Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    That would be Zan15. You know, the homeboy whining about Portland immediately above my post asking if homeboy was still whining about Portland.

But go on and keep being the victim.
    umm don't roll me into your nonsense babbling. You seem to rather insult then discuss.

And really??? "delete everyone's fundamental right"....do we really want to rehash fundamental rights again? Because while you are worried about your toy's, the govt is sure fucking with your other "fundamental rights". Oh and the party in charge right now is actively trying to take quite a few of them away.

The very actions that 2A supporters say they need guns to protect us from. the ability to rise up and prevent the Tyrannical govt from doing it. Instead the vast majority of them either sit there or support them because they support 2A rights. Huge bucket of mostly hypocrites who proved their mantra was bullshit the whole time.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see a armed store owner in Germany successfully defended his wife and himself, from 2 criminals....https://www.foxnews.com/world/german...robbers-report

BERLIN — Police say a jeweler in the northern German city of Celle has shot dead two men suspected of trying to rob his business.

German news agency dpa reported Tuesday that one suspected robber was killed at the scene, while the second died later in hospital.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Yeah, well regulated militias at the time of writing the 2nd amendment was strictly about community-based militias that were commanded by veterans of the French and indian War, mustered by the local yeoman, and funded by wealthy landowners in lieu of conscription.

This locally-based strategy against the British standing army is what won the war, and as such, the founding fathers put it in stone, as a bulwark against nationally standing armies and federal management of community based militias, which ended with the passage of the militia acts of 1904.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    So where’s the regulated militia part?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good to see a armed store owner in Germany successfully defended his wife and himself, from 2 criminals....https://www.foxnews.com/world/german...robbers-report

BERLIN — Police say a jeweler in the northern German city of Celle has shot dead two men suspected of trying to rob his business.

German news agency dpa reported Tuesday that one suspected robber was killed at the scene, while the second died later in hospital.
    Geeze ran out of US stories huh??

I thought you didn't care about other countries???

Oh right you being a hypocrite again and using another countries example when it only supports your twisted logic

How about we implement some of their restrictions shall we..oh wait is this then where you will say the following again...

I have already stated, I do not care what laws other countries have because I do not live there and or care to..
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They always forget that part. They think that the regulations, such as laws limiting types of guns they can own without licenses and whatnot, is against the constitution, despite them being upheld by the SCOTUS several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They always forget that part. They think that the regulations, such as laws limiting types of guns they can own without licenses and whatnot, is against the constitution, despite them being upheld by the SCOTUS several times.
    No one on here is forgetting that part. And SCOTUS ruled the right to keep and carry firearms for self defense, is a right separate from a militia. There are many who do forget that part of the ruling.

Today we have the National Guard. Back then, they didn't have it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

No one on here is forgetting that part. And SCOTUS ruled the right to keep and carry firearms for self defense, is a right separate from a militia. There are many who do forget that part of the ruling.

Today we have the National Guard. Back then, they didn't have it.
    Then why do we have these white nationalist terrorist groups called "militias" now? Oh, right, they want to be the next Timothy McVeigh and attack the government if they step out of line, though they can't do much against tanks and drones if it came right down to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why do we have these white nationalist terrorist groups called "militias" now? Oh, right, they want to be the next Timothy McVeigh and attack the government if they step out of line, though they can't do much against tanks and drones if it came right down to it.
    There are many stupid people around saying all kinds of dumb shit. And no, Timothy McVeigh was a nut and does not represent the majority of many organized militia groups. And I agree, a effort from a normal group of civilians trying to force-ably over throw a government equipped with modern military equipment, would be a futile effort.

And as a side note, I am not a member of any organized militia group. I want to only be able to defend myself and loved ones. And maybe under some circumstances, help to save others. But thankfully, the odds are low I will not have to do ether. But I want the right to be prepared in case I do.

There are many stupid people around saying all kinds of dumb shit. And no, Timothy McVeigh was a nut and does not represent the majority of many organized militia groups. And I agree, a effort from a normal group of civilians trying to force-ably over throw a government equipped with modern military equipment, would be a futile effort.

And as a side note, I am not a member of any organized militia group. I want to only be able to defend myself and loved ones. And maybe under some circumstances, help to save others. But thankfully, the odds are low I will not have to do ether. But I want the right to be prepared in case I do.
    When you have the Oathkeepers and Three Percenters defending the likes of the Bundy ranch from the Bureau or Land Management from doing their job and seizing the cattle to pay the fines, then they are domestic terrorists. Especially after they took that national park building in Oregon and destroyed land after the 2 guys up there started a forest fire to cover up their poaching. They were just lucky they didn't have more deaths from what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have the Oathkeepers and Three Percenters defending the likes of the Bundy ranch from the Bureau or Land Management from doing their job and seizing the cattle to pay the fines, then they are domestic terrorists. Especially after they took that national park building in Oregon and destroyed land after the 2 guys up there started a forest fire to cover up their poaching. They were just lucky they didn't have more deaths from what happened.
    Well yeah. I do not support any domestic terrorist groups. But that is a different topic. If they commit crimes using firearms, that is a felon and they should lose the right to have them.

