegrate to ash when exposed to light.
    They likely aren't Venthyr. Instead, Denathrius is likely a (dead) Dreadlord who made the Venthyr.

Note that Denathrius looks much different than the other Venthyr he created. They lack his horns and hooves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    This is pretty minor and dull to me, some dude is writing a letter to some ther dude praising their skill, wit and capabilty, like th factions they mention are not doing the exact same thing to a lesser or greater extent, while it played out a certain way, that is not to say its all because of one little group of villainous villains, its supposed to be a vast universe right, sigh..
    This is the most exciting thing to come from lore in forever IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They likely aren't Venthyr. Instead, Denathrius is likely a (dead) Dreadlord who made the Venthyr.

Note that Denathrius looks much different than the other Venthyr he created. They lack his horns and hooves.
    But, he, too, will disintegrate when exposed to light, no? That's what being a vampire is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    This is the most exciting thing to come from lore in forever IMO.
    Lets see if it'll make it to Live, first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus the Light seems far more likely to happen BEFORE the Void.

- - - Updated - - -

The Venthyr are creations of a Prime Dreadlord, not dreadlords themselves.
    Isn't it the other way around?
    "Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one." - indicating that the Dreadlords are converted Venthyr, not the other way around.