Realm Connections planned for September 9-10 (EU)

Realm Connections planned for September 9-10 (EU)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 9:00 p.m. CEST on 9 September, ending at approximately 5:00 a.m. on 10 September, the following realm connection will be made:

• The Darkspear, Saurfang, and Terokkar realms will join the Bloodfeather, Burning Steppes, Executus, Kor’gall, and Shattered Hand realms.
    • The Darkmoon Faire and Earthen Ring realms will join the Defias Brotherhood, Ravenholdt, Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar, and The Venture Co realms.
    • The Dragonblight and Ghostlands realms will join the Deathwing, Karazhan, Lightning’s Blade, and The Maelstrom realms.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post a new notification like this one next week.

Thank you!

nice my old server will get merged shame it was dead realm already back in cata

will be interesting which realms they merge next - as effectively they created 3 big clusters here - what about rest.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-09-09 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look more connections which are too little too late.
    Next on the to-do list: fix Faction imbalance (aka: if you want to play competitive please go Horde).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Retail WoW has less players than WoW Classic and thats a fact even after many quit playing after experiencing nostalgia. I mean WoW Classic increased WoW subs by 213% and Retail WoW in the West (NA/EU) had around 1.950.000 active subs. That means that WoW Classic had over 4milion subs while retail had ~2. Blizzard fucked up for good with BFA and Blizzard isnt capable of creating an expension thats good enough to get people back. The release of Shadowlands will probably have less people buying it than BFA because people thought BFA is gonna save retail WoW but then we got BFA what we know of... and it was a total desaster. This there will be less people giving WoW another chance and those who give it a go will quit within the first 3months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstafish2k View Post
    Retail WoW has less players than WoW Classic and thats a fact even after many quit playing after experiencing nostalgia. I mean WoW Classic increased WoW subs by 213% and Retail WoW in the West (NA/EU) had around 1.950.000 active subs. That means that WoW Classic had over 4milion subs while retail had ~2. Blizzard fucked up for good with BFA and Blizzard isnt capable of creating an expension thats good enough to get people back. The release of Shadowlands will probably have less people buying it than BFA because people thought BFA is gonna save retail WoW but then we got BFA what we know of... and it was a total desaster. This there will be less people giving WoW another chance and those who give it a go will quit within the first 3months anyway.
    I'm genuinely curious what you gain by randomly making up numbers. Like, how does it help make your life better? I seriously want to know, like what would cause someone to post a paragraph of obviously false information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting numbers especially since blizzard stopped giving us sub numbers since a very long time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Calm down with the asspulls.
    Classic having more players than Retail is a mathematical impossibility based on server count alone. Needing to toot the horn of Classic using made up numbers doesn't inspire a lot of credibility.

ye,im sure classic has more players,with far less realms,and less realm capacity ,also bfa is done,nothing is coming out,meanwile classic still has one major raid(the best even) coming out,and it still has less players....outch

imagine the numbers once shadowlands is out and naxx has been out for a few months,but atleast there is tbc to look forward to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Oh look more connections which are too little too late.
    Next on the to-do list: fix Faction imbalance (aka: if you want to play competitive please go Horde).
    they cant fix faction imbalance,its literaly not posible,even if they removed all beneficial racials,its not like a bunch of people will go aliance,nope...the only way to fix this is to allow cross faction guilds/raids/pvp etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Darkspear, Saurfang, and Terokkar realms will join the Bloodfeather, Burning Steppes, Executus, Kor’gall, and Shattered Hand realms.
    It's disappointing that it had to happen to Dramaspear, but I guess if it's for the good of the server and player economy I guess we'll have to suffer.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It's disappointing that it had to happen to Dramaspear, but I guess if it's for the good of the server and player economy I guess we'll have to suffer.
    It hasn't been Dramaspear since Wrath ended and all Horde players left and then it got realm connected in MoP.
    You can't have drama if trade chat moves at 5 messages per hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    It hasn't been Dramaspear since Wrath ended and all Horde players left and then it got realm connected in MoP.
    You can't have drama if trade chat moves at 5 messages per hour.
    Haha.

Our drama was in lovely, concentrated bursts. Notably, the Riot superguild fiasco, and Dozd.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Nice! Maelstrom group is already a great. Hope newcomers will make it even better!

10+ Year Old Account
    About 10 years too late, the RP servers merge. Yay I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    About 10 years too late, the RP servers merge. Yay I guess?
    They merged the RP servers?

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Yep.

The Darkmoon Faire and Earthen Ring realms will join the Defias Brotherhood, Ravenholdt, Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar, and The Venture Co realms.
    These are EU-RP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Nice! Maelstrom group is already a great. Hope newcomers will make it even better!
    EU-Dragonblight here, looking forward to seeing some new people join

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Darkmoon Faire is my home server, and it's one of the EU-RP servers together with Earthen Ring and others. It's a bummer Argent Dawn isn't on the list though.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

WOW this is a literal example of fake news but relating to a game. Why would you even do this? Everyone knows these numbers aren't published by blizzard for various reasons including that active accounts numbers are no longer an exact measure of revenue, since it doesn't speak to revenue from the shop nor whether people are subbing or buying tokens from the ah. It's a meaningless stat for shareholders.

Then there is the whole realm count on classic to discredit your theory.

Finally, make no mistake, blizzard isn't doing anyone any favours by keeping wow retail updated. It's still making them a butt load of cash and that's what matters business wise. It's a 16 year old game and if it wasn't the cash cow it is they could just as easily stop making expansions and just keep it updated with minor patches and minor content updates using the incredibly vast "physical" world it features and asset archive it has to just tell the story it wants (see Final Fantasy XI for an example of a game that is still updated with new content from recycled assets).

Actually now is the final part, WOW retail is still an amazing game with an incredible story that just keeps getting better and better, with more inventive ways to showcase the narrative. The game play may be stale but it's exactly what the people log in for. You just wait until classic has had the last patch released and then there is nothing more to do for 1 year, 2 years...
    Last edited by AtomR; 2020-09-10 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, Darkmoon Faire is my home server, and it's one of the EU-RP servers together with Earthen Ring and others. It's a bummer Argent Dawn isn't on the list though.
    Didn't even realize those were RP, I have chars on Moonglade and Argent Dawn, Moonglade is a completely dead realm since like Cataclysm, I don't know how it hasn't been merged with something big...

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even realize those were RP, I have chars on Moonglade and Argent Dawn, Moonglade is a completely dead realm since like Cataclysm, I don't know how it hasn't been merged with something big...
    That's Blizzard logic for you: "But if we start merging realms, people will think the game is dying and our stock will tank!!!" So they wait until the very last moment when a lot of servers are already dead.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-