Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    WW can fly in the comic books....maybe she'll learn how in this movie. Although lassoing lightning is fairly spectacular.
    She did fly in the first one, just not like Superman does but she hovered, leapt great distances and in the final scene pretty much flew out the window. Most of her enemies just don't call for flying like Superman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The cover, the music, the comedy and vibrant colors... it’s coming off very Thor-like to me.
    Well, if they're going to rip off a Marvel movie's style, might as well rip off one of the better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    New Order - Blue Monday came out in 1986.

Fun trailer for the movie but i will wait for the bluray of it.
    It actually came out in 1983.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

shit story.... movie is already dead

5+ Year Old Account
    I liked that scene with the truck, was like a badass mad max shit

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    This wave of 1980's nostalgia peaked like 2 years ago.
    Ok, millenial.

5+ Year Old Account
    You stay away from Dune!

While I want to see this movie, shoo! shoo!

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Release Date Pushed to Christmas.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...as-1234766774/
    Sep 11, 2020 9:46am PT
    By Rebecca Rubin

Warner Bros. has postponed the release of “Wonder Woman 1984,” the latest development in Hollywood’s rocky plans to return to the movies.

The superhero sequel starring Gal Gadot, which was expected to debut on Oct. 2, will now touch down in theaters on Dec. 25, 2020.

“Patty is an exceptional filmmaker and with ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ she has delivered an incredibly dynamic film that moviegoers of all ages around the world will absolutely love,” said Toby Emmerich, Warmer Bros. Motion Picture Group chairman. “We’re very proud of the film and look forward to bringing it to audiences for the holidays.”

Director Patty Jenkins added, “First and foremost let me say how much Gal and I love all our devoted Wonder Woman fans around the world, and your excitement for ‘WW84’ couldn’t make us happier or more eager for you to see the movie. Because I know how important it is to bring this movie to you on a big screen when all of us can share the experience together, I’m hopeful you won’t mind waiting just a little bit longer. With the new date on Christmas Day, we can’t wait to spend the holidays with you!”

Warner Bros. recently took a risk in releasing “Tenet” on the big screen, marking the first major blockbuster to debut since movie theaters closed in March due to the pandemic. The $200 million-budgeted film, from director Christopher Nolan, launched over Labor Day weekend in the U.S. to a muted $20 million. Sources say the studio was waiting to assess ticket sales for “Tenet” before making a decision about moving “Wonder Woman.”

With the delay of “Wonder Woman 1984,” “Tenet” won’t face much competition among ticket buyers and could see a boost in sales in the coming weeks. For now, Disney and Marvel’s comic book adventure “Black Widow” on Nov. 6 is the next major film on calendars. In the meantime, smaller movies like Sony’s romantic comedy “The Broken Hearts Gallery” plan to open this weekend.

Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi epic “Dune,” also from Warner Bros., is still slated to open on Dec. 18, a week prior to “Wonder Woman 1984.” But there’s a good chance that film — starring Timothee Chalamet, Oscar Isaac and Zendaya — will be pushed into 2021 to avoid clashing for attention from audiences. When the first “Dune” trailer dropped earlier this week, it conspicuously lacked a release date.

Nearly 70% of movie theaters in the U.S. have reopened, but important markets like New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco remain closed. Box office analysts suggest that it’s unwise to release big-budgeted movies until those areas can welcome patrons. The first “Wonder Woman,” in 2017, collected over $400 million in North America alone — and the sequel would struggle to even come close to that figure without some of the country’s biggest markets in play.

Warner Bros. has found massive success over the holidays with its DC properties. “Aquaman,” which released in 2018, generated over $1 billion after hitting theaters around Christmastime. The hope, barring a second wave of coronavirus, is that theaters in New York and Los Angeles will be able to open by then.

“Wonder Woman 1984” has been delayed numerous times amid the pandemic. It was originally scheduled for June 5 before moving to Aug. 14 and then Oct. 2.

