Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But we don't know if the draenei in AU Draenor went through "lightforging" or even the same "lightforging" process. And even if they did, we don't know if their zealotry and "uber-devotion" to the Light is a result of the lightforging they went through, or a second, separate process altogether.
    There's a possibility the Lightbound are Lightforged since they are lead by a Naaru called "Light Mother", which is also the name of Xe'ra who created the Army of the Light and showed the Draenei how to become Lightforged.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Basic logic and basic human behavior are on my side, here.
    bullshit, the game races are not human neither work in the same logic and behaviors as ours, as always your entire premise is based around a lie or your own fanfic/opinion

So you admit to using red-herring. Good.
    pure gold again, the guy well know for red-hearing countless of threads is saying that

No, it's not "until proven otherwise". "Being in Illidan's temple" doesn't automatically prove that they're his, and no one else's.
    until is proved it did not belong to him, its his

Ah. So you're saying everything I own now belongs to the owner of the apartment building I live in, then? Once again, Syegfryed: it doesn't work that way. Just because they're in Illidan's temple does not mean they belong to him.
    Again, your premise is based around a Lie you are trying to make look like the black temple is an apartment, when the black temple is more akin to a castle of a king, and everything inside a king's castle belong to the king, even the people in there
    Not to mention that you ignore the fact that having a "harem" goes completely against Illidan's character.
    Funny thing, illidan's character what not this racist bigot people try to paint and he did fine with other races, blood elves, naga, draenei, but now he just hate everyone else

I literally never said that. When I said "no", I was refuting the logic behind the argument for why one would want to be a demon hunter nowadays.
    you literally said that: 1- there is no reason to be a DH(wrong) 2-no one would want to be DH(wrong), you are talking like your opinion on things is a canon fact because "human logic and behaviour" lmao.

Again, this is your, opinion, there can be new DH because there still enough reasons to justify creating then and you can always find crazy or desperate people to do the training.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-09-12 at 02:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm not a big fan of immediately expanding the class to other races, but including orcs and draenei (or specifically Dragonmaw fel orcs and Ashtongue broken) amongst the first of a new generation of Demon Hunters trained by the Illidari is perfectly fitting to me, since they were amongst Illidan's forces. It wouldn't be that odd if a few of them who survived the events of BC and Legion were deemed worthy candidates.

Ideally I think I'd like to see Dragonmaw and Broken simultaneously added as either new Allied races, or customization options for orcs and draenei.

Barring that, giving Demon Hunter orcs and draenei unique access to a few Dragonmaw / fel orc / man'ari / broken skins, faces, tattoos, etc. the same way night elves and blood elves get unique DH options, would be just fine with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yes, demons still exist around the cosmos, but the need for demon hunters (i.e. an "extreme measure") is over, since the Burning Legion (i.e. the "extreme situation") is basically over. The demons that still remain in Azeroth are pitiful in number, compared to their original numbers when the Legion was strong. And on top of that, we don't have the means to travel through space. (Yes, we have a space ship, but since Blizzard "conveniently" forgot about it, I'm going with the assumption it's out of the story completely).
    We don't really know how many demons are left in the universe. Demons have always had a relatively small footprint on Azeroth (barring the periods of invasion), so that's not really a change from the status quo. Never forget too that the Demon Hunters also have a built-in need to justify their own existence, even if the critical purpose for said existence is gone with the Legion's defeat. Even if it doesn't actually make logical sense, it would be difficult for them to abandon the purpose that has essentially come to define them - and that justification of purpose may well lead them to growing their numbers, or else expanding said purpose (from fighting demons to fighting all enemies of Azeroth). The latter is sort of already happening with the revelation that Illidan's ultimate goal all along was to protect Azeroth from the Legion. Just shift that rationale from the Legion to the Void, or the Light, or Death, and the Demon Hunters can justify themselves once more.

As for the Fel Hammer, it was consistently low on fuel even in Legion, and with the withdrawal of the Legion and access to Argus and/or the Nether closed, it may well be that the Fel Hammer is just in drydock for the foreseeable future. Same situation with the Vindicaar, pretty much, except with Argunite.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    bullshit, the game races are not human neither work in the same logic and behaviors as ours, as always your entire premise is based around a lie or your own fanfic/opinion
    Ugh. You really lack reading comprehension. When I say "human behavior" I'm not talking about the 'human race within Azeroth'.

pure gold again, the guy well know for red-hearing countless of threads is saying that
    I don't use red-herrings. You, on the other hand, admitted to using it in your previous response to me.

until is proved it did not belong to him, its his
    So, everything I own now belongs to the owner of the apartment building I live in, then? Or perhaps you think that any lost item found within the building "belongs to the building owner"? Your "logic" is completely nonsensical.

