Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Aham, I guess Northrend, Pandaria, the Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and Zandalar appeared out of nothing, because the official map didn't have them at some point.

That's just stupid.

Anyway, I'm saving this post for the future

America would be the "Other Side of the world" in this map.
    Again, apples and oranges. For you to make sense, you must subscribe to the flat-Earth mentality. Warcraft's humans have been to outer space and seen the planet. Pandaria shrouded in mists was a huge exception, Blizzard is not going to do the same with every massive new continent they introduce going forward barring gross lack of creativity. There are still sure, many yet undiscovered islands and maybe smaller landmasses, but there is "no other side of Azeroth." For there to be half a planet's worth of empty ocean with say, continents the side of KE, Kalimdor, etc. when the Titans have never hinted as such would be a monumental retcon to every bit of lore established since Warcraft to now, and would take focus away from KE and Kalimdor as originally Azeroth's pre-dominant continents in what made up formerly a mega continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Are you a flat earther? Because saying there's another side to azeroth's map is like saying there's another side to earth's map.

The in-game map is a flat representation of a round globe, just like earth. There is no other side.
    I also thought so but during BFA, Blizzard gave hints through island expedition that this might not be the case. We are only seeing one side of the Azeroth. What we see is just one shattered continent which was called Kalimdor 10000 or more years ago. Azeroth is round, just like our world and we have only been going through one side. The other side his hidden through magical fog and such. No ships have ever returned after going through that fog or something. Have your ever seen any ship route that goes through east of eastern kingdoms to reach west of Kalimdor? Nope, many ships tried that but they all disappeared. It makes the denizens on Azeroth speculate that there are other lands through the fog and there is another side to the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Damn, would be cool to see what's on the other side of this map:

That's right.
    You people are blowing things out of proportion! Go east from Australia and you will arrive at the west of south america. Now take Azeroth, go east from Eastern Kingdom and you should appear at western Kalimdor but it never happens. Why? According to missives found during island expedition, there are some kind of fog of veils that are hiding something. So Azeroth map is not complete. Think logically as to how a round world like our world works and use it for Azeroth. It should tell you enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Blizzard will make it up as they go along anyway, so it makes 0 difference what is already established in the lore or books. They will change it in a heartbeat if they want to.
    Yeah they can just change old cutscenes and what not just to suit the new addition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People are getting way too persnickety about the way the OP phrased this.

Clearly, they mean an area that's west of kalimdor and east of the eastern kingdoms and is not currently shown

We simply assume that Azeroth's map shows it in its entirety. That could simply not be the case and the map that we see in-game does, indeed, only show part of azeroth's surface. In essence, that we're viewing but one hemisphere on Azeroth.

And I can hear the "well actually" people pushing up their glasses in anticipation of citing the titan globes found in Ulduar that clearly only show kalimdor and the eastern kingdoms and Northrend and nothing on the reverse face of the globe... that same titan globe also didn't show Pandaria... The broken isles... kul'tiras... or Zandalar... landmasses that we clearly know to exist... and whatever lore reason you might hem and haw to be the case that these landmasses didn't show, it's clear that that's simply because blizzard didn't plan that far in advance. The same could be said for anything on the reverse side of azeroth.
    Well said.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The entire premise of your argument hinges on the assumption that the whole of Azeroth's surface has yet to be charted. Blizzard has not officially confirmed one way or another, and would be foolish to do so in a game based on "expansion." By that logic, as long as the game continues receiving updates, it will never be "complete" until it enters maintenance mode. You're thereby moving goalposts.
    It's not "moving goalposts", really. There were areas of the in-game map of Azeroth that were missing but were known to exist in the lore, before they were added to the in-game's world map. Those locations beins: Northrend, Kezan, Tol Barad, Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and Zandalar.

And as for Pandaria, that continent further reinforces the idea of an "unexplored area of the map" considering that it is literally an UNCHARTED continent that sits between the supposedly "charted" area that exists between Kalimdor's east coast and the Eastern Kingdom's west coast.

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms have always, to this day, been the focus as the most notable landmasses on Azeroth. Short of a major retcon (which I wouldn't doubt...), the existence of a landmass or continent relevant enough to be comparable to either one, or even Northrend or Pandaria, is kind of ridiculous.
    Why? Why would it be "ridiculous"? Did you call it "ridiculous" when the continent of Pandaria was described as being "uncharted" despite being almost the size of Northrend? Why would these "new continents" on the other side of Azeroth have to be "the size of Kalimdor or EK"? Seems like you're making that statement only to make the idea sound ridiculous.

Until these fictitious landmasses, or "other side of Azeroth" are conjured up and created, they are nothing but yours, and OP's personal head canon.
    It's also headcanon to state that those maps we see are "complete" when there is no statement that they are, and there is evidence that it might not yet be fully charted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They did in Legion, when we could see the entire planet rotate. There is no "other side".

read above.