It’s not entirely surprising that the sequel “Wonder Woman” was postponed again. Four weeks ahead of its October release date, and the studio had hardly done any promotion. “Wonder Woman” is a hugely important franchise for Warner Bros., and the company couldn’t risk mediocre box office receipts. The movie cost roughly $180 million to produce, not counting pricey global marketing fees.

At some point both Marvel and DC are just going to have to accept that there is not going to be a rush for audiences to go to the theater any time soon and just bit the bullet and try and put some of these major films straight to streaming at a price tag.

Would people pay 30 bucks for Wonder Woman? Probably. For the Black Widow? Probably. Mulan suffers because people think because it’s attached to Disney Plus they should get it for free. If Mulan just came out on streaming for 30 bucks I bet more people would have been open to buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    At some point both Marvel and DC are just going to have to accept that there is not going to be a rush for audiences to go to the theater any time soon and just bit the bullet and try and put some of these major films straight to streaming at a price tag.

Would people pay 30 bucks for Wonder Woman? Probably. For the Black Widow? Probably. Mulan suffers because people think because it’s attached to Disney Plus they should get it for free. If Mulan just came out on streaming for 30 bucks I bet more people would have been open to buying it.
    I sort of agree. Mostly. I think the price point is a problem. $30 is just too much for this or any of these films where I know I am going to buy the discs and digital later. What I want is a deal where I prepay for the blu ray + digital and pay something extra for early digital access. YMMV

The first WW was actually pretty decent. Unfortunately the previews aren’t doing this one any favors. What really bugs me is that they did such an awful job with her armor. She legit looks like Goldarr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, I’d pay $30 for a rental today and digital copy when it’s released.
    So a $10 premium. (Digital only is usually $20). Seems reasonable to me.

15+ Year Old Account

If it came out on a streaming service, I would wait 2 days then download it from free from a torrent site.

I am not alone in this.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    If it came out on a streaming service, I would wait 2 days then download it from free from a torrent site.

I am not alone in this.

Scumbag behavior is usually built into the cost of business. People steal the theater version with bootlegs. People rip off the streaming versions. People share their accounts. So no matter what they do they have to deal with lowlifes.

I was not a massive fan of the first one, but I can't help but hope I'll like this one. I just have a tiny issue with Cheetah... Is she supposed to look like this?

Or does she become more "Cheetah"-like in the face as the story progresses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I was not a massive fan of the first one, but I can't help but hope I'll like this one. I just have a tiny issue with Cheetah... Is she supposed to look like this?

Or does she become more "Cheetah"-like in the face as the story progresses?
    From what I've seen of the Trailers, it seems like she stays as a 'Cats' reject for most of it. Having not seen the movie though I can't say 100%.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

People aren't going to pay for something on top of the service they are already paying for. The problem with Mulan is that it's also a reboot, and frankly, people are just getting really god damn tired of reboots and Hollywood's overall creative bankruptcy.

I'm really looking forward to this movie.

"Wonder woman 84"

Yeah, that's too old for me, dude.

5+ Year Old Account
    Opening scene, well not whole vid, turns into trailer laters..

While I'm looking forward to the movie I wouldn't trust reviewers n those who recently saw movie since it's 2020 n they are probably more worried about their jobs than honestly reviewing the movie..

I still don't get it why they don't wait until 2021, movie theaters will be closed here, think only US got hbo max, so will be downloaded next week, should be some excellent quality too..a shame, I wanted to see this in cinema..

Was some event earlier today..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okgmpNlnHCw

One thing will be 100% fer sure, the sound n music
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-16 at 12:15 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    First movie: villain is Ares, God of War
    Second movie: villain is a fuckin rock

seriously, they could've done so much more. quite a disappointment tbh

It was enjoyable enough, but felt unfinished or something. Lots of bits and pieces that are just not complete, I don't know.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."