Now we can debate how long they should lose that right. For me, would depend on the type of crime one has committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The very actions that 2A supporters say they need guns to protect us from. the ability to rise up and prevent the Tyrannical govt from doing it. Instead the vast majority of them either sit there or support them because they support 2A rights. Huge bucket of mostly hypocrites who proved their mantra was bullshit the whole time.
    It's clear the point is not going to get through but since other people are reading, it bears repeating anyway:

Gun Grabbers are not our allies. They are not worth protecting. The fewer there are of you, the better. The second amendment is not going anywhere and the country is saturated with enough firearms, ammunition, and people that know how to use them to make the idea of a "gun free utopia" a total pipe dream. Deal with it.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-09-16 at 12:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's clear the point is not going to get through but since other people are reading, it bears repeating anyway:

Gun Grabbers are not our allies. They are not worth protecting. The fewer there are of you, the better. The second amendment is not going anywhere and the country is saturated with enough firearms, ammunition, and people that know how to use them to make the idea of a "gun free utopia" a total pipe dream. Deal with it.
    Its funny how similar your argument about the permanence of the saturation of firearms in the US is to confederate politicians speaking about the permanence of their slave society.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Its funny how similar your argument about the permanence of the saturation of firearms in the US is to confederate politicians speaking about the permanence of their slave society.
    Yeah, that must make gun control advocates the new abolitionists. Such bravery! Many heroic! Fucking brilliant take. Don't strain yourself.

BTW, gun grabber motives have often been driven by racism (since we're talking about denying Black Americans of their rights). Just ask Reagan. Way to be on the right side of history.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-09-16 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Preamble, not the actionable part of the Amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

During a civil war, the military would fracture, and the US military is not designed to function without its safe infrastructure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that must make gun control advocates the new abolitionists. Such bravery! Many heroic! Fucking brilliant take. Don't strain yourself.

BTW, gun grabber motives have often been driven by racism (since we're talking about denying Black Americans of their rights). Just ask Reagan. Way to be on the right side of history.
    Yeah its disgusting people advocating for policies that would protect lives.

The revisionist interpretation of the 2A is very recent, entirely driven by white supremacist (conservative) ideologues to help gun manufacturers and the gun lobby itself. Akin to the tactics and rhetoric employed by the pro-life lobby, gun proliferation relies on a deluded base of followers of the impending revolution due to declining white birth rates and their ensuing de-platforming of their privilege in the US.

Conservative ideologues have used pet issues for centuries to raise money on fear, fake science and fake economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yeah its disgusting people advocating for policies that would protect lives.

The revisionist interpretation of the 2A is very recent, entirely driven by white supremacist (conservative) ideologues to help gun manufacturers and the gun lobby itself. Akin to the tactics and rhetoric employed by the pro-life lobby, gun proliferation relies on a deluded base of followers of the impending revolution due to declining white birth rates and their ensuing de-platforming of their privilege in the US.

Conservative ideologues have used pet issues for centuries to raise money on fear, fake science and fake economics.
    Which gun control policy will violent criminals follow?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So, basically, your entire argument, is that why have laws if the criminals won't follow them? If you want some anarchy, I am sure there are some countries where you can go and not live under any laws if you don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    One that makes gun inaccessible to them, either literally or financially.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

So, basically, your entire argument, is that why have laws if the criminals won't follow them? If you want some anarchy, I am sure there are some countries where you can go and not live under any laws if you don't want to.
    the point is that taking guns away from law abiding citizens will leave them unable to defend themselves against intruders or a tyrannical government. Do you live in rural america? Do you know how long it can take for a sheriff's department to respond to calls in their counties at night?

Do you have a wife, mother sister, grandmother? If someone breaks into their house in the middle of the night would you rather they have a cell phone in their hands? or would you rather they have the ability to defend themselves? England has basically no guns and home invasions are extremely common. On top of that you have potential president/vice president that wants to defund police while they cheer on their citizens rioting/burning down buildings and assaulting people in mobs. Harris advocated for bailing out these rioters and letting them back out on the street.

Nobody in their right mind will give up their guns in this current situations. Fortunately we have our second amendment right to do so. We have the right to defend ourselves. Fortunately states are forming 2nd amendment sanctuarys to protect it's citizens in the event that biden/harris get into office and try to destroy the second amendment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...nd%20checks%2C

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    One that makes gun inaccessible to them, either literally or financially.
    I mean people are now literally able to 3d print/mill their own guns at home. There are schematics freely available online for this. Good luck trying to find all of these guns.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano