Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I agree with most of this, but imo, the "master" in the text refers to the jailer.
    But the writer suggests their Master is "most wondrous" and "resplendent." Could the jailer be/want to be considered resplendent?

Quote Originally Posted by boketto View Post
    But the writer suggests their Master is "most wondrous" and "resplendent." Could the jailer be/want to be considered resplendent?
    Could it have been written before he became the "Jailer"? I assume he didn't always looked this pale and void of color.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be possible, that dreadlords are actually an Gargoyles, what were corrupted by Burning Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Could it have been written before he became the "Jailer"? I assume he didn't always looked this pale and void of color.
    If it's an ancient message, then anything is possible. But then the writer of the message is also ancient and may or may not necessarily be around anymore.

There's a lot in this link that could tie all of this:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295827/...is-speculation

Also this shot with Sylvanus and a horrible version of her face hinted at her allegiance.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    because he knew the consequences of defying the sacred law of the nathrezim
    Ah right, the most sacred of laws. The law that was mentioned, let me see,...

once?!?!?!?

Also this shot with Sylvanus and a horrible version of her face hinted at her allegiance. ]
    Please never do that again without warning.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317839/...story-spoilers

reading this wowhead post
    makes me think ashbringer came from the shadowlands
    remember he found the crystal on a shadowmoon warlock and we know from wod that the shadowmoon clan was able to walk through the shadowlands, and ner zhuls fight technically takes place there
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ner%27zhul_(tactics)
    the shadowmoon clan appear to be both death and void connected, and in the maw intro on beta, thrall comments on a ritual done to baine he seen the same magic on draenor

and think about it what it does functionally,
    it shatters frostmourne(another weapon from the shadowlands) and releases all of the spirits trapped inside, almost as if it was designed for that purpose
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-09-06 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm having trouble trying to find info on the Brokers, apparently it's mentioned somewhere they're critical natives to the Shadowlands as they're the only ones able to freely move throughout them and outside them but all I keep coming up with is that their native realm is unknown, they only just developed interest in Oribos as of the player's arrival, have always been able to enter and leave the Maw with no issue, trade with all the covenants and that they've been hoarding power for awhile. They seem like a huge unknown for something that supposedly has such a huge powerbase and no affiliation except to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317839/...story-spoilers

reading this wowhead post
    makes me think ashbringer came from the shadowlands
    remember he found the crystal on a shadowmoon warlock and we know from wod that the shadowmoon clan was able to walk through the shadowlands, and ner zhuls fight technically takes place there
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ner%27zhul_(tactics)
    the shadowmoon clan appear to be both death and void connected, and in the maw intro on beta, thrall comments on a ritual done to baine he seen the same magic on draenor
    Well unless they've changed their minds since.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So I'm having trouble trying to find info on the Brokers, apparently it's mentioned somewhere they're critical natives to the Shadowlands as they're the only ones able to freely move throughout them and outside them but all I keep coming up with is that their native realm is unknown, they only just developed interest in Oribos as of the player's arrival, have always been able to enter and leave the Maw with no issue, trade with all the covenants and that they've been hoarding power for awhile. They seem like a huge unknown for something that supposedly has such a huge powerbase and no affiliation except to themselves.

Well unless they've changed their minds since.
    I think it is connected to both in some way, i think the void has a particular interest in the maw, since ilgynoth and nzoth basically predicted beforehand alot of the events leading up to shadowlands, and explicitly hate death ( as a cosmic force)

- - - Updated - - -

So theres these obelisks all around the shadowlands

they are actually used as respawn points, where if you die you respawn at one of the obelisks, but they are opened up as a portal, just like the one you use to escape the maw alot of people had wondered about these but one of the orbios guys tells you about them
    basically us ( the champions) are forbidden to die on azeroth by the same force as preventing us from dying in the shadowlands, and enabling us to escape the maw.

- - - Updated - - -

What happens when we kill something in Shadowlands? Does it go to Maw? Respawn? Cease to exist? Have there been any statements about it or just speculations?

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    What happens when we kill something in Shadowlands? Does it go to Maw? Respawn? Cease to exist? Have there been any statements about it or just speculations?
    It is gone for good.

There's a lot in this link that could tie all of this:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295827/...is-speculation

Also this shot with Sylvanus and a horrible version of her face hinted at her allegiance.
    Yeah. I have been saying that for 2 years. I knew that Sylvanas was not loyal to the Horde, but to Death. I even noticed the clear parallel between her and Lich King (he also said that everyone would serve Death). And would you look at that, it was revealed that Lich King, much like Sylvanas, was an agent of the Maw.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    it was mentioned in Blizzcon that both Frostmourne and HoD were forged by Runecarver (he was called runesage then)
    I don't really understand why this retcon was necessary. The Burning Legion was perfectly able to create weapons capable of stealing souls by using fel magic. This was established time and time again within the lore.

All of this makes it look like they made the entire expansion based on the premise of "what if Frostmourne wasn't made by the Legion but in a place where everything is designed to look like Frostmourne". Must be really shitty to be so creatively bankrupt that you have to cannibalize your own universe in order to throw out your bi-yearly expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    • Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified. Our operative has already gained the trust of her target: Unsure who this is in reference to? I don't recall seeing anyone with ties to the Nathrezim active in Ardenweald. My immediate suspicion goes to Ysera, who still bears the corruption of the Nightmare even in her lifeseed, but there's still nothing that links even corrupted Ysera to the Nathrezim.
    That text only clarifies that the target is female, basically 99% its the winter queen, the text is old so... who is ancient, got contact to ardenweald long time ago and gained the trust of the winter queen? only 1 person as far as we know: bwonsamdi.

It checks out, and if you look at the changes in the other side dungeon it even makes more sense, earlier versions of the dungeon we killed muehzala a known ally of the jailer. Now on the latest updates we only subdue him leaving bwonsamdi in control

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    That text only clarifies that the target is female, basically 99% its the winter queen, the text is old so... who is ancient, got contact to ardenweald long time ago and gained the trust of the winter queen? only 1 person as far as we know: bwonsamdi.

It checks out, and if you look at the changes in the other side dungeon it even makes more sense, earlier versions of the dungeon we killed muehzala a known ally of the jailer. Now on the latest updates we only subdue him leaving bwonsamdi in control
    No no no... I think it's more likely to be Ysera. Notice it also says 'beware the eyes of green'? And she had green eyes before she died. But so do most Druidic creatures. Plus, the Winter Queen clearly hates Bwonsamdi and his Loa pals. Just look at what she says to him when he goes to her for help?

If they make it that Bwonsamdi's actually a Dreadlord, I swear....
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-08 at 08:31 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    No no no... I think it's Ysera. Notice it also says 'beware the eyes of green'? Plus, the Winter Queen clearly hates Bwonsamdi and his Loa pals. Just look at what she says to him when he goes to her for help?

If they make it that Bwonsamdi's actually a Dreadlord, I swear....
    that comes from the whisper not the text(which makes it less reliable, also we don't know the color of bwonsamdi "real" eyes also eyes in this can mean a lot more than physical eyes like observers,spies,etc), the text is old(like really old), ysera as far as we know knew NOTHING and had 0 relations with ardenweald and the winter queen until she died in legion and WE help her in SL, also in any case she might be a agent of the void not death.

so unless you find someone in ardenweald (native or living there for a long time) that is close to the winter queen and have green eyes, bwonsamdi is the safest bet
    Last edited by azkhane; 2020-09-08 at 08:33 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    that comes from the whisper not the text(which makes it less reliable, also we don't know the color of bwonsamdi "real" eyes also eyes in this can mean a lot more than physical eyes like observers,spies,etc), the text is old(like really old), ysera as far as we know knew NOTHING and had 0 relations with ardenweald and the winter queen until she died in legion and WE help her in SL, also in any case she might be a agent of the void not death.

so unless you find someone in ardenweald (native or living there for a long time) that is close to the winter queen and have green eyes, bwonsamdi is the safest bet
    Shit... I really hope if it IS him, Blizzard changes their minds. The thought of using Bwonsamdi for this turns my stomach. I feel like giving up on playing WoW and its Lore
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-08 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Shit... I really hope if it IS him, Blizzard changes their minds. The thought of using Bwonsamdi for this turns my stomach. I feel like giving up
    Calm down my man, here's a hug \o/

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Calm down my man, here's a hug \o/
    Aww thank you I'm sorry, I just tend to overreact if something really upsets me.

I'm okay now btw

I don't think the operative can be anyone we know. Again, this missive was written when the Titans were still united and Sargeras uncorrupted, which means this was at a time when the Black Empire still ruled Azeroth (The other Titans stumbled upon Azeroth after their initial disagreement with Sargeras, which should not have happened at that point in time).
    And we are talking about a point in time here, not about some passage of time, so wether time flows differently in the Shadowlands changes nothing about the point in time this was written.
    I don't think this can be Bwonsamdi or Ysera (or any of the Dragonflights), because they came after the Black Empire.

Also, Bwonsamdi seems to be in a bit of a pickle with all the Death-Ladies. The Winter Queen is not as hostile towards him as Eyir, but almost. I guess he was already a trickster when he was still alive
    I did not think the Winter Queen is hostile to all the other Loa, I mean she is the one responsible for their rebirth after all. When she says she doesn't want to be involved in their squabbles, it's only logical I think. If they fight, they fight over power in the mortal plane and she can't have any part in that. Because no matter who wins or loses, or who does 'evil' or 'good', she will have to rebirth them all, she can't be taking sides.