Again, your premise is based around a Lie you are trying to make look like the black temple is an apartment, when the black temple is more akin to a castle of a king, and everything inside a king's castle belong to the king, even the people in there
    Hmmm... no. No, "everyhing inside a king's castle" does not "belong to the king". An allied army and/or allied entourage staying within the castle, for example, does not "belong to the king". Again: nothing, whatsoever, says that the harem we see in the Black Temple belongs to Illidan. And there is evidence that suggests that it is not his harem.

Funny thing, illidan's character what not this racist bigot people try to paint and he did fine with other races, blood elves, naga, draenei, but now he just hate everyone else
    Funny, because I didn't mention that, at all. The "Illidan's character" I mentioned was his blind devotion to Tyrande, as I mentioned already in this very thread.

you literally said that: 1- there is no reason to be a DH(wrong) 2-no one would want to be DH(wrong), you are talking like your opinion on things is a canon fact because "human logic and behaviour" lmao.
    "Literally said that" and yet you fail to quote me when I "literally said that", instead only repeating the assertion that I did. Just FYI, the "no one would want to be DH" is something you wrote in your own post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    pure gold, the dude who said is a fact that no one would want to be DH because for your opinion they don't have reasons and would be too scared of pain. pure gold
    Again, this is your, opinion, there can be new DH because there still enough reasons to justify creating then and you can always find crazy or desperate people to do the training.
    There are zero reasons why one would like to condemn themselves to a lifetime of mental and physical torture, just to hunt a small handful of demons on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    We don't really know how many demons are left in the universe. Demons have always had a relatively small footprint on Azeroth (barring the periods of invasion), so that's not really a change from the status quo. Never forget too that the Demon Hunters also have a built-in need to justify their own existence, even if the critical purpose for said existence is gone with the Legion's defeat. Even if it doesn't actually make logical sense, it would be difficult for them to abandon the purpose that has essentially come to define them - and that justification of purpose may well lead them to growing their numbers, or else expanding said purpose (from fighting demons to fighting all enemies of Azeroth). The latter is sort of already happening with the revelation that Illidan's ultimate goal all along was to protect Azeroth from the Legion. Just shift that rationale from the Legion to the Void, or the Light, or Death, and the Demon Hunters can justify themselves once more.
    Which, as I mentioned, is kind of a barrier, logic-wise, to training more demon hunters. The current demon hunters know that their existence is 'cursed', both from a societal perspective (as people see them in bad light), and from their own perspective, considering that they have to fight for control over their own bodies and minds, on a daily basis, against the demon within. That is, if the demon hunter did not take MORE than one demon, making their existence worse. I'm going by the assumption that the demon hunters are not idiots, and they wouldn't take more recruits unless really needed, and that the recruits really had a reason to become demon hunters.

And as for the demons around in the cosmos, yes, there are still demons around. But we lack the means of interstellar travel within any acceptable length of time, plus the Burning Legion has been dismantled. Their seat of power (and their connections between worlds) have been destroyed. And they can no longer "speed-resurrect" in the Nether anymore now that Argus is no longer under demon control.

As for the Fel Hammer, it was consistently low on fuel even in Legion, and with the withdrawal of the Legion and access to Argus and/or the Nether closed, it may well be that the Fel Hammer is just in drydock for the foreseeable future. Same situation with the Vindicaar, pretty much, except with Argunite.
    I was actually talking about the Vindicaar, the ship the draenei built mid-Legion, but yeah, that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Overlord_Geya%27rah#Gossip

"As a child, draenei scholars taught me to read and write. I liked them. Respected them.
    Then the naaru came, and fanaticism took hold.
    The draenei were reborn--no, they have a different word for it--re-forged in their precious Light.
    Their belief blinds them, binds them to masters who seek to control the universe as surely as the Legion did."

