Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Would Queen Calia eat human flesh?

So with calia being pushed onto forsaken more and more, and her making claims how much she learned and how she understands forsaken more and more and how she is totally one of them i started wondering - what is her stance on traditional forsaken cuisine? How would she react if she was served fresh free-range paladin for dinner? Would she prefer them raw or cooked? Or would she go on the rant how she knows better and forsaken should abandon their culinary identity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given that Calia isn't quite the same order of being as most Forsaken, I'd wager Cannibalize isn't in her skill-set to begin with. In the narrative sense I think it's probably likely she'd pass on that form of "meal," probably politely excusing herself from the table and then heading to her rooms to perhaps reevaluate her unlife choices. I also doubt any among the Forsaken would actually serve "free-range Paladin" at any kind of formal or state dinner function, since they'd likely have a number of non-Forsaken guests in attendance.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

She better be a fucking savage if she's being lined up as the next Forsaken leader. A Forsaken racial is Cannibalize. Not a Cannibal? Not our Queen.

Of course not! She is LIGHTFORGED UNDEAD, not Forsaken (BLECH.) She consumes only the finest dairy from Stormwind's purest cows, and her stool is like vanilla soft serve. Forsaken should follow her around with a waffle cone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Or would she go on the rant how she knows better and forsaken should abandon their culinary identity?
    The one thing I know she wouldn't do is go on a forum rant about how she's 'Queen Calia' (surprise: she isn't) and how Forsaken should govern themselves (that looks to be Voss's role).

Seems like you missed this piece of news: https://www.wowhead.com/news=317878/...ands-pre-patch

Where it's clear Calia is taking on a role more similar to Valeera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that Calia isn't quite the same order of being as most Forsaken, I'd wager Cannibalize isn't in her skill-set to begin with. In the narrative sense I think it's probably likely she'd pass on that form of "meal," probably politely excusing herself from the table and then heading to her rooms to perhaps reevaluate her unlife choices. I also doubt any among the Forsaken would actually serve "free-range Paladin" at any kind of formal or state dinner function, since they'd likely have a number of non-Forsaken guests in attendance.
    Oh you know its just hearty family dinner made by some kind old lady. And since calia is REAL forsaken she surely wouldn't say no to some nice pierogi holodomor-style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    The one thing I know she wouldn't do is go on a forum rant about how she's 'Queen Calia' (surprise: she isn't) and how Forsaken should govern themselves (that looks to be Voss's role).

Seems like you missed this piece of news: https://www.wowhead.com/news=317878/...ands-pre-patch

Where it's clear Calia is taking on a role more similar to Valeera.
    So would she eat them or not?

Bit of a silly question. The Forsaken can cannibalize corpses to repair critical injuries. But this is a survival skill, not a snack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Bit of a silly question. The Forsaken can cannibalize corpses to repair critical injuries. But this is a survival skill, not a snack.
    Or is it? Because if that undead lady in darkmoon isle is any indication its also a cullinary art.

Im pretty sure Slyvannas didn't eat corpses nor had the need to. I never saw a thread asking this of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Oh you know its just hearty family dinner made by some kind old lady. And since calia is REAL forsaken she surely wouldn't say no to some nice pierogi holodomor-style.
    "No True Scotsman," but Forsaken style? Calia doesn't really claim to be Forsaken, though; not in the specific sense. She claims a kinship of a sort, which I guess she has taxonomically speaking, but not that she's the same type of being. Sylvanas also wasn't really Forsaken in terms of being the same order of being most Forsaken are, either; oddly enough.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Im pretty sure Slyvannas didn't eat corpses nor had the need to. I never saw a thread asking this of her.
    No, sylvanas ate babies alive.

No, sylvanas ate babies alive.
    Lol nice try

10+ Year Old Account
    "No True Scotsman," but Forsaken style? Calia doesn't really claim to be Forsaken, though; not in the specific sense. She claims a kinship of a sort, which I guess she has taxonomically speaking, but not that she's the same type of being. Sylvanas also wasn't really Forsaken in terms of being the same order of being most Forsaken are, either; oddly enough.
    I just think it would be great way to warm people toward calia. Making her do something truly "forsaken" in nature. Her being enamored with it and saying something like "do you have any seconds in prisons i totally don't know about *wink wink*" would really give her character more depth and improve her reception among core forsaken playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I just think it would be great way to warm people toward calia. Making her do something truly "forsaken" in nature. Her being enamored with it and saying something like "do you have any seconds in prisons i totally don't know about *wink wink*" would really give her character more depth and improve her reception among core forsaken playerbase.
    Actually, in that sense, I kind of like Calia as she is - she sets a kind of essential high bar against which the core Forsaken can compare and contrast themselves. She's the prim and proper elite that you can use to really define what is to be a rough and tumble Forsaken, scraping by on the edges of society by your finger-bones. Her existence kind of provides a necessary illustration, and she's the moral light source by which other Forsaken can gauge and measure their own shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, in that sense, I kind of like Calia as she is - she sets a kind of essential high bar against which the core Forsaken can compare and contrast themselves. She's the prim and proper elite that you can use to really define what is to be a rough and tumble Forsaken, scraping by on the edges of society by your finger-bones. Her existence kind of provides a necessary illustration, and she's the moral light source by which other Forsaken can gauge and measure their own shadows.
    Yeah but wasn't that role fullfilled by well....normal living humans before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yeah but wasn't that role fullfilled by well....normal living humans before?
    The Forsaken are pretty short on normal, living humans in their midst by which to internally judge their society, though. They probably ate them all at this point.

The Forsaken are pretty short on normal, living humans in their midst by which to internally judge their society, though. They probably ate them all at this point.
    Considering Forsaken used to be normal living humans, why do they need to live among them to know that their way of life is messed up? The Forsaken know they're twisted, but they indulge themselves anyway because they probably can't help themselves. That was the entire point of them and it's what made them one of the most interesting races in Warcraft; the tortured existence, curse of undeath, etc.

Calia is just there to add to the cause of making the Horde more like the Alliance. If she's a beacon for them to strive to behave like, then it basically tells the Forsaken they shouldn't exist as is and that they should change to follow in her image, which is...boring. It takes away the identity of the Forsaken and just makes them humans with skin rot.

OT: If she were truly a Forsaken, I feel she'd ask for very specific cuts of flesh and probably ask that it be cooked, like a snooty royal would. But we know that she isn't and that she won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Considering Forsaken used to be normal living humans, why do they need to live among them to know that their way of life is messed up? The Forsaken know they're twisted, but they indulge themselves anyway because they probably can't help themselves. That was the entire point of them and it's what made them one of the most interesting races in Warcraft; the tortured existence, curse of undeath, etc.

Calia is just there to add to the cause of making the Horde more like the Alliance. If she's a beacon for them to strive to behave like, then it basically tells the Forsaken they shouldn't exist as is and that they should change to follow in her image, which is...boring. It takes away the identity of the Forsaken and just makes them humans with skin rot.

OT: If she were truly a Forsaken, I feel she'd ask for very specific cuts of flesh and probably ask that it be cooked, like a snooty royal would. But we know that she isn't and that she won't.
    Well, that particular knife cuts both ways - Calia can be both a beacon to strive for them to behave like, but she can also be a model for them to define themselves *against* in an act of conscious rebellion. I don't really buy into the whole partisan notion that Calia is "bringing the Alliance to the Forsaken" or anything like that. Calia's just one person, and she has neither the social capital nor the actual desire to fundamentally change Forsaken culture in such a way.

All depends on how each individual Forsaken wants to take it.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure free-range paladin tastes like holy light, so she might like a nibble.

Very funny guys, when was the last time they acknowledged that Forsaken eat flesh in canon?