Once more, read above.
    Mmhm. Let me present to you Azeroth's globe, courtesy of the ones who terraformed Azeroth, i.e., the Titans:

That globe of Azeroth can be found in Ulduar. And do you see anything interesting, there? Yes. It's missing:
    • Kezan
    • Tol Barad
    • Broken Isles
    • Kul'Tiras
    • Zandalar

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    We’ve seen Azeroth from Space - there is no “other side”.
    Read above.

That's because spheres are a 3D representation of the world. the 2D map isn't. Turn it around and it'll be blank (like the picture i posted in the first page). Meaning, all of the world landmasses and oceans are already represented there, albeit, in a more condensed way.
    And that is irrelevant, because I'm not talking about the map, but the planet. The 2D map is jut a representation of the charted area of Azeroth.

And a contributor to this idea of "other side of Azeroth" is the fact that when you boarded a ship to go from Teldrassil to Stormwind, the ship would go up Kalimdor and then ship close-ish to the maelstrom to reach Stormwind, instead of going west and circling around Kalimdor. Or when you took a zeppelin from Undercity to Orgrimmar, it flew close the Maelstrom, instead of taking the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Mmhm. Let me present to you Azeroth's globe, courtesy of the ones who terraformed Azeroth, i.e., the Titans:

That globe of Azeroth can be found in Ulduar. And do you see anything interesting, there? Yes. It's missing:
    So you want to use an outdated 13 year old image as argument vs something from the end of last expansion. Get out lmfao.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

5+ Year Old Account
    So you want to use an outdated 13 year old image as argument vs something from the end of last expansion. Get out lmfao.
    The view from agrus shows that kalmidor and eastern kingdoms are mostly on the same side of Azeroth.

There is still plenty of room for smaller continents to the west of kalmidor or east of EK

And WOOSH! goes the point above your head. Whether accidentally or intentional, doesn't matter.

The point is that this "outdated 13 year old" image was used, at the time, as a representation of the whole of Azeroth. And yet, as time went on, we saw that the Titan's own representation of Azeroth was wrong as the images there are missing the landmasses I pointed out that already existed within the lore at the time.

And also: that means that, as expansions roll out and more landmasses are added to Azeroth, the world shown in Legion will go the same way as the Ulduar maps: it'll become outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not "moving goalposts", really. There were areas of the in-game map of Azeroth that were missing but were known to exist in the lore, before they were added to the in-game's world map. Those locations beins: Northrend, Kezan, Tol Barad, Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and Zandalar.

And as for Pandaria, that continent further reinforces the idea of an "unexplored area of the map" considering that it is literally an UNCHARTED continent that sits between the supposedly "charted" area that exists between Kalimdor's east coast and the Eastern Kingdom's west coast.

Why? Why would it be "ridiculous"? Did you call it "ridiculous" when the continent of Pandaria was described as being "uncharted" despite being almost the size of Northrend? Why would these "new continents" on the other side of Azeroth have to be "the size of Kalimdor or EK"? Seems like you're making that statement only to make the idea sound ridiculous.

It's also headcanon to state that those maps we see are "complete" when there is no statement that they are, and there is evidence that it might not yet be fully charted.

• Kezan
    • Tol Barad
    • Broken Isles
    • Kul'Tiras
    • Zandalar

Read above.

And that is irrelevant, because I'm not talking about the map, but the planet. The 2D map is jut a representation of the charted area of Azeroth.

And a contributor to this idea of "other side of Azeroth" is the fact that when you boarded a ship to go from Teldrassil to Stormwind, the ship would go up Kalimdor and then ship close-ish to the maelstrom to reach Stormwind, instead of going west and circling around Kalimdor. Or when you took a zeppelin from Undercity to Orgrimmar, it flew close the Maelstrom, instead of taking the other way around.
    That's a game mechanic. They want to show players cool dots and Xs, not elaborate on what are the shortest paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. There is no "other side of Azeroth." The 2-dimensional map we see wraps around a globe.
    Technically, there is. The globe representations, as they said mutiple times, are inaccurate and not only that, they said that there is a sea that no one has ever comeback from.

Maybe they have changed their minds, but that was the reason given during Legion.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Technically, there is. The globe representations, as they said mutiple times, are inaccurate and not only that, they said that there is a sea that no one has ever comeback from.

Maybe they have changed their minds, but that was the reason given during Legion.
    Well, i think the same was said about the mists surrounding Pandaria, and that continent is not on some "other side" of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    You people are blowing things out of proportion! Go east from Australia and you will arrive at the west of south america. Now take Azeroth, go east from Eastern Kingdom and you should appear at western Kalimdor but it never happens. Why? According to missives found during island expedition, there are some kind of fog of veils that are hiding something. So Azeroth map is not complete. Think logically as to how a round world like our world works and use it for Azeroth. It should tell you enough.
    On the other side from the Kalimdor on the Azeroth globe are... Eastern Kingdoms.

Chronicles and newest map from the Legion(when you fight with Argus) clearly proves that. I mean, there could be small isles(Dragon Isles for example), but nothing as big as a separate continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, the most up to date information is that there is no other side to Azeroth. Blizzard have been pretty conclusive that the Titan's made Azeroth into this:

(Titan View)
    even showing it in game:

and it roughly became this:

(Factions that don't have a gods eye view).

So unless the Titans just ignored a land mass when they were merging everything together as they shaped it and forgot to mention it in their own records despite scouring the planet or someone literally raised a continent out of the sea and Blizzard is sending us into the literal realm of the dead as they don't care enough about them yet to have them react in any way to the number of World Shattering events that have occurred on Azeroth over the last couple of years as a result of another continent they didn't know even existed or bothered finding out about, there isn't another side.

Of course in comes Blizzard in two years time and the Lizard Council of Halgadeia located on the opposite side of Azeroth wants to know what is going on in this foreign Empire of Crapshoot.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Again, apples and oranges. For you to make sense, you must subscribe to the flat-Earth mentality. Warcraft's humans have been to outer space and seen the planet. Pandaria shrouded in mists was a huge exception, Blizzard is not going to do the same with every massive new continent they introduce going forward barring gross lack of creativity. There are still sure, many yet undiscovered islands and maybe smaller landmasses, but there is "no other side of Azeroth." For there to be half a planet's worth of empty ocean with say, continents the side of KE, Kalimdor, etc. when the Titans have never hinted as such would be a monumental retcon to every bit of lore established since Warcraft to now, and would take focus away from KE and Kalimdor as originally Azeroth's pre-dominant continents in what made up formerly a mega continent.
    You say this, but where was Kul Tiras and Zandalar when we saw the planet? You gotta realize that anytime you see a globe in this game it's considered non-cannon. I mean just look at the ulduar globes. It has been confirmed in lore that the forbidding sea is very large, and any ship that crosses it never returns. They're obviously hinting at something to be there that isn't shown on the maps. I don't understand why you are trying to dismiss people as "flat earthers" when this argument is over a fictional game created by a company who can honestly do whatever the fuck they want.

Yep, no landmass.......yet. lol debunked for now. Can't believe people forgot this, watched the globe spin as soon as I noticed and realized nope that's it. maybe some small islands in the ocean but nope like the pacific. they would have to get the broken isles treatment increased size.

10+ Year Old Account
    EK and smaller Kalimdor(And pandaria) were considered the *main* continent in chronicle. So.... if it was the only one, main wouldn't even be used. Also that argus view is very vague and Blizzard clearly wasn't going to abandon the "other side" plot thread. The fact you don't see anything doesn't mean there's nothing there. I mean hidden continents(And land) is still a thing(Uldum, Pandaria).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

if blizz wants a landmass there will be one, it's pretty easy to explain to.. add in some quest/lore that the titans hid the landmass(es) for XYZ reason to protect those on the other side from the <insert evil here> or that some other cosmic force created it as part of the plan against the titans since SL seems to be hinting at lot more going in the cosmic sense of things. The later would work really well to explain why none of the titan globs had it or why it wasn't visible from argus if another cosmic force shielded it from view.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Are you a flat earther? Because saying there's another side to azeroth's map is like saying there's another side to earth's map.

The in-game map is a flat representation of a round globe, just like earth. There is no other side.
    You clearly havent been paying attention.

Blizzard has, can and will pull landmass out of thin air (and makeup lore to doso) if it suits the story they want to tell or expansion they want to do. There very well could be another side of azeroth with multitudes of new continents, IF blizzard want to make that expansion. They'll simply say it was cloaked/shrouded in mists/hidden by the titans etc. They did this for the Uldum zone (cata) and MOP expansions.

Dont give us this ridiculous excuse that 'the ingame map is a representation of the whole world - so there cant be anything else'. They can add anything to it , at any time, for any reason or justification.

The reason ingame maps etc are cagey or dont show another side is simply because Blizzard hasnt (that we know of) got plans to tell that story. It does NOT mean they are prohibited or cant ever change their mind in future to doso.

That's a game mechanic. They want to show players cool dots and Xs, not elaborate on what are the shortest paths.
    And the "cool dots and Xs" would be just as "cool" if they went in to one side of the map and came out the other, to show that one side of the map connects to the other without "anything in between".

15+ Year Old Account
    Tadaaa! :

snip
    lol lol lol, milk in nose not funny!

OT, they could to an Atlantis type area, big underwater cities (with giant air-pockets). But why would we go there?

I rather see floating Dragon Isles, they could go crazy with that.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2020-09-07 at 05:12 PM.

This. There is no "other side of Azeroth." The 2-dimensional map we see wraps around a globe.
    Except there is. We've seen that it exists. Unless BFA is your first expansion of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    On the other side from the Kalimdor on the Azeroth globe are... Eastern Kingdoms.

Chronicles and newest map from the Legion(when you fight with Argus) clearly proves that. I mean, there could be small isles(Dragon Isles for example), but nothing as big as a separate continent.
    Then why can't we go east from eastern kingdom to reach western part of Kalimdor and vice versa? Why ships that tried this kind of route, vanished into the mysterious fog and never returned?

And that map in Argus fight can be changed any time by blizzard. After all, they have begun teasing this with island expeditions in BFA.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.