That and their use of lightforged draenei models in the allied race scenario makes it likely they were lightforged and we see the same zealotry in the lightforged draenei that joined the alliance.
    Well, that doesn't really prove much, really, for a few reasons:
    • One: Geya's words don't really prove that it's the same 'lightforging' process the MU lightforged use.
    • Two: Geya's words don't really prove that there wasn't a secondary process to mess with the dranei's minds, or that this wasn't a natural 'evolution' of their belief and trust in the Light.
    • Three: the use of the LF draenei models doesn't really prove anything, as I imagine it would be a rather waste of time and money to dedicate resources to create an unique model for the AU draenei that is only going to be seen once. Literally, considering that you can only do the unlock scenario once... and not everyone bothered to unlock the mag'har.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's a possibility the Lightbound are Lightforged since they are lead by a Naaru called "Light Mother", which is also the name of Xe'ra who created the Army of the Light and showed the Draenei how to become Lightforged.
    Maybe, but it does fall to what I wrote earlier. We don't know if their 'blind zealotry' is caused by the "lightforge" process, by a secondary, separate process, or a simple "evolution" of their devotion to the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Which, as I mentioned, is kind of a barrier, logic-wise, to training more demon hunters. The current demon hunters know that their existence is 'cursed', both from a societal perspective (as people see them in bad light), and from their own perspective, considering that they have to fight for control over their own bodies and minds, on a daily basis, against the demon within. That is, if the demon hunter did not take MORE than one demon, making their existence worse. I'm going by the assumption that the demon hunters are not idiots, and they wouldn't take more recruits unless really needed, and that the recruits really had a reason to become demon hunters.

And as for the demons around in the cosmos, yes, there are still demons around. But we lack the means of interstellar travel within any acceptable length of time, plus the Burning Legion has been dismantled. Their seat of power (and their connections between worlds) have been destroyed. And they can no longer "speed-resurrect" in the Nether anymore now that Argus is no longer under demon control.
    Logic is not always (and actually more like seldom) the driving factor behind set-identification when it comes to groups, tribes, and factions. Logically speaking the trade-off for becoming a Demon Hunter is a bit of a losing proposition now (e.g. the cons outweigh the pros), but the kinds of people who would've been attracted to becoming Demon Hunters in the first place, people seeking vengeance from a state of grief or pain, are generally not the sorts of people who make decisions based on logic or pragmatism. The Demon Hunters, too, are driven by an emotional need to justify their own existences since the Legion was defeated - so they're not making decisions from a practical standpoint, either. I wouldn't call this idiocy, per se; just a choice driven by an overriding emotionality for both the established and aspirant Demon Hunters.

Demons have always been able to find their way into the physical universe from the Nether, though. They can be summoned, or simply find places where the barriers are thin enough to allow transit. Without Sargeras, Antorus, or the Legion they're no longer the massive danger they once were - but regardless, they'll still be a factor the Demon Hunters use to justify themselves and their actions. I would imagine that the ranks of Demon Hunters will eventually winnow down to what they were prior to Legion, a handful of Demon Hunters who do the job of safeguarding the universe against demonic incursions, and when the time comes for them to retire seek out a replacement among those susceptible or responsive to the allure of a Demon Hunter's power.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Maybe, but it does fall to what I wrote earlier. We don't know if their 'blind zealotry' is caused by the "lightforge" process, by a secondary, separate process, or a simple "evolution" of their devotion to the Light.
    Oh I know, I was just pointing out how Lightbound are created just like how Lightforged are, just with different ideologies. The Light Mother and Xe'ra are likely each other's counterparts just with different views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, i would really like a non-Elf DH, mostly cause i already have elves and not a fan when all my characters are from the same race.

5+ Year Old Account
    It makes more sense than human shamans/druids and holy cows.

Both orcs and draenei have shown quite the capacity for fel energy and demonic dominion. Put it up there with Nightelf Paladins in the list of unavailable class/race combos that already have lore justifying their inclusion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Illidan? No. In the story presented so far, he only trained elves.

But, they could update the DH starting experience later on and add any races that they wanted, like they did for DKs. It would be cool if the Nightborne and Void Elves were at least added, but races like orcs would be fitting too, with fel orc skins. I could see Draenei demon hunters with an Eredar skin.
    They added Worgen and Goblins to the original DK starting experience. For Worgen, it's explained they were the slain from Shadowfang Keep pre-Cata under Arugal. For Goblins, there were part of the Argent Crusade and fell in battle.

Pandaren and Allied Race DKs have a separate Starting Experience with Bolvar in Icecrown. Bolvar explains the Fourth War has seen massive casualties to both the Alliance and the Horde. You were raised as a Death Knight in the aftermath of the unusually high number of people who died during the Fourth War to help defend Azeroth. Sylvanas greatly upset the balance between Life and Death--prior to their encounter in the cinematic--and the new DKs were raised to help restore that balance.

That's the Lore explaination of course. The REAL reason: Because every race should be able to become DKs. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It sounds exactly like it... it would be odd if it was something entirely different.
    Would it be odd? Yeah, kinda. But "odd" doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility.

Why would they make unique models for the AU draenei at all? I think the use of lightforged instead of normal draenei was intentional.
    It could be intentional, or it could be just a reuse of resources. It could go either way.

Xe'ra has shown that there is a side of the light which is pretty oppressive.
    True. However, it does not prove that the AU lightfirged draenei's minds were changed because of the lightforge process, by a separate process, or a simple "evolution" of their devotion into blind zealotry.

- - - Updated - - -

Logic is not always (and actually more like seldom) the driving factor behind set-identification when it comes to groups, tribes, and factions. Logically speaking the trade-off for becoming a Demon Hunter is a bit of a losing proposition now (e.g. the cons outweigh the pros), but the kinds of people who would've been attracted to becoming Demon Hunters in the first place, people seeking vengeance from a state of grief or pain, are generally not the sorts of people who make decisions based on logic or pragmatism. The Demon Hunters, too, are driven by an emotional need to justify their own existences since the Legion was defeated - so they're not making decisions from a practical standpoint, either. I wouldn't call this idiocy, per se; just a choice driven by an overriding emotionality for both the established and aspirant Demon Hunters.
    Not calling it either, it's just that, now, there is no one to enact revenge upon. The Burning Legion, as an entity, is over, and its shattered leftovers remain far and away from the Azerothians' reach. The Burning Legion has been destroyed, the demon hunters' (as in, the group, not the individuals') revenge has been done. I imagine whoever felt the need for vengeance against the demons either has already become a demon hunter before or during the Legion expansion (as a BE or NE), to fight against them and bring them to their knees, or joined the rest of the armies against them.

For there to exist people around today with such a desperate need for revenge against the Burning Legion, against the demons, to think that damning their bodies and souls for eternity is an acceptable price to pay, is... rather nonsensical, in my opinion. Because, the way I see it, whatever caused such need for revenge would have to have happened after the Burning Legion was defeated, i.e. during or after BfA, because otherwise those people would have gotten their revenge during the Legion's invasion.

Demons have always been able to find their way into the physical universe from the Nether, though. They can be summoned, or simply find places where the barriers are thin enough to allow transit. Without Sargeras, Antorus, or the Legion they're no longer the massive danger they once were - but regardless, they'll still be a factor the Demon Hunters use to justify themselves and their actions. I would imagine that the ranks of Demon Hunters will eventually winnow down to what they were prior to Legion, a handful of Demon Hunters who do the job of safeguarding the universe against demonic incursions, and when the time comes for them to retire seek out a replacement among those susceptible or responsive to the allure of a Demon Hunter's power.
    The way I see it, they're something for the current demon hunters, and it's not something that requires the recruitment of more demon hunters. As for their numbers dwindling, that's to be expected, but, unless a cataclysmic event happens that wipes out the vast majority of demon hunters, which would require a massive recruitment (and therefore excuse new races becoming playable demon hunters), the refilling of their ranks (if necessary) would likely happen to NPCs only, and likely just NEs and BEs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Oh I know, I was just pointing out how Lightbound are created just like how Lightforged are, just with different ideologies. The Light Mother and Xe'ra are likely each other's counterparts just with different views.
    I agree. Although, considering how Xe'ra was treating Illidan, I'm not so sure Xe'ra and the Light Mother have very different views.

I agree. Although, considering how Xe'ra was treating Illidan, I'm not so sure Xe'ra and the Light Mother have very different views.
    Which is weird because we've only seen her treat Illidan like that. I think she was blinded by the Light's vision when she finally met Illidan and that her perception and views changed more towards her counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Now that The Illidari are part of The Alliance and Horde, I don't see why they can't train the races they are allied with who desire to become Demon Hunters. Just no DH Gnomes please.
    You shut your big stupid face Kyphael!

Don't infract me moderators, Kyph is my friend and I'm just teasing him because I love gnomes

- - - Updated - - -

That's one of the most logical and well-reasoned posts I've seen here. I'm kind of in awe of it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You shut your big stupid face Kyphael!

Don't infract me moderators, Kyph is my friend and I'm just teasing him because I love gnomes

- - - Updated - - -

That's one of the most logical and well-reasoned posts I've seen here. I'm kind of in awe of it.
    I love Gnomes too, but in my opinion, they would turn Demon Hunters into a laughingstock as much as... say, Kul'tiran Demon Hunters.

And yeah, @Aucald is Moderator of the Lore forums for good reason. His along with a handful of other's I've seen in the entire forums are some of the best minds for analyzing the lore on a fundamental level that's always concise and extremely well-articulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Personally I'm not a big fan of immediately expanding the class to other races, but including orcs and draenei (or specifically Dragonmaw fel orcs and Ashtongue broken) amongst the first of a new generation of Demon Hunters trained by the Illidari is perfectly fitting to me, since they were amongst Illidan's forces. It wouldn't be that odd if a few of them who survived the events of BC and Legion were deemed worthy candidates.

Ideally I think I'd like to see Dragonmaw and Broken simultaneously added as either new Allied races, or customization options for orcs and draenei.

Barring that, giving Demon Hunter orcs and draenei unique access to a few Dragonmaw / fel orc / man'ari / broken skins, faces, tattoos, etc. the same way night elves and blood elves get unique DH options, would be just fine with me.
    Pretty much agree with that. I believe those 2 should be the only options, and make the only sense. They shouldnt cut the starter experience either, as it still makes sense. (Lvl 10 when done, then go level in legion).

While i would love broken skins, i doubt they would make a female model, specifically for this purpose. It would be easier to explain that they regained an eredar form, as they basically became demons after ingesting a demon to become a dh.b(so maanari and sargerei skins would come available)

Hell, havoc meta is practically done for draenai (kj model, and winged female eredar), they just need to be updated to fit dhs. The tank male is basically the tyrant on argus (and lock pet). Male orc tank can easily be hulking guldan model.

We lack the means of interstellar travel in any form of acceptable length of time. Yes, we have a spaceship (that Blizzard seems to have conveniently forgotten exist) but it belongs to the draenei, and, also, how many years would it take from just go from one planet to the other? We could go to Argus because of a portal created by one very specific artifact (the Sargerite Keystone) that was consumed when the portal to Argus was created.

If Sargeras breaks free, we're basically doomed. Because we could only beat him with the help of the rest of the Titans, and the remaining energies of Argus. We didn't even get to fight Sargeras, the "big bad" of the expansion. That's how powerful he is. At that point, I assume throwing all the demon hunters at him would do little good.
    A lot of the Legion seems to carry a lot of various summoning tools (and ships, not to mention the hub the Demon Hunters control), and as we saw in Legion the portals can work both ways - we can invade their worlds using their leftover portals just as they are invading ours. In partnership with Warlocks and Mages opening even more portals to other worlds for Demon Hunters to hunt Demons across the cosmos would be one way of them continuing the endless hunt - though I'd argue there are probably enough demons on Azeroth alone to deal with (for now). Thinking of all the corrupted Legion-contested areas on Azeroth, there's a lot of land and a lot of Demons to cover, not to mention any more that may make their way to Azeroth in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a considerable difference between channeling a form of energy, such as Fel or Arcane, and quite literally having an essence become a part of you. A Warlock specifically can be a conduit for Fel energies but barring extreme circumstances a Warlock remains whatever their base race is. Demon Hunters, by contrast, are infused with so much Fel energy (not to mention a portion of a demon's very soul) that they literally mutate - growing horns, scales, developing Fel scars, and so forth as the Fel changes their very physiology. That kind of extensive saturation and mutation well may not jive so well with other mutations (such as the Worgen curse, or even being Lightforged). Lothraxion, for example, is a Nathrezim that appears to have had his Fel essence completely excised (hence his missing horns and so forth) and replaced with the Light - a kind of full-on swap that wouldn't happen by someone becoming a Demon Hunter, and one probably engineered by a greater power (Xe'ra). The Demon Hunter creation ritual isn't like that, and no one is on hand to remove one type of infusion of power and replace it with another.

Additionally, the plasticity of the Elven race when it comes to effective mutation or evolution may be a factor. The same could be said of Murlocs based on how many different types of them we've seen (Mur'gul, Gorloc, Deep Murlocs, Jinyu, Ankoan, etc. etc.) The ability to become or have been so many different variations may be a key component of being a Demon Hunter as well, as it could also be said to be an entirely different evolution/mutation of a base form. That remains to be seen, though.
    I guess the part where Metamorphosis left Warlocks is a little contentious. But it still seems a little weird that examples like Ebonlocke can quite fully transform into Demons as Warlocks but somehow the line seems divisive even now, although we wouldn't argue the same difference for Priests and Paladins - would we?

If we're basing a race's ability to mutate as being a forming factor for Demon Hunters and how well they can adapt to Demonic energies, examples like Humans and Orcs, Draenei, Tauren, Undead, Gnomes, Dwarves, Trolls, and Elves of all kinds seem to have lots of variations to fit that mold as they have tons of mutations of which to give them the resistance to make them able candidates.

So far we have only seen elven demon hunters.
    Perhaps only they have the needed physical/mental/sensory finesse to actually properly perform the DH skills?

Its possible that since Illidans technique of becoming a demon hunter is based on his own experiences his lessons require the dexterous capabilities and acute senses of an elf?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    They added Worgen and Goblins to the original DK starting experience. For Worgen, it's explained they were the slain from Shadowfang Keep pre-Cata under Arugal. For Goblins, there were part of the Argent Crusade and fell in battle.

Pandaren and Allied Race DKs have a separate Starting Experience with Bolvar in Icecrown. Bolvar explains the Fourth War has seen massive casualties to both the Alliance and the Horde. You were raised as a Death Knight in the aftermath of the unusually high number of people who died during the Fourth War to help defend Azeroth. Sylvanas greatly upset the balance between Life and Death--prior to their encounter in the cinematic--and the new DKs were raised to help restore that balance.

That's the Lore explaination of course. The REAL reason: Because every race should be able to become DKs. LOL.
    Oh I'm aware. But, I meant that from recent lore, like Legion and the Illidan novel, it was shown and stated that only elves were trained as demon hunters. Fel orcs and draenei/Broken were more the bulk of the footsoldiers of illidan's army.

This is opposed to worgen and goblins, which had little-to-no lore with the Scourge before Cata. Which is why I feel they would need to make a new dh starting zone for more races added.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2020-09-12 at 10:37 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    So far we have only seen elven demon hunters.
    Perhaps only they have the needed physical/mental/sensory finesse to actually properly perform the DH skills?

Its possible that since Illidans technique of becoming a demon hunter is based on his own experiences his lessons require the dexterous capabilities and acute senses of an elf?
    I thought Demon Hunters drink/drain/use fel energy and then transform to become demon hunters.

Wasn't there reference in the Alliance Horde Compendium for the RPG back in 2009 that said something about human demon hunters guarding Mt. Hyjal with their Night Elf brothers or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. You really lack reading comprehension. When I say "human behavior" I'm not talking about the 'human race within Azeroth'.

"you lack reading comprehension'

>proceed to not have a reading comprehension

this is so much ironic
    So, everything I own now belongs to the owner of the apartment building I live in, then? Or perhaps you think that any lost item found within the building "belongs to the building owner"? Your "logic" is completely nonsensical.
    Again, your base about the black temple being an appartment is based round a lie, that is a nonsensical logic

the black temple is not an appartment, Illidan is not a landlord, stop bulshitting

Hmmm... no. No, "everyhing inside a king's castle" does not "belong to the king". An allied army and/or allied entourage staying within the castle, for example, does not "belong to the king".
    "alien army" rofl, everyone answered and obey illidan like he was some kind of god.
    Again: nothing, whatsoever, says that the harem we see in the Black Temple belongs to Illidan. And there is evidence that suggests that it is not his harem

sure fam, whrever you wish to somehow make your nonsensical point look better

"Literally said that" and yet you fail to quote me when I "literally said that", instead only repeating the assertion that I did. Just FYI, the "no one would want to be DH" is something you wrote in your own post:
    There's no need to become "demon hunters" because there are "no more demons to hunt", so to speak.

"But they could want to become DHs to protect Azeroth!!" Again, no.
    that is your post where the only thing you do is vomit your own opinion as a fact.
    There are zero reasons why one would like to condemn themselves to a lifetime of mental and physical torture, just to hunt a small handful of demons on Azeroth.
    Again, for you, there is no reason, for you, the reasons that exist are not enough, and you are simple wrong here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Oh I'm aware. But, I meant that from recent lore, like Legion and the Illidan novel, it was shown and stated that only elves were trained as demon hunters. Fel orcs and draenei/Broken were more the bulk of the footsoldiers of illidan's army.

This is opposed to worgen and goblins, which had little-to-no lore with the Scourge before Cata. Which is why I feel they would need to make a new dh starting zone for more races added.
    Lets pretend that blizzard is not a retcon machine and would say he did train other but he just didn't like the results, or send elsewhere, or whatever reasons they can come up to, its not ilidan book is so precious that they would not do some tweaks.

of course, thats just one route, they still can say the today illidri trained more because obvious resons, illidan work isn't done.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-09-12 at 11:59